Singapore Expats Forum

Regular servicing of your air-conditioning?After Recomend

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

notwavingdrowning
Regular
Regular

Regular servicing of your air-conditioning?After Recomend

Postby notwavingdrowning » Mon, 28 Jul 2008 6:48 am

This forum has answered every other question I have had. I am hoping someone can refer me to a good air con serving company.

In our lease it says we need to enter a 12 month contract with a company to have 3-4 monthly servicing of our air cons.

We live in the Holland area in a condo. Do you use someone you can recommend? More than one referral would be appreciated for pricing and customer service comparisions.

Thank you :wave:
notwavingdrowning...is back from the Ashram and looking for a new career.

Barczar
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Barczar » Mon, 28 Jul 2008 9:30 am

I've been using QPA for the past 5 years. They come in when the maid is at home and I've never personally seen them, but they seem to do a decent enough job as they have always come on time and my place is always cold. Haven't noticed any problems with them?...My yearly contract with them (every 4 months) is somewhere around $300.

Tel: 67478938
If you want to play with the Big Dogs you can't pee like a Puppy!

Currymeister
Regular
Regular

Postby Currymeister » Mon, 28 Jul 2008 10:08 am

How many units do you have Barczar?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 28 Jul 2008 10:36 am

Whatever you do, be sure you do engage an air-con contractor do to quarterly maintenance. It will be your cost but you should forward "copies" of the quarterly services to the landlord anyway.

A mate of mine just bought a condo here in the same condo that he was renting in (different unit) when his lease was finished they virtually refinished the flat at his expense (kept his entire deposit) because the said the the aircon's caused all the water damage in the flat (along with "black" hairs clogging the drains). When the agent was showing the property he did note the peeling paint but did not say anything to him at all about seeing about rectifying the problem. I saw their response this morning (mate emailed me a copy of the letter) blaming him for not getting quarterly aircon maintenance contract, therefore apportioning the wall damage, parquet floor darkening from aircon overflow drains and condensate (even the the floor darkening was there when he moved in (I know, I helped him move in). SFA he can do about it as they are saying the repairs were more than the deposit but they are being kind as to not require additional funds to cover costs of repairs. It's total BS but this is Singapore where the tenant has no recourse at all.

If you don't get an aircon maintenance contract along with the paperwork indicating when they do the maintenance, the landlord will find a way to stuff you up. So, I think you guys know what to do regarding the last months rent before your lease expires.

notwavingdrowning
Regular
Regular

Thank you

Postby notwavingdrowning » Mon, 28 Jul 2008 10:44 am

Quote..So, I think you guys know what to do regarding the last months rent before your lease expires.

I did not get what this means SmS ??

Thankyou all for your help..I will take this Aircon biz very seriously.. :wink:

Currymeister
Regular
Regular

Postby Currymeister » Mon, 28 Jul 2008 12:38 pm

He menas don't pay the last months rent - if it equals the deposit - as you won't get the deposit back. In essence you are paying the deposit as the last months rent.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 28 Jul 2008 12:40 pm

I cannot spell it out here, so just use you imagination and also read some of the other threads on the trials and tribulations of expats ending their leases here. There are numerous examples in the Staying, Living in Singapore Forum.

Currymeister thinks that's what I mean. :wink: In the future I'm sure (s)he will be more circumspect here.

We don't recommend doing anything illegal here. It's up to you to determine what I actually am saying. :cool:

Barczar
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Barczar » Mon, 28 Jul 2008 2:04 pm

3 Bedroom apartment (so I gues that would be one for each and 2 in the living room) 5 total.

All points taken - get it done quarterly on time and within budget because they will gladly stick it in your ear when it comes time to leave! Usually sweet as pie during your stay when you are paying on time, go to leave and they take it as a personal insult and try to get every last penny including the deposit, which is usually interpretted as "Money to refurbish the flat afterwards"...note - can get your entire place painted to spec for under $100...professional cleaners with 5 star top to bottom scubbing, chemical peels etc - under $200. Good luck...lah!
If you want to play with the Big Dogs you can't pee like a Puppy!

notwavingdrowning
Regular
Regular

Oh goodness

Postby notwavingdrowning » Mon, 28 Jul 2008 6:07 pm

Currymeister wrote:He menas don't pay the last months rent - if it equals the deposit - as you won't get the deposit back. In essence you are paying the deposit as the last months rent.

I think they are onto that trick..Perhaps that why we nearly passed out when they asked for 3..THREE months rent in advance..Not a joke...

One month for advance rent and 2 months for Bond..Seriously...

So lets hope we can stay friends and they make nice with us when we take advantage of the "Diplomatic Break" they promised us we can use as we plan to leave at the 19-20 month mark...