Singapore Expats Forum

Looking to meet fellow Brits/Euros in Singers!

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Zeenit
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Zeenit » Mon, 08 Sep 2008 2:41 pm

JMEL wrote:please can you include me too - I'm from the UK but I may be too old though I'm 38? Are there any other over 30's attending?

Include me I will come for a short while..........famous last words
Zeenit

HunBunny80
Chatter
Chatter

Postby HunBunny80 » Tue, 09 Sep 2008 1:48 pm

Not surprising that most of us are here due to husbands/boyfriends' work. i am no different. Although born and grew up here, I was living in London for nearly a decade.
Husband loves it here so much that I have to come back.
Are you ladies enjoying it here so far?

Zeenit
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Zeenit » Tue, 09 Sep 2008 2:00 pm

HunBunny80 wrote:Not surprising that most of us are here due to husbands/boyfriends' work. i am no different. Although born and grew up here, I was living in London for nearly a decade.
Husband loves it here so much that I have to come back.
Are you ladies enjoying it here so far?

Yes I am enjoying SG and all the different cultures,food and hopefully do some travelling before our friends and family arrive for their visits.
Zeenit

knutty

What night are you meeting?

Postby knutty » Wed, 10 Sep 2008 12:05 pm

Gypsy Queen wrote:Reviving this thread as I was uselss organising anything before so think its high time we all met up! Drinks this week? :)

Hi girls,

When were you thinking Gypsy Queen? If it's Thursday I might be able to make it along for a couple.

JMEL - I'm over 30 so don't worry you won't be the only one!

HunBunny80 - I've been here for nearly 2 months and I'm loving it so far!

Hope to meet you all soon,
Knutty x

Gypsy Queen
Regular
Regular

Postby Gypsy Queen » Wed, 10 Sep 2008 12:18 pm

Thursday works for me so, early evening maybe? :-)

knutty

Postby knutty » Wed, 10 Sep 2008 12:49 pm

Yep sounds good to me, it won't be a late for me but it'd be nice to come along for a couple.

What time suits everyone, around 6.30pm?

Lisa500

Postby Lisa500 » Thu, 11 Sep 2008 9:12 am

Hi guys,

I'm Lisa, 29 and from the UK, I just moved here about 3 weeks ago as boyfriend has got a job, so I've followed him out here and am looking for work.

Would be great to make some new friends.

xxx

knutty

Postby knutty » Thu, 11 Sep 2008 10:07 am

Lisa500 wrote:I'm Lisa, 29 and from the UK, I just moved here about 3 weeks ago as boyfriend has got a job, so I've followed him out here and am looking for work.

Great, come out for a few drinks tonight if you're free.

So where shall we meet up then? What about Boat or Clarke Quay?

knutty

Postby knutty » Thu, 11 Sep 2008 2:48 pm

Hi again,

Sorry but I won't be able to make it tonight, something's come up.

Hope the rest of you can still make it and have a great time, look forward to hearing all about it.

Hope to meet you all soon!

chillicrab

Postby chillicrab » Thu, 11 Sep 2008 5:32 pm

Hello ladies

I am also in my 30s and from the UK - have been in Singapore for around 2.5 months but am new to this forum. Would defintely be interested in meeting more Brits - I can't come along tonight but please let me know if you organise further events

Hope to meet you all soon

:D

Lisa500

Postby Lisa500 » Thu, 11 Sep 2008 5:52 pm

Afraid I can't come tonight as I have a class to go to, but hopefully will be able to join you another time

Gypsy Queen
Regular
Regular

Postby Gypsy Queen » Thu, 11 Sep 2008 9:06 pm

Girls so sorry.. boss arrived suddenly and been snowed under with all the work rubbish. I hope you all met up tonight, seriously need to start organising my time better! :-)

Boulevard
Regular
Regular

Postby Boulevard » Thu, 11 Sep 2008 11:56 pm

I am also moving because my husband got a job. I'm 24, originally from Ireland but living in the UK the last year.
What are you ladies all planning to do work wise? I work in Office Management normally but don't have a degree which is proving to be an issue..
Would love to meet up for a few bevvies also! :D

Zeenit
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Zeenit » Fri, 12 Sep 2008 8:51 am

Boulevard wrote:I am also moving because my husband got a job. I'm 24, originally from Ireland but living in the UK the last year.
What are you ladies all planning to do work wise? I work in Office Management normally but don't have a degree which is proving to be an issue..

I don't think I will find work so instead I am going to do volunteering and I already got one assignment. So all I need now is another one and I will be fine. Always up for a drink or two.
Zeenit

HunBunny80
Chatter
Chatter

Postby HunBunny80 » Tue, 16 Sep 2008 11:44 pm

Boulevard wrote:I am also moving because my husband got a job. I'm 24, originally from Ireland but living in the UK the last year.

Hi Boulevard, there is always work. If you are looking for a high end position, you are more likely required to have a degree. If you are looking to kill time and get some international experience you will have no problem.