Singapore Expats Forum

Mustafa's Shopping Security Harrassment

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

hk203
Regular
Regular

Postby hk203 » Fri, 17 Oct 2008 3:40 pm

\
Last edited by hk203 on Thu, 11 Dec 2014 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shankar
Regular
Regular

Postby Shankar » Fri, 17 Oct 2008 7:12 pm

Post HijackeD

smokeofsampoi

dear Fahim,

Postby smokeofsampoi » Fri, 17 Oct 2008 8:59 pm

Hey bro,
The first thing i would like to highlight is,get a lawyer consultation for SGD30 at any law firm company.these bunch of idiots who reply, know nothing but in fact criticize you which make u feel demoralized.They are not professional in the way they reply.BY the way,you shouldn't be proud of your degree here(Singapore).Most of us are degree holders too.
If you feel that you are in the right,why not, take proper action by proper procedure against them.Or at least launch a big hoohaa complaint to their management and the security main company which is labeled on their uniform.And also jolt down the name of the person who is controlling the cctv.Don't worry,even if you are in the wrong,the security shouldn't have handled it the way they did.THIS IS SINGAPORE WHERE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THE MOST IMPORTANT!!

QRM
Manager
Manager

Re: dear Fahim,

Postby QRM » Fri, 17 Oct 2008 9:53 pm

smokeofsampoi wrote:Hey bro,
The first thing i would like to highlight is,get a lawyer consultation for SGD30 at any law firm company.these bunch of idiots who reply, know nothing but in fact criticize you which make u feel demoralized.They are not professional in the way they reply.BY the way,you shouldn't be proud of your degree here(Singapore).Most of us are degree holders too.
If you feel that you are in the right,why not, take proper action by proper procedure against them.Or at least launch a big hoohaa complaint to their management and the security main company which is labeled on their uniform.And also jolt down the name of the person who is controlling the cctv.Don't worry,even if you are in the wrong,the security shouldn't have handled it the way they did.THIS IS SINGAPORE WHERE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THE MOST IMPORTANT!!

Singapore is famous for its crap customer service even the Govt. had to do the "smile" campaign in 2006, admittedly Singapore air got it right on the planes, but ground staff and back of house ticketing etc really needs some work.

Curious to know what language did you take your degrees in ? you even said it yourself
"you shouldn't be proud of your degree here(Singapore)"

Alot of the degrees here are the mickey mouse kind and not recognized overseas, even the press have been highlighting all the scam PhD in Singapore

smokeofsampoi

HAHAHAHAHA!

Postby smokeofsampoi » Sat, 18 Oct 2008 12:51 am

HAHAHAHAH!

sundaymorningstaple

Re: HAHAHAHAHA!

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 18 Oct 2008 7:00 am

smokeofsampoi wrote:Hey bro,

smokeofsampoi wrote:HAHAHAHAH!

I though you said you weren't gonna smoke that stuff in Singapore?

If you aren't smoking sh*t, then you really need a reality check. BADLY!

Hopefully your last sentence with meant totally.....

otherwise you are sure a deluded soul...... :roll:

Vodkashot

Re: Mustafa's Shopping Security Harrassment

Postby Vodkashot » Sat, 18 Oct 2008 3:00 pm

fahim27 wrote:Dear Friends
This is a true story. I would like to highlight that Shopping in Mustafa which everybody thinks is enjoyable and affordable is not true.

There is Yonex sale going outside mustafa. My Friend took one of the Yonex track pants and wanted to pay, but there was no cashier at that time as it was almost 12.30am (midnight), so he enquired the security whether he can pay inside and the security agreed. He handed over this track pants to his wife and took care of two infant kids and went down to see some LCDs. His wife shopped some groceries and when she paid all items and she gave the track pant to scan as usual, but the counter staff said there is no price tag and said she needs to go down to yonex sale outside and pay.

She handed over the trolley to my friend while exiting and when he stepped out, one of the security staff noticed the pant was lying in front of the trolley which is not visible with all purchased items and asked why he didn't pay. Only then he realized that the pant was inside the trolley.

My Friend said its too late, I don't want to pay, can you keep this, but the security made a big issue and called the supervisor without enquiring and they took him to the cctv room and they showed the footage which clearly shows the wife wanted to make payment, but it was given back as it didn't have any price tag. His wife took and wanted to pay outside the yonex sale, it is clear enough to show that he was unaware of the the transaction. Whatever he said is not taken by the two security guys and they harrassed my friend and said its theft.

Infact my Friend had returned SGD 3500 once when he purchased jewellery in mustafa and the counter staff made wrong bill. My friend was called by Mustafa staff thru UOB by checking his credit card number. Mustafa said that the transaction was void because of staff's mistake and he was requested to come and pay to mustafa. Within minutes he came and paid the full amount. This is shows when he can come back and pay after 2 days the full amount why he should take the mere $16 worth of pant? when he explained this, the security says they don't consider this.

They made him sit for 3 hours and police came and took him to custody. They sent him only after 8am in the morning. This is utter harrassment and mental torture for a Singapore PR who loves singapore and the people here. Being a Masters degree in computer science and working as IT Consultant in top MNC and his self-esteem is shattered in minutes due to this blokes who don't have basic etiquette and manners of how to consider such issues. They call themselves Security officers. Its a shame to the organization like mustafa.

Failure of Mustafa:

1. Why they are selling any goods outside the mustafa complex when they talk about security issues.
2. When they say 24 hours, there was no Counter Staff in the outside yonex sale.
3. There was no price tag in the track pant.
4. Security allowed him to take the pant inside, when it should not be.
5. Security saw the footage and they know its not a theft, just because my friend was trying to explain why he should do this and the so called security who is acting like Police treated my friend like a Criminal.

Friends. Please don't take this lightly, it would have happened to some of your close ones and probably it will happen in future. Please take this seriously and spread across all over.

Are you Indian?

Vodkashot

Postby Vodkashot » Sat, 18 Oct 2008 3:08 pm

fahim27 wrote:dear ksl
Yes, Security Accused him of not paying and bringing out. The mistake he made was he said its too late, I dont want to pay, can we return this. Its because of mustafa's carelessness that they didnt stick tags in most of the items, the whole situation happened, if the pant had proper pricing tags then its no problem. They accused him of theft, Again your point says if he walked with all bags along with pant, then they have full right to nab and accuse. he just stepped out, did not pick up any bags, then all of a sudden this happened. When questioned by the supervisor he said If he would have taken all bags before he departs and noticed that the pant is not paid, he would have returned to security by giving a proper statement, to that explanation the supervisor says you will be the first person to say this, nobody would return a stolen item.

Cashier was not present outside when he wanted to pay, thats the reason he has to bring it inside to pay.

My point here to post is take opinion and understand how security works, is it a crime if somebody forgets and steps out of a shop, due to the mistake of the shop not having a proper tag. He would have definetely return the pant when he picks up all the paid bags

Taking legal action is considered here, but I need to wait till he is cleared by police.

Were the security officers also Indians?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 18 Oct 2008 11:42 pm

Does it or should it matter? :evil:

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Mon, 20 Oct 2008 10:19 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Does it or should it matter? :evil:

You know it does, mate. Indians are generally not well treated by the others here and worst of all by their own. Bizarre as it may seem.

these bunch of idiots who reply, know nothing but in fact criticize you which make u feel demoralized.They are not professional in the way they reply

Phew, lucky to have you here then to show us all the way.

'nuff said Image

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 20 Oct 2008 1:50 pm

Had I known you were lurking around I'd have gotten out my tongue-in-cheek image! Hi guy!

tinpot_dummy

Postby tinpot_dummy » Mon, 20 Oct 2008 2:42 pm

Vaucluse wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Does it or should it matter? :evil:

You know it does, mate. Indians are generally not well treated by the others here and worst of all by their own. Bizarre as it may seem.

these bunch of idiots who reply, know nothing but in fact criticize you which make u feel demoralized.They are not professional in the way they reply

Phew, lucky to have you here then to show us all the way.

Here in this forum or in SG?
Personally I have never seen Indians (or any other race) mistreated, at least overtly, in SG.

hk203
Regular
Regular

Re: HAHAHAHAHA!

Postby hk203 » Mon, 20 Oct 2008 4:55 pm

\
Last edited by hk203 on Thu, 11 Dec 2014 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shankar
Regular
Regular

Postby Shankar » Mon, 20 Oct 2008 8:12 pm

tinpot_dummy wrote:
Here in this forum or in SG?
Personally I have never seen Indians (or any other race) mistreated, at least overtly, in SG.

Just yesterday, I witnessed a scene near Mustafa, where an Indian man happily stopped his car in the middle of the road waiting to turn into the parking lot which was packed and just never bothered about so many cars behind him honking. I was standing nearby and went to the guy and told him to make one round and clear the road, as it was irritating to hear all the cars honking at the same time. This guy was just unmindful of it & never even opened his window and just kept pointing that he is waiting to turn in... and then another Indian lady some 3 cars away got out of hers to join me.. and shouted at him.. "Hey you are blocking the whole road".... the guy never budged inspite of her repeated bangs on his window... and then comes the fine line " you bloody Indian from India"..
and she just got back to her car n drove away since the queue moved.

The guys attitute in car and posture showed clearly that he is not from India and me being one from India, know that back in India we never show such attitudes of being unmindful esp in public. and off-course street justice can be nastier.

guess Indians from India are now the scapegoats for even sg-indians to rebuke one another.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Mon, 20 Oct 2008 10:51 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Had I known you were lurking around I'd have gotten out my tongue-in-cheek image! Hi guy!

Hello SMS, still busily pounding the keyboard I see . . . missing the t-i-cheek pic! :)

shankar wrote;
me being one from India, know that back in India we never show such attitudes of being unmindful esp in public.

Is this tongue-in-cheek, speaking of the above . . . ? No arrogance in India? :D Surely you are kidding . . .

Your story sounds weird, though, why would a woman say that, it even sounds wrong.

Fact or fiction . . . you decide, viewers

'nuff said Image