Go-karting karting apparels in Singapore?

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
Post Reply
gohkarter
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 12:44 pm

Go-karting karting apparels in Singapore?

Post by gohkarter » Thu, 17 Jul 2008 12:49 pm

Hey members! F1 is coming into Singapore and it seems that go-karting is getting popular, with all the recent K1 events in our neighborhood areas. Well, I am one enthusiastic fella who just started karting on go-karts. I also understand that safety is a big issue in motorsports. However, the safety equipment is so expensive! (Sparco, OMP, etc). Is there any local motorsports seller selling karting apparels? Something cheap and good for us starters so we don't burn a hole in our pockets while enjoying go-karting!

NC30
Regular
Regular
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 6:33 pm

Post by NC30 » Mon, 21 Jul 2008 5:25 pm

This can help you http://www.kartingedge.com
try the forum for some questions...
regards

gohkarter
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 12:44 pm

Post by gohkarter » Wed, 23 Jul 2008 11:06 pm

NC30 wrote:This can help you http://www.kartingedge.com
try the forum for some questions...
regards
Hey bro NC30, I've visited the site and they mentioned a local brand called OB Racing. Have you tried them before? Any feedback?

NC30
Regular
Regular
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 6:33 pm

Post by NC30 » Tue, 29 Jul 2008 7:00 pm

no not personally but i know they sell online also, and have good feedback from what i hear. You can send them some inquiry.

ancientmoon
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 11:39 pm

Post by ancientmoon » Tue, 29 Jul 2008 11:43 pm

less saw tis kind of shops ,i also wonder to know

gohkarter
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 12:44 pm

Post by gohkarter » Tue, 05 Aug 2008 12:49 pm

Found the site. It's www.obracing.sg, a local brand. I've just dropped them an email asking if I can see their products, and they replied almost immediately! Anyone interested to go down with me?

gohkarter

Lilyanz
Regular
Regular
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 2:48 pm

Post by Lilyanz » Tue, 05 Aug 2008 9:05 pm

hey i wanna try go karting too? but what are the rates? i heard is like 40 dollars for 10 min is that true?

User avatar
elska76
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 7:45 pm
Location: elska-land

Post by elska76 » Wed, 06 Aug 2008 11:35 am

Lilyanz wrote:hey i wanna try go karting too? but what are the rates? i heard is like 40 dollars for 10 min is that true?
The rates are all stated in this site :)

http://www.kartworld.com.sg/
Some people are alive cos its illegal to kill ;)

gohkarter
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 12:44 pm

Post by gohkarter » Wed, 06 Aug 2008 12:16 pm

elska76 wrote:
Lilyanz wrote:hey i wanna try go karting too? but what are the rates? i heard is like 40 dollars for 10 min is that true?
The rates are all stated in this site :)

http://www.kartworld.com.sg/
The rates in kartworld are killers. I tried it once and found the track too small and too expensive! it costs S$40 for 10mins and the track is only 520m. I have been to the one in Permas, it costs only RM35 for 10min, and the track is about 2x that of kartworld!

User avatar
elska76
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 7:45 pm
Location: elska-land

Post by elska76 » Wed, 06 Aug 2008 12:52 pm

Is the Tuas Karting Track ready???? or is it jus a rumour?
gohkarter wrote:
elska76 wrote:
Lilyanz wrote:hey i wanna try go karting too? but what are the rates? i heard is like 40 dollars for 10 min is that true?
The rates are all stated in this site :)

http://www.kartworld.com.sg/
The rates in kartworld are killers. I tried it once and found the track too small and too expensive! it costs S$40 for 10mins and the track is only 520m. I have been to the one in Permas, it costs only RM35 for 10min, and the track is about 2x that of kartworld!
Some people are alive cos its illegal to kill ;)

Lilyanz
Regular
Regular
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 2:48 pm

Post by Lilyanz » Wed, 06 Aug 2008 3:33 pm

woaaah tuas? damn thats is pretty far off from where im staying.. so how u get there? drive?

NC30
Regular
Regular
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 6:33 pm

Post by NC30 » Mon, 11 Aug 2008 12:30 am

The Tuas circuit is a fact, and quite nice to ride 840m long but at the moment only for motorbikes, Supermotards, pocket bikes and scramblers
maybe in the future there will be karting also, but if you want to give it a try feel free to visit the site and choose your thing from the timetable.
http://www.singaporecircuit.com

NC30
Regular
Regular
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 6:33 pm

Post by NC30 » Tue, 12 Aug 2008 1:49 pm

Lilyanz wrote:woaaah tuas? damn thats is pretty far off from where im staying.. so how u get there? drive?
closest MRT = BOON LAY take bus 192 to tuas terminal, the circuit is just next door, or by taxi form boon lay to Tuas west drive approx 10 dollar.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Entertainment, Leisure & Sports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest