Singapore Expats

Is the approval letter enough to enter singapore

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
tomrs

Post by tomrs » Tue, 15 Jul 2008 11:19 pm

One thing is very clear you have not read my previous posts. What a dumb question?

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Tue, 15 Jul 2008 11:29 pm

tomrs wrote:One thing is very clear you have not read my previous posts. What a dumb question?
I have also read your previous posts and not once do you indicate or answer the question whether you have a AIP????

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 16 Jul 2008 12:40 am

tomrs wrote:One thing is very clear you have not read my previous posts. What a dumb question?
If one looks at the initial three posts this "person" made, it is pretty obvious that his know-it-all attitude knows very little of anything given he had to ask the silliest of dumb questions about arriving here but yet thinks he knows everything else. #-o ](*,)

Donno strikes again!
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Wed, 16 Jul 2008 1:00 am

Strong Eagle wrote: Do you have your AIP letter?
Ahem....are quite sure he knows what that is?........ :P :lol: :lol:

tomrs

Post by tomrs » Wed, 16 Jul 2008 2:14 am

The biggest mistake I have ever did was I posted my silly questions on this forum hoping that I would get the answers. In the end what I learnt was the moderators are more eager to ask me questions rather than giving answers.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 16 Jul 2008 6:43 am

tomrs wrote:The biggest mistake I have ever did was I posted my silly questions on this forum hoping that I would get the answers. In the end what I learnt was the moderators are more eager to ask me questions rather than giving answers.
Questions are asked in order to fully understand your situation so that the proper answers may be given.

You have demonstrated that:

a) You don't understand how things work
b) An arrogance, saying that me and others are "narrow" when we question your plan, and at the same time,
c) You don't answer any questions!

So, have at it, bud. Do whatever you think it is you are going to do.

But, you still haven't answered my main question:

Do you have your approval in principle (AIP) letter already?

If yes, then you have the answers you need already. If not, then you are simply being truculent and argumentative with those trying to provide assistance to you. Bye bye and good luck.

tomrs

Post by tomrs » Wed, 16 Jul 2008 10:36 am

Have you read my question

"Is the approval letter is enough to enter singapore. will the immigration office will grant me the single entry visa. I have heard from someone that I need to get the employer(in my case I own the company) to pick up me from airport otherwise I will be rejected entry, is that true?"

If you have read my question you are as silly as me and you wouldn't be asking whether I have the AIP.

I don't know why you are asking questions which are unrelated to my question.

yogibabe

Post by yogibabe » Wed, 16 Jul 2008 11:05 am

tomrs wrote:Have you read my question

"Is the approval letter is enough to enter singapore. will the immigration office will grant me the single entry visa. I have heard from someone that I need to get the employer(in my case I own the company) to pick up me from airport otherwise I will be rejected entry, is that true?"

If you have read my question you are as silly as me and you wouldn't be asking whether I have the AIP.

can't help but jump in here.
IMO your question merely asked if the letter itself is sufficient to guarantee a single entry visa. it doesn't necessarily mean that you HAVE the letter already. ok it's either that or my level of comprehension of the english language is below par.

may i suggest you contact MOM directly with your queries? then that will save everyone's breath around here.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 16 Jul 2008 11:37 am

yogibabe wrote:

IMO your question merely asked if the letter itself is sufficient to guarantee a single entry visa. it doesn't necessarily mean that you HAVE the letter already. ok it's either that or my level of comprehension of the english language is below par.

may i suggest you contact MOM directly with your queries? then that will save everyone's breath around here.
2 points for yogibabe, who clearly sees that while tomrs is asking about the AIP he has never stated whether or not he has the AIP.

-2 points for tomrs who cannot seem to fathom this and who still has not announced whether he has an AIP letter in hand or not.

Levikane
Regular
Regular

Post by Levikane » Wed, 16 Jul 2008 11:39 am

Wouldn't it be nice if they had verbal comprehension tests before issuing AIP's...

yogibabe

Post by yogibabe » Wed, 16 Jul 2008 11:41 am

thank you eagle... *phew* for a moment i thought my command of english has gone down the drain... :lol: :P

tomrs

Post by tomrs » Wed, 16 Jul 2008 11:44 am

yogibabe wrote:

Forget other things and I want a straight answer

What will be your answer for this question?

It is you people are asking whether I have the AIP or not and I don't think it is relevant for this question. My question is very simple if you can understand English.

yogibabe

Post by yogibabe » Wed, 16 Jul 2008 11:59 am

tomrs wrote:

Forget other things and I want a straight answer

What will be your answer for this question?

It is you people are asking whether I have the AIP or not and I don't think it is relevant for this question. My question is very simple if you can understand English.[/quote]

*sigh* i just asked my nephew who works in MOM. you will not have any problems entering singapore on your own IF you have the letter. no need for anyone to pick u up at the point of entry. However, what kind of visa will the immigration give, he has no answer. you have to seek the advise of www.ica.gov.sg

is the answer simple enough? :roll:

tomrs

Post by tomrs » Wed, 16 Jul 2008 12:16 pm

Thank God!

There is at least one good soul who can answer straight to my question.

Thanks yogibabe

yogibabe

Post by yogibabe » Wed, 16 Jul 2008 12:24 pm

tomrs wrote:Thank God!

There is at least one good soul who can answer straight to my question.

Thanks yogibabe
you are welcome.