Singapore Expats Forum

S-pass appeal process

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Valmont

S-pass appeal process

Postby Valmont » Fri, 25 Jul 2008 4:42 am

hey guys, got a job offer in sg recently, however, i was told that there were problems in obtaining my s pass by the company...hence the appeal process. i was told to sit in for a general aptitude test by mom in a couple of weeks. anyone here shared the similar predicament? is it something easy to pass?

got me worried sick :?

ta.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 25 Jul 2008 7:06 am

Are you by chance a Malaysian or Indian? I only ask because recently I had two Indian nationals who had done education in Malaysia were asked to sit the exams as well. They said it was a piece of cake. However I have not seen the exam itself. I would think if you have a modicum of education to the level required for an "S" pass you should have no problem. Don't sweat it. But get a good night sleep before you sit any exam so you will have your wits about you.

Edited for spelling errors
Last edited by sundaymorningstaple on Fri, 25 Jul 2008 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Valmont

Postby Valmont » Fri, 25 Jul 2008 4:19 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Are you by chance a Malaysian or Indian? I only ask because recently I had two Indian nationals who had done education in Malaysia were asked to set the exams as well. They said it was a piece of cake. However I have not seen the exam itself. I would think if you a a modicum of education to the level required for an "s" pass you should have no problem. Don't sweat it. But get a good night sleep before you set any exam so you will have your wits about you.

yah, im a malaysian chinese :) thanks for the heads up mate

Yest

Postby Yest » Sun, 27 Jul 2008 4:13 pm

:cool: I am going for the test another two days. update u later..
Wish me gdluck, Malaysian Chinese too..[/quote]

Valmont

Postby Valmont » Sun, 27 Jul 2008 8:00 pm

Yest wrote::cool: I am going for the test another two days. update u later..
Wish me gdluck, Malaysian Chinese too..

good luck yest!! tell us all about it when you get back. :)

Yest

I am back, man..

Postby Yest » Tue, 29 Jul 2008 8:59 pm

update u first while it is stil hot n fresh in my mind.
is a 80+ multiple choice questions which divided into 3 sections.
First section is about 45 question, test you on your quick n fast response on the picture show, for them , is to show whut your adaptibility to new environment...

section b & c are Questionnaires, they wan 2 get sum feedback from us.
Nothg much. No need any preparation.
What u hv 2 do is juz make ur eye sight is okay.
That's all.

But I'm not doing well in 2day exam..
Hope everythg is okay.. i m in waiting mode again..

Phoenix2512

Postby Phoenix2512 » Wed, 30 Jul 2008 12:03 pm

Thank u very much, Yest, and wish u a good result.
I'm from China. My emplorer of Sing is applying S-pass for me. He said I need to take this test after several days in Sing, and I agreed, although I feel confused why MoM want to do so.
Are there many foreigners as far as I am go there to take this exam with u?
May you kindly tell us how is the level of difficulty of English? and can you remember any question of the test? for I really have no idea of this test.
Very grateful for your reply :wink:

filipino dude

Postby filipino dude » Thu, 31 Jul 2008 8:28 pm

Hi there,

I took the test last July 11, got the result on July 28, and I passed!

Do not sweat it out, the first part of the test is about IQ ability, just shapes and sizes

example

first picture is a square, 2nd picture is a triangle, 3rd picture is a square again, so what would be the 4th picture? of course as you can see in the pattern, it would be, S - T - S and Triangle is the answer

the 2nd part of the test are question about your opinion on working in singapore, no right or wrong answers here mate, questions like

"I believe, anyone regardless of race, religion, sex and culture, can contribute to the workforce in sigapore"

Choices are

Strongly disagree
disagree
nuetral
agree
strongly disagree!!!

thats it!!

don't sweat it man!!

you WILL pass the test!!!

Valmont

Postby Valmont » Thu, 31 Jul 2008 11:22 pm

hey guys, thanks for the replies! been much help 8-)

Phoenix2512

Postby Phoenix2512 » Thu, 31 Jul 2008 11:50 pm

Yes, thank you very much!

Yest

Postby Yest » Fri, 01 Aug 2008 8:33 pm

Dear All,

Gambate, good luck for yours test!

Dear Phoenix,

dun worry with the level of english because you are going to aid with the different language of question paper for your references,

all the instructions the officer wil given twice also, english and then follow by chinese.

Phoenix2512

Postby Phoenix2512 » Fri, 01 Aug 2008 11:10 pm

What kind-hearted friends!
My emplorer has withdrawn and submit again the S pass application to try to save my troble of flying there just for a test. Don't know the result yet, hope for the best.
And wish we could meet in Sing in the near future!

filipino dude

Postby filipino dude » Sat, 02 Aug 2008 3:41 am

My emplorer has withdrawn and submit again the S pass application to try to save my troble of flying there just for a test.

Your company can do that? wouldn't MOM remember that they rejected you before and they wanted you to take the test?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 02 Aug 2008 9:53 am

He's already been issued a FIN number probably so any new application will open up the old file again, see the test was required and not yet taken. They will just schedule the test again with the next application, no problem. He hasn't avoided the test, only postponed it temporarily. Even if they withdrew the application and reapply, no big deal with MOM, but he will still probably have to sit the exam even if applied by another company.

All he's done is lost himself some wages that's all.....

sms

filipino dude

Postby filipino dude » Sat, 02 Aug 2008 2:16 pm

sundaymorningstaple,

Oh ok, I didn't know that. Seems like you know something about MOM, do you work there? Or have contacts?

If so, I have a question/scenario in mind, maybe you can help me

thanks