Singapore Expats Forum

Mustafa's Shopping Security Harrassment

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

cbavasi
Reporter
Reporter

Postby cbavasi » Thu, 17 Jul 2008 4:22 pm

sierra2469alpha wrote:1. Don't go shopping at Mustafa's.
2. Especially don't go when angry security guards are operative.
3. Angry security guards operate only after 0200 hrs and when in range of small children.
4. Don't get a higher degree.
5. Don't buy Yonnex track pants.
6. Just, generally, umm, I think "don't".

:lol:

durain
Director
Director

Postby durain » Thu, 17 Jul 2008 7:01 pm

QRM wrote:What so vulgar about a picture showing the Char Kway Teow technique? :o

my char kway teow taste so much better after learning the wrist action technique. :P

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Postby sierra2469alpha » Thu, 17 Jul 2008 7:48 pm

I challenge, hmmm, Durain, to a quick sprint around Mustafas, at 0200, wearing Yonnex trackies.

Extra points for finding kids walking around at 0200 in a shopping mall.
    Double extra points for identifying said parents of kids.
    Triple points for explaing the way out of a normal situation with a security guard.
    Quadruple points if one displays the oh-so delicately mentioned CKT graphic.
    Quintiple points, if one performs the CKT manouevour in front of a security guard, wearing Yonnex trackies, after 0200, on a Sunday, with a full moon, wearing gold jewlelry [Speical - if you purchased, but then returned the gold jewellary to Mustafa's, but didn't pay for it originally - earn EXTRA points]

Alas, the gaunlent of Fun has been laid down...

Accept the challenge :)

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Thu, 17 Jul 2008 8:04 pm

sierra2469alpha wrote:I challenge, hmmm, Durain, to a quick sprint around Mustafas, at 0200, wearing Yonnex trackies.

Triple points for explaing the way out of a normal situation with a security guard.
    Quintiple points, if one performs the CKT manouevour in front of a security guard, wearing Yonnex trackies, after 0200, on a Sunday, with a full moon, wearing gold jewlelry [Speical - if you purchased, but then returned the gold jewellary to Mustafa's, but didn't pay for it originally - earn EXTRA points]

Sextiple points (Sex Tipple actually sounds like a good name for a drink, perhaps our sequel to the Singapore Sling) if one thereafter posts various vulgarities here telling us how crushed the loser was, notwithstanding his multiple post-graduate degrees, and how unfair it is that he lost because he speaks better English and should therefore come out on top.

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Postby sierra2469alpha » Thu, 17 Jul 2008 8:09 pm

Wind In My Hair wrote:Sextiple points

Fantastic idea, but can I have the recipe for the drink too?!!!!

bless, P :)

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Thu, 17 Jul 2008 8:10 pm

If I'm out at 2 in the morning I'll only ever be doing one of two things (and sometimes both), drinking or falling over :cool:

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Postby sierra2469alpha » Thu, 17 Jul 2008 8:20 pm

Saint wrote:If I'm out at 2 in the morning I'll only ever be doing one of two things (and sometimes both), drinking or falling over :cool:

I'll try and not run you over in my lack of too many higher degrees wheelchair! No promises though!

Plavt
Director
Director

Postby Plavt » Thu, 17 Jul 2008 8:29 pm

Saint wrote:If I'm out at 2 in the morning I'll only ever be doing one of two things (and sometimes both), drinking or falling over :cool:

:o .......but your usually doing that before 10 pm. :P :lol:

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Thu, 17 Jul 2008 8:41 pm

sierra2469alpha wrote:Fantastic idea, but can I have the recipe for the drink too?!!!!

Shaken, not stirred. Make sure you do it the way Vaucluse showed you.

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Postby sierra2469alpha » Thu, 17 Jul 2008 8:43 pm

Too funny!

Cheers all, P

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Thu, 17 Jul 2008 8:53 pm

Plavt wrote:

:o .......but your usually doing that before 10 pm. :P :lol:

Drinking yes, falling over, not until later if at all!

durain
Director
Director

Postby durain » Thu, 17 Jul 2008 9:37 pm

sierra2469alpha wrote:I challenge, hmmm, Durain, to a quick sprint around Mustafas, at 0200, wearing Yonnex trackies.

Alas, the gaunlent of Fun has been laid down...

Accept the challenge :)

with or without the price tag hanging out for the eagle eye security guard to spot? :P

Shankar
Regular
Regular

Postby Shankar » Fri, 18 Jul 2008 7:40 pm

The problem is that the Mustafa is operating for over 20 years and they have a thick log of all kinds of innocent excuses people give, when they are cornered.

I find them very friendly, in the sense that they also try and prevent their customers from being doubted unduely. The only store that has lodging corners and a system, to secure purchased items even for a couple of days and travellers continue their shopping. Most customers of theirs don't even stay in a hotel and just shop all nite and leave for airport next morning.

and the only superstore with free car park that too in the heart of the city.

and yes they do have their "make hay will sunshine techniques" and compare their price to that of 7-11 , and not to any other stores that sells cheaper than them. Just can't blame it all on them.

and there is no reason why the good friend could not have tried a cheeky stunt to see whether there is a security lapse? Most humans get these ideas, moment they get a valid excuse.

But I do know of cases where they have shown their heart, by not pursuing too much on a case.
recently attained my Nirvaana and became a Budha.

chitlins

Re: Mustafa's Shopping Security Harrassment

Postby chitlins » Sun, 20 Jul 2008 1:01 am

fahim27 wrote:Dear Friends
This is a true story. I would like to highlight that Shopping in Mustafa which everybody thinks is enjoyable and affordable is not true.

What you are doing is called manipulation of public opinion against a legitimate and established organization. Some people call it "P.R.," or Public Relations.

But since you are broadcasting in the English Language media, I would advise you to work on your English first. Gives people a terrible opinion if you cannot speak/write the language well. :D

smokeofsampoi

uhuh

Postby smokeofsampoi » Wed, 15 Oct 2008 12:23 pm

yeah my bf got the same treatment.

one thing abt mustafa, their security is rude, uncompromising n just simply doesnt want to listen.. bla bla bla.

but its still a great place to shop..especially when we gotta crave our late-night shopping needs. :)

only now we're extra careful everytime we go there.
Last edited by smokeofsampoi on Fri, 17 Oct 2008 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.