Singapore Expats Forum

Where to meet people on a Saturday night?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Nixxy
Regular
Regular

Where to meet people on a Saturday night?

Postby Nixxy » Sat, 26 Jul 2008 12:40 pm

Hey guys...I've just moved to Singapore from England and am going to be a student here for the next 4 years. I'm loving it so far (came over for 2 weeks in September, so it's much easier knowing my way around!). Just need to get a phone, house and some friends now. I'm sure I'll meet people once I start uni but I'd love to go out tonight and meet some random people. Where would you reccomend? I'm tempted by Jazz on the beach or whatever it's called on Sentosa.

Eilidh

jesseowc

Postby jesseowc » Sat, 26 Jul 2008 3:15 pm

Welcome to Singapore~the land of miracles! :D

masauds
Chatter
Chatter

hi

Postby masauds » Sat, 26 Jul 2008 4:00 pm

Hi Nixxy

We can meet for coffee hangout

Just add me to ur msn messanger or email me

masaud_s@hotmail.com

zflor

Re: Where to meet people on a Saturday night?

Postby zflor » Sun, 27 Jul 2008 11:38 am

Nixxy wrote:Hey guys...I've just moved to Singapore from England and am going to be a student here for the next 4 years. I'm loving it so far (came over for 2 weeks in September, so it's much easier knowing my way around!). Just need to get a phone, house and some friends now. I'm sure I'll meet people once I start uni but I'd love to go out tonight and meet some random people. Where would you reccomend? I'm tempted by Jazz on the beach or whatever it's called on Sentosa.

Eilidh

saw ur post too late :oops!: went to Jazz by e beach last nite, was pretty cool. the next one will only be available in October

propertypimp

Postby propertypimp » Tue, 29 Jul 2008 4:38 pm

i recommend singapore's Ministry of sound if u're a party goer

Nixxy
Regular
Regular

Postby Nixxy » Tue, 29 Jul 2008 5:25 pm

Hehe, don't think I'm THAT much of a party goer! I went to Jazz by the beach and sat on my own, it was nice :) Hehe. I prefer quiet drinks and gigs to clubbing in my old age ;)

zflor

Postby zflor » Tue, 29 Jul 2008 8:54 pm

Nixxy wrote:Hehe, don't think I'm THAT much of a party goer! I went to Jazz by the beach and sat on my own, it was nice :) Hehe. I prefer quiet drinks and gigs to clubbing in my old age ;)

e jazz singer was pretty gd yea. towards e end, she really seemed to be a little tipsy :wink:

Karthigesh

Postby Karthigesh » Fri, 01 Aug 2008 12:20 am

zflor wrote:
Nixxy wrote:Hehe, don't think I'm THAT much of a party goer! I went to Jazz by the beach and sat on my own, it was nice :) Hehe. I prefer quiet drinks and gigs to clubbing in my old age ;)

e jazz singer was pretty gd yea. towards e end, she really seemed to be a little tipsy :wink:

Well I have to agree, but she was soo much fun, just belting out song after song with such gusto....

If you guys love Jazz, check out Jazz@SouthBridge near South Bridge Road, it is really cosy and the singers are usually really talented...

I'm a huge fan of Jazz myself :D
Those Close To Me Say I'm An Old-School Romantic, Perhaps, I Don't Belong In Modern Day Love...

dvj_cool

Postby dvj_cool » Thu, 07 Aug 2008 10:52 pm

I new to this place and am lookin for some cool ppl to hang around on weekends.. kindly recommend some place??.