Singapore Expats

Can I get the employment pass within a day

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
tomrs

Can I get the employment pass within a day

Post by tomrs » Mon, 14 Jul 2008 9:44 am

After submitting the documents with mom can I receive the employment pass within a day? Is the mom office is very crowded?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 14 Jul 2008 6:14 pm

With the level of your questions, I am very much starting to feel sorry for your potential employer...... :o
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

tomrs

Post by tomrs » Tue, 15 Jul 2008 8:28 am

Thanks for your compliments. So stop bothering and take care of yourself buddy.
Last edited by tomrs on Wed, 16 Jul 2008 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 16 Jul 2008 12:46 am

Like I said before.......

I am very much starting to feel sorry for your potential employer...... They have hired a real dingaling. Course somehow it doesn't surprise me as they seem to have a dingaling who owns the company.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Wed, 16 Jul 2008 12:53 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Wed, 16 Jul 2008 1:55 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Like I said before.......

I am very much starting to feel sorry for your potential employer...... They have hired a real dingaling. Course somehow it doesn't surprise me as they seem to have a dingaling who owns the company.
And I know the Company, it's called Ring A Bell, and the MD is Mrs Dingaling, who employed Mr Dingaling, to jingle her jangle bell, but he couldn't because he didn't have the AIP letter. So now Mrs dingaling will be getting some jingles from someone else, if he doesn't get his employment pass for Christmas.

Hells bells will be let loose then, and he will be jingling bells all the way to Singapore, only to find, that one of the locals, was a better bell ringer, with a dingaling dong, that got the stamp of approval and a pay rise too.

Jingle bells Jingle Bells Jingle all the way, oh what fun it is to ride, a one horse open slay 8-) :lol:

Actually I was under the impression any person on EP, can only start a business if, they are personally not involved in the business at all, while on an EP, because it must not cause any conflict of interest with the EP that is issued.

That is to say, you cannot setup a company in your name and employ yourself while on an EP, neither can you get an EP in another company and start your own business, if it will effect the EP, the last time I read the rules, it may have changed but i doubt it.

Have a nice day, and even so, it will not escape a business plan, because the EP will be cancelled and an entrepass will be issued when the time comes. Better hurry up, it's soon Christmas :roll: and the bells will be ringing :shock:

ksl
Governor
Governor

Re: Can I get the employment pass within a day

Post by ksl » Wed, 16 Jul 2008 2:05 am

tomrs wrote:After submitting the documents with mom can I receive the employment pass within a day? Is the mom office is very crowded?
The MOM office is very crowded, But if you haven't got the AIP, stay at home, because you will just waste your journey :cry: No AIP no EP
The AIP is the approval in principle letter if you have recieved it. it could take longer than a day, one never knows what's around the corner with the powers of B.

tomrs

Post by tomrs » Wed, 16 Jul 2008 10:46 am

Yes I have planned to visit mom without the AIP .
Last edited by tomrs on Fri, 25 Jul 2008 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 16 Jul 2008 11:21 am

tomrs wrote:Yes I have planned to visit mom without the AIP and I also looking if there is any way to collect the pass by sitting at home.

If you have any doubts about employment pass contact Mom directly and may be they can help you. I am no expert like you and I can say one thing you should learn to accept facts and if you are not ready to accept then I can't do anything.
Well... have fun! No AIP, no pass. MOM employs some of the best and the brightest. However, they are also government bureaucrats, bound by process. All the check boxes must be checked and not having an AIP is a big unchecked box.

No, you don't have to be personally present to collect an employment pass. You can send a representative. But either you or your representative MUST appear at MOM with your passport, your AIP, any documents requested in the AIP, and your medical form so that they can be presented to the EP agent. Your passport will be retained, you will be asked to come back in the afternoon or the next morning at which time you pay your fees and your passport with your work permit stamped into it is returned to you along with your green card, used for leaving and re-entering the country.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Re: Can I get the employment pass within a day

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 16 Jul 2008 11:31 am

tomrs wrote:After submitting the documents with mom can I receive the employment pass within a day? Is the mom office is very crowded?
You seem unclear on the process. First you submit an application for an EP. This can be done in one of two ways:

EP Online - You fill out the online form. You are given a registration number. If the company is well known, your credentials are in order, and you are making a big enough salary, EP approval can occur in as little as 48 hours. It can also stretch to weeks if they need to investigate you.

You check your status online. It will be one of three: Accepted, In Progress, or Rejected. If rejected you get a link to a form letter telling you that you are rejected. It will not state the reason. If accepted, you will get a link to your AIP letter which will state what documents you must bring with you. Print this out, and bring it with you to MOM, along with the documents as I stated in an earlier post.

EP Manually - Print out the manual application form. Fill it out. Submit copies of documents required. Take the whole thing to MOM and drop it in the box or submit at Singpost. It will take a minimum of one week, longer if there are questions, before you receive an approval or rejection letter in the mail.

brittphil

Post by brittphil » Mon, 28 Jul 2008 2:18 pm

Yes the office is crowded but don't worry it is not a big problem. You can collect your pass within a day if you submit your documents within 3 pm otherwise you have to collect it on the next day.

Collecting the pass will take no more than 5 minutes.

cpd2009

NO hard to get ep in 1 day --

Post by cpd2009 » Fri, 01 Aug 2008 3:33 pm

NO hard to get ep in 1 day --

Pguy

Post by Pguy » Fri, 01 Aug 2008 7:44 pm

bureaucracy, bureaucracy!!!! :D