Singapore Expats

S-pass appeal process

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Heaven

Post by Heaven » Mon, 25 Aug 2008 12:11 pm

dear winvian, your still waiting for ur result?me also...

winvian

Post by winvian » Tue, 26 Aug 2008 2:28 pm

Heaven wrote:dear winvian, your still waiting for ur result?me also...
Dear Heaven,my result come out le!ya,i pass the test.you go to check your result on this website https://eponline.mom.gov.sg/epol/PEPOLU ... yAction.do

Heaven

Post by Heaven » Tue, 26 Aug 2008 2:51 pm

i failed the exam,i dont know why,im sad but i need to accept it. the exam is really easy but oohhhh anyway congratzzz

kenthaufiq

please advice...........

Post by kenthaufiq » Mon, 09 Nov 2009 4:33 pm

hello there,

I am ken, Indian, I recently got a job in Singapore esplanade as a customer service officer, but my S-pass was rejected, my HR said MOM will not disclose any reason for the rejection, she also said, they guessed its bcoz of my experience which does not meet the target ! and they also have sent an appeal last friday, but i have 3+ years of work experience in customer service in India and i have completed my diploma in hospitality and tourism management in Singapore Nanyang, have 8 months of internship exp too... they pay scale is also the $1800...!

Now they have askd me to wait for min 2 weeks for the results! I am so much upset...as Y all this shud happen at this point !

my academic records are also very good ! my employer is also very much supportive, could some one tell me as how much % is there now for the S pass approval !!!!!?

Y mom didnt disclose any reason, is it bcoz its minor mistakes made while submitting the EP online or anything else!

DID anyone went thru all this b4, please share some of your experience and give me some hope....!

thank you...

xtasy010
Regular
Regular

Post by xtasy010 » Mon, 09 Nov 2009 4:38 pm

In my opinion the % is very low, reason being they can easily find a local to do the same job.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 09 Nov 2009 5:10 pm

Customer service officers with your qualifications are a dime a dozen here in Singapore. Plenty of Locals & PR alike that can fill those jobs. No need for a company to try to import a foreigner when it's not necessary. That's probably 98% of the reason why your company application for you was rejected. If you weren't aware of it, there something called a recession still ongoing and most countries are trying to protect the job market for it's own citizens/PR's.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

kenthaufiq

Appeal process..........

Post by kenthaufiq » Wed, 11 Nov 2009 7:34 pm

Thank you so much for your reply, i do accept your point but then Y my employer offered a job, when they knw the outcome? and nw they say still they want me in ! so they have sent an appeal !!!!!!!!!!!..provided they say they dont have quota issues ( Sing-Esplanade) and if they cant get me a S pass then no other employers can do ! i am so much upset after hearing ths frm my HR ! is it true...So i just have to pack my things if this doesn't works out is it????

after investing so much of money in singapore...i hav got nothing !

Is Appeal useful??

Saint
Director
Director

Re: Appeal process..........

Post by Saint » Wed, 11 Nov 2009 11:23 pm

kenthaufiq wrote:Thank you so much for your reply, i do accept your point but then Y my employer offered a job, when they knw the outcome? and nw they say still they want me in ! so they have sent an appeal !!!!!!!!!!!..provided they say they dont have quota issues ( Sing-Esplanade) and if they cant get me a S pass then no other employers can do ! i am so much upset after hearing ths frm my HR ! is it true...So i just have to pack my things if this doesn't works out is it????

after investing so much of money in singapore...i hav got nothing !

Is Appeal useful??
Took me three times reading your posting to understand your ranting. Either your keyboard is faulty or your ability to string a proper sentence is lacking. I know what my vote goes to!

The fact you've paid to take a course in Singapore doesn't mean you are guaranteed a job. Paid education to foreigners is a business here, just like any other country, it isn't a passport to a job, especially a trade that can be filled by a currently unemployed local.

kenthaufiq

Post by kenthaufiq » Thu, 12 Nov 2009 1:13 am

Dear Saint,

I do appreciate the efforts taken in reading my post! but even after reading my post three times....I don't see any answers for my question ! Nothing is faulty ! its a short form just to cut down some typing time....

I knew it isn't a passport to a job ! but paid education in a developed country is a way to create a good career path and that's the hope we all have when we think about foreign education ! you can't deny that.

Anyway, my thanks and reply is for the one who previously replied for my post ! I know anybdy can reply for any post but, see to it that you post something useful to others and do not waste yours and others time !

Whatever i wrote is due to my frustration, u need to understand pal !

Thank you.

Took me three times reading your posting to understand your ranting. Either your keyboard is faulty or your ability to string a proper sentence is lacking. I know what my vote goes to!

The fact you've paid to take a course in Singapore doesn't mean you are guaranteed a job. Paid education to foreigners is a business here, just like any other country, it isn't a passport to a job, especially a trade that can be filled by a currently unemployed local.[/quote]

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Thu, 12 Nov 2009 1:33 am

kenthaufiq wrote:Dear Saint,

I do appreciate the efforts taken in reading my post! but even after reading my post three times....I don't see any answers for my question ! Nothing is faulty ! its a short form just to cut down some typing time....

I knew it isn't a passport to a job ! but paid education in a developed country is a way to create a good career path and that's the hope we all have when we think about foreign education ! you can't deny that.

Anyway, my thanks and reply is for the one who previously replied for my post ! I know anybdy can reply for any post but, see to it that you post something useful to others and do not waste yours and others time !

Whatever i wrote is due to my frustration, u need to understand pal !

Thank you.

The fact you've paid to take a course in Singapore doesn't mean you are guaranteed a job. Paid education to foreigners is a business here, just like any other country, it isn't a passport to a job, especially a trade that can be filled by a currently unemployed local.
[/quote]

Sadly the only way you can swing it, is with an appeal which is convincing, I feel that I must also speak out that it's almost impossible to get a Singaporean to work for even 1800, especially one that can do the job, in my five year here I have seen all our Singaporean employees apart from 4 or 5 leave, they had been with the company over 10 years, and they left from 04 to 07 the peak of the economy. My belief is that even is there are Singaporeans that can do the jobs, they are not going to do them, it's that simple, the minimum is 2k for a none educated Singaporean with a little commonsense, and my point is that MOM have commonsense they do know the difficulties.

So it's about how your HR approaches the problem, it must be very convincing, yes many Singaporeans can do the job, but maybe they only last the probation period, because they are not good enough, if MOM can provide the employee that can do the jobs, then that's great!

There most definitely isn't a business in Singapore that is going to carry free loaders and we have to be honest, not all Singaporeans are productive, far from it!

I have the same opinion about workers in UK too, so if they don't earn their keep, their wages, i wouldn't even work with them. I've been in many jobs in my life, and i do it to make money, not because i like the job, so it's work and home, no work and i will go home, and not even care about you sacking me or not! Though I have always known my productivity worth in life, and that is mine, not the employers. If I felt they was squeezing for more output, than I would just finish, because I know myself, what i can do and what i don't want to do. My advice is to get your HR to sell your abilities, stack them up against a Singaporean for the same income bracket, I'm pretty sure if there is no quota problem you will get the job!

It's taken 3 years to get someone with any commonsense, supplied by an agency for a sales driver position, and we have had quite a few on probation. Though my motto in life is that i want results, not excuses and with a philosophy of reap the rewards of the seeds you plant is a very basic concept to follow.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 12 Nov 2009 7:14 am

The only way an appeal will work when applying for an employment pass, is if you can bring something else to the table. If you submit the same data in an appeal, it will be rejected for the same reason (whatever that reason may be). You must be able to give them something new, either from your side academically or experience-wise, or the employer needs to find another BS story to write to hopefully justify their necessity to apply for an employment pass for a foreigner.

Oh, for the record, all most HR persons will file for EP's for foreigners in the hopes that the manage to pull one over on MOM. It's cheaper to hire a regional foreigner than it is to hire a Singaporean. But MOM is wise to that and have tightened up on approvals since September. FINALLY.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

kenthaufiq

Post by kenthaufiq » Thu, 12 Nov 2009 8:38 am

Hi guys,

Thanx a million ! to Ksl & Sundaymorning. I cld up my HR n aksd her as how they have submitted my appeal, whether she added any numbers to my wrk experience, since she said the rejection may be bcoz of my # of yrs wrk experience ! But according to her, all previously processed applicants had 5 yrs of exp but i have only 3+,

however she added that they would write something positive tht could Convince the MOM and initially i didn't give any of my documents to them while applying, but now i have forwarded all my Documents to them...SO i must wait for 3 weeks....now.

I hope for the best to happen in my case and i am in need of this very badly, at this point fo time this job n the pay is OK for me!

Guys thanks a lot for your valuable feedbcks....even tho the % is less, few words here really popped up my day and gives some more confident !

I have my fingers crossed now.

Cheers !!!!!!!

Sadly the only way you can swing it, is with an appeal which is convincing, I feel that I must also speak out that it's almost impossible to get a Singaporean to work for even 1800, especially one that can do the job, in my five year here I have seen all our Singaporean employees apart from 4 or 5 leave, they had been with the company over 10 years, and they left from 04 to 07 the peak of the economy. My belief is that even is there are Singaporeans that can do the jobs, they are not going to do them, it's that simple, the minimum is 2k for a none educated Singaporean with a little commonsense, and my point is that MOM have commonsense they do know the difficulties.

So it's about how your HR approaches the problem, it must be very convincing, yes many Singaporeans can do the job, but maybe they only last the probation period, because they are not good enough, if MOM can provide the employee that can do the jobs, then that's great!

There most definitely isn't a business in Singapore that is going to carry free loaders and we have to be honest, not all Singaporeans are productive, far from it!

I have the same opinion about workers in UK too, so if they don't earn their keep, their wages, i wouldn't even work with them. I've been in many jobs in my life, and i do it to make money, not because i like the job, so it's work and home, no work and i will go home, and not even care about you sacking me or not! Though I have always known my productivity worth in life, and that is mine, not the employers. If I felt they was squeezing for more output, than I would just finish, because I know myself, what i can do and what i don't want to do. My advice is to get your HR to sell your abilities, stack them up against a Singaporean for the same income bracket, I'm pretty sure if there is no quota problem you will get the job!

It's taken 3 years to get someone with any commonsense, supplied by an agency for a sales driver position, and we have had quite a few on probation. Though my motto in life is that i want results, not excuses and with a philosophy of reap the rewards of the seeds you plant is a very basic concept to follow.[/quote]

guitarman.lk

Post by guitarman.lk » Fri, 06 Aug 2010 12:39 pm

Hi guys..

It's been some time since last post, but what i wanna know is, how long actually MOM take to announce the test outcome. I did my test on 10 days ago and you know, it's getting very nervous. I would like to know, whether they inform directly to the company..?? And what will be the situation if we still fail in the process. And very importantly, i wanna know whether they only consider the exam result and s pass quota of the company during this outcome or will they review my whole application again..?? So much of questions.. Please Help me guys..!! I'm in Hell @ da moment.. :???:
Cham W

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 06 Aug 2010 2:05 pm

We've had several take the exams (2 I remember for sure as they were Indian Nationals whereas most of our guys are Burmese) Most get their results back between 2 and 3 weeks.

guitarman.lk

Post by guitarman.lk » Fri, 06 Aug 2010 2:42 pm

Thanks Bro. And what about the decision..?? Does it only depend on whether i've pass or not or what..?? If it only depends on Pass.. I wonder their cut off mark..??? Ohh gosh so many comming to my mind..!! My finger nails have shortened. I hope i did well.., and certainly i dont think anybody would fail the test. So thats why i'm confussed, whether they look into another detail.. Mmmm I wonder..!! Please clarify my thoughts SMS.. :?
Cham W