Singapore Expats Forum

Buying a sofa-bed

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Buying a sofa-bed

Postby ozchick » Wed, 23 Jul 2008 11:14 am

Any recomendations please on where to buy a really great bed- sofa. The ones for sale in 'that Swedish' place even my Swedish rooster doesn't recommend. Does anyone have one that is as good as a firm bed ? What brand and can we get one here in Sg ? Not so concerned about the look colour etc as the comfort factor for guests.
OR alternatively a 'double' bed (not Queen). Haven't found these here so far in Sg. Maybe they're not available. The spare bedroom is really too small for a queen-size bed.
Grateful for any advice yeah ?
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Wed, 23 Jul 2008 1:05 pm

Have you tried Park Mall? Its in the Orchard belt opposite Dhoby Ghaut MRT station. Lots of mid- to high-end furniture.

My personal preference for a guestroom would be a teak daybed - not the foldable sort but a permanent sofa with lots of cushions / pillows; it's big and comfy enough to sleep in (unless you're very tall).

Have fun shopping!

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Wed, 23 Jul 2008 5:13 pm

Wind In My Hair wrote:Have you tried Park Mall? Its in the Orchard belt opposite Dhoby Ghaut MRT station. Lots of mid- to high-end furniture.

My personal preference for a guestroom would be a teak daybed - not the foldable sort but a permanent sofa with lots of cushions / pillows; it's big and comfy enough to sleep in (unless you're very tall).

Have fun shopping!

Mm...a teak day bed ! That's not a bad idea.....and Park Mall well I know they're expensive but that's probably the way to go if we want comfort yeah? Thanks WIMH! Gonna go check it out ! :)
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

QRM
Manager
Manager

Postby QRM » Wed, 23 Jul 2008 5:18 pm

Agree with WIMH, I just purchased a cheap double bed with out the headboard, and a locally made firm mattress.

Made some large round boulsters, for three sides, and a matching cover for the whole mattress, then chucked a load of pillows around. It looks like a comfy large sofa fit for a nomadic sheik, and if a guest comes along easy to convert to a bed.

In fact the giant sofa was so comfy the guest room has now become the Den.