Singapore Expats

Peas in a Pod Club

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
notwavingdrowning
Regular
Regular

Not dead just sleeping..

Post by notwavingdrowning » Sat, 31 Jan 2009 7:44 am

Hi *Peas, we are not dead, just been away or absorbed with a newborn!

Well I am back from 3 months at an Ashram and I know Currymeister has been VERY busy with his new Son...So as one of the original organizers of this group, I propose we have another get together!

I am thinking Valentines day the Saturday 14th Feb mid afternoon..Or is this a bad idea date wise?

Need suggestions with places to book, only requirements are relaxed comfortable environment with lots of shade! (Our second meeting place Oosh at Dempsey was good-minus the bill debacle but our 3rd at Loof not so much, but only in my opinion)

Looking forward to your thoughts

*You are a pea if you were once foreign to these wonderful lands, perhaps feel a bit lost sometimes and looking to widen your circle of friends..
notwavingdrowning...is back from the Ashram and looking for a new career.

Bocat32
Regular
Regular

HI

Post by Bocat32 » Sat, 31 Jan 2009 10:27 am

Hi

I'd love to come along to one of your meet ups but can't make a Saturday afternoon as my son has Tumble Tots.

Any chance of making it another day?

Do the kids come along too to your meet ups or is it adults only?

Catherine

charlieemma79

Peas in a pod club

Post by charlieemma79 » Wed, 04 Feb 2009 1:38 pm

Hi

I am new to Singapore - moved here over a month ago from the UK with my boyfriend and we're finding it quite difficult to make friends. It would be great if you could include me on e-mails as to where you may meet next time as it would be lovely for us to get out and speak to other people !!!!

Thanks a lot,

C

Currymeister
Regular
Regular

Re: Peas in a pod club

Post by Currymeister » Tue, 10 Feb 2009 11:14 pm

charlieemma79 wrote:Hi

I am new to Singapore - moved here over a month ago from the UK with my boyfriend and we're finding it quite difficult to make friends. It would be great if you could include me on e-mails as to where you may meet next time as it would be lovely for us to get out and speak to other people !!!!

Thanks a lot,

C

Hi Peas! A belated happy new year to yopu all! even belated lunar new year! Gosh

Yes....sorry it's been a bit quiet round here - as NWD mentioned, my wife had a baby last year, then Christmas back in UK, so between that and work etc etc...

Will sure crank it back up this year, it would be great to keep meeting some new people.

Unfortunately, we've got house guests at the moment - then we're off to Cape Town on holiday...so I won't make the next get together. Thanks to NWD for volunteering to organise! But looking forward to catching up with you all in March. I've got some good ideas for a venue too!

BE happy,

CM

Lil'Pea

Are the peas still in the pod?

Post by Lil'Pea » Wed, 22 Jul 2009 11:39 am

Hi,

Mind if we peas join the pod?

Please let us know.

Thanks.
Regards, Lil'Pea