Singapore Expats Forum

Singapore Drivers licence road rules

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

EADG
Reporter
Reporter

Postby EADG » Sun, 27 Jul 2008 7:18 pm

exactly

I thought our ozchick was pulling our leg with an oxymoron with the thread title

one of these could be "don't signal lane change for fear of loosing face",

another, "maintain presence in two lanes by straddling the dotted line, that way no one can pass and you can decide your lane at will"

zjules wrote:The rules are easy.. give way to no one whatever the circumstances, look ahead only, mirrors are for decoration, constantly tap the accelerator pedal to make passengers feel unwell, you may only stay in 1 lane for max 15 seconds...
Ape Shall Not Kill Ape

bruinbear
Regular
Regular

Postby bruinbear » Sun, 27 Jul 2008 7:40 pm

I thought signalling does work somewhat. I've had drivers giving way to me on more than one occasion when I signalled early.

Splatted
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Splatted » Sun, 27 Jul 2008 9:18 pm

ozchick,

I was told by a friend that if you have an Oz full licence you don't need to sit the test again in Sg, but can use the Australian licence instead.

Perhaps do a few phone calls and find out whether it's true.

I'd still pay for a few lessons though, to get used to driving under local conditions.

edit: actually,.. nevermind.. I missed the "prior to converting" bit in your post. please ignore