Singapore Expats Forum

Any Americans out there?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
cpd2009

New York --- looking to meet more friends

Postby cpd2009 » Fri, 01 Aug 2008 3:07 pm

Hello everybody - - from New York -- looking to meet more American and other expats from other countries to go out and hang out with .. Singapore can be quite a fun place to be in ---the weather here can get pretty hot here.....I also enjoy swing and salsa dancing and have been learning it for about a year -- i saw 1 or 2 salsa clubs at clarke quay....email me at columbiagraduate@yahoo.com

woud love to make more friends to go out with --- thanks everybody

Moverseas

Postby Moverseas » Fri, 01 Aug 2008 3:13 pm

Hi cpd2009-

Did you do swing and salsa at Columbia? I was on the Ballroom team in college. What brings you to Singapore?

-M
Last edited by Moverseas on Thu, 11 Sep 2008 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Postby sierra2469alpha » Fri, 01 Aug 2008 3:37 pm

What a happy little thread we have here

P & C :D :D :D

theperfectcup

Postby theperfectcup » Wed, 06 Aug 2008 1:35 pm

We are going to meet up tomorrow evening, August 7th, at 7pm at the Pump Room at Clarke Quay...hope to see some of you there!

PaulHerring3

Postby PaulHerring3 » Thu, 07 Aug 2008 4:25 pm

Im a little late in joining the discussion but....

Hey everyone! I am a 21 year old American. I am over here for two months working before returning for my last year at University.

I would definitly enjoy hanging out with some fellow Americans, I saw that a group was getting together tonight the 7th....

Is that an open invite? Is it a whole group of you?

Paul

bebe le chotchkey

Postby bebe le chotchkey » Wed, 20 Aug 2008 12:17 pm

Wow! This is a rough group...anyway, husband and I are here from US...not only looking for Americans to hang out with...we don't care where you are from...anyway, we're late 20's / early 30's...from Texas...just wondering if anyone is organizing any activities...we love to watch the Office (Steve Carrell version), have wine, Korean food, Mexican food, whatever, travel, etc...we have 2 sons...not sure if that excludes us from having fun with the "kid-less"...Ciao
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?

Alice22

Postby Alice22 » Fri, 22 Aug 2008 12:22 pm

Hello! I'm a 23yr old female from Cali. Count me in on your next gathering, I'd love to meet some other Americans too.

thecomicman

Postby thecomicman » Sat, 23 Aug 2008 3:17 pm

I'm a 25-year-old Californian by way of NYC. I recently moved here with my wife, who is Singaporean. I watch Jets games every week on our Slingbox and love comic books.

I would love to meet some fellow Americans, or really, any folks out there from any place. I've made friends with all my wife's friends, but you know, a guy's gotta have friends of his own, too.

countzero

Postby countzero » Sun, 24 Aug 2008 1:09 pm

I am also starved for american friends. I've made plenty of singaporean friends in my four months here but still have my moments when I crack an off color joke and people just stare at me, which makes me laugh even more and then I just look silly.

BTW I'm 29/M from Philadelphia.

To the guy with the slingbox, any chance of getting some Eagle's games on that thing? :D

theperfectcup

Postby theperfectcup » Sun, 24 Aug 2008 11:41 pm

Let's meet up this Friday for Happy Hour...say 7? Any suggestions for a good bar?

kaisa4282

Postby kaisa4282 » Mon, 25 Aug 2008 3:15 pm

Havent been here long enough to make any recommendations, but I may be interested in joining you all. 26/F from the Boston area. Keep me posted!

bebe le chotchkey

Postby bebe le chotchkey » Mon, 25 Aug 2008 6:51 pm

Clarke Quay has some good places, decent happy hours...anyone know of a particular place? Greenwood Avenue area may as well...
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?

Joyful
Regular
Regular

Postby Joyful » Mon, 25 Aug 2008 8:58 pm

Hmm...I'm Singaporean, but grew up in California...and yup, I'm game for a meet this friday before I go on my asian tour for 7 weeks!!! (Don't envy me..it's for work!)

Miss NorCal for sure...and yup, I know what it's like making jokes that no one understands or worse, stares at you!!!

I'll love to meet up as I'm pretty starved for the atmosphere that I grew up with.

I'm on MSN if anyone wants to chat...just PM me for the address...
Guilty by Association....NICE!

kenji77

Hi perfect cup

Postby kenji77 » Wed, 27 Aug 2008 11:56 am

Hi there. We can hang out and I could show you around if you like. I lived in LA for 8 years when I was younger, and been here for 5 years. Pretty much know the best and worst places in town.

Im 28 male, mix japanese and filipino and love to do sports, movies and drinking as well.

Hope tp hear from you soon.

Kenji

theperfectcup

Postby theperfectcup » Wed, 27 Aug 2008 10:41 pm

Here's the plan:

THE PUMP ROOM at Clarke Quay
8pm on Friday, August 29th, 2008

They have an unbeatable deal right now with pints for $4 and towers for $40 and it ends this weekend so let's enjoy it while we can.
No reservations so just text me at 84058267...cheers and hope to see you all there!