Singapore Expats Forum

Looking for Caucasian Friends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
krptykcookies
Regular
Regular

Postby krptykcookies » Fri, 18 Jul 2008 5:17 pm

RULDS wrote:
Joyful wrote:
chaosphere wrote:Must be another one of those who wants caucasian friends for the sake of having and be seen with them.

Just like how I'm being discriminated in a bar where the barmaid was rude to me, but nice to my english friend!

That is interesting because being white and from the US, I feel like I am discriminated againest sometimes especially when I am at hawker centers! They always tried to find ways to charge me more (it worked the first time :) ) I feel like am a superstar sometimes because people just stare at me like when I am in the MRT. Oh well...I'm in their country. It doesn't bother me but does suprise me. Now I will just stare at them and make them feel awkward :shock:

When I am eating in an Indian hawker stall with someone of a different skin colour (say an Indian) I get charged twice more than my guest or companion and get stared at too and I am no white. I believed the mentality over here is that a non-Indian probably has more cash to spend and I wonder what the stares are all about when I am having an Indian companion (especially) for breakfast/lunch/dinner :?. Oh BTW this happens a lot when I am in KL! :lol:
Cool as cool can be

Zeenit
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Looking for Caucasian Friends

Postby Zeenit » Fri, 18 Jul 2008 6:39 pm

TheLady wrote: Hi EveryOne ..
I'm a newbie here.. And find out that i can widen my circle of friends..
Well Let mie introduce myself first ..
I am a Singaporean
Young Adult
Currently Studying
So the rest is for you to find out !! ^^

But ..I wou'd prefer caucasian friends **
Hope to get ur mail soon ..^^

bao.bei@live.com.sg

So what are u waiting for ..

cya[/i]

Maybe this "Lady" should learn to speak and write English properly before looking for " Caucasians"

It's sad that in the 21st Century a person judges' others by the colour of their skin and not the person.
Last edited by Zeenit on Fri, 15 Aug 2008 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zeenit

tingal79
Regular
Regular

Postby tingal79 » Sat, 19 Jul 2008 1:55 pm

I cannot believe it.

You people are soooooooooooo sour. And you let it show. HAHAHA.

Get a life, you non-white males.

astr
Regular
Regular

Postby astr » Sun, 20 Jul 2008 12:42 am

it's so funny how an eagerly blatant but obviously innocent request turned into a dscussion board that brings out peoples true feelings on r*cism. :evil:

but looking from a nosey or evnious POV......does it occur to anyone how many predator would have taken advantage of a situation like this or how many people genuinely sent in their addresses? :P

notwavingdrowning
Regular
Regular

Postby notwavingdrowning » Sun, 20 Jul 2008 6:52 pm

astr wrote:it's so funny how an eagerly blatant but obviously innocent request turned into a dscussion board that brings out peoples true feelings on r*cism. :evil:

but looking from a nosey or evnious POV......does it occur to anyone how many predator would have taken advantage of a situation like this or how many people genuinely sent in their addresses? :P

Could not agree more Astr...It can nasty here...However I do see both sides...Perhaps we caucasions are lucky to be occasionally in demand-It sure beats the opposite...

I do think that the natives here can be a little naive which is worrying regarding predators.. I have an asian friend who was raised in a western country who is often targeted by a certain type of western man..they quickly lose interest when she starts talking and they hear her accent..

However speaking of unaware- do you know what chocolate starfish actually means :wink:
notwavingdrowning...is back from the Ashram and looking for a new career.

QRM
Manager
Manager

Postby QRM » Sun, 20 Jul 2008 7:11 pm

notwavingdrowning wrote:
However speaking of unaware- do you know what chocolate starfish actually means :wink:

You cant ask that on a public forum!! :oops: Its another word for the seventh Planet.:lol:
Last edited by QRM on Sun, 20 Jul 2008 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

notwavingdrowning
Regular
Regular

Postby notwavingdrowning » Sun, 20 Jul 2008 7:17 pm

:o :o

thanks for the laugh QRM :D

familyof5
Chatter
Chatter

Postby familyof5 » Sun, 20 Jul 2008 7:46 pm

[quote="Zeenit]
Maybe this "Lady" should learn to speak and write English properly before looking for " Caucasians"

Its sad in the 21st Century that person judge people by skin not the person.[/quote]

or even judge them on their ability to speak/write english..... :shock:

astr
Regular
Regular

Postby astr » Sun, 20 Jul 2008 8:26 pm

QRM wrote:
notwavingdrowning wrote:

You cant ask that on a public forum!! :oops: Its another word for the seventh Planet.:lol:

hehehehe...

yeah guys....i totally do. but never met too many who realised or knew what it meant. other than that you must admit it does 'sound' nice (ignoring the meaning ofcourse) & in my deffence i used to be crazy bout limp bizkit in junior college. :oops:

just yrstrd i was thinking bout changing it. maybe now would be the best time :P

QRM
Manager
Manager

Postby QRM » Sun, 20 Jul 2008 8:34 pm

astr wrote:
QRM wrote:
notwavingdrowning wrote:

hehehehe...

yeah guys....i totally do. but never met too many who realised or knew what it meant. other than that you must admit it does 'sound' nice (ignoring the meaning ofcourse) & in my deffence i used to be crazy bout limp bizkit in junior college. :oops:

just yrstrd i was thinking bout changing it. maybe now would be the best time :P

And I assume you know the real meaning of limp or soggy biscuit?

:P

astr
Regular
Regular

Postby astr » Sun, 20 Jul 2008 8:48 pm

:P

way a head of that & totally over them....sshhhhh now!!!! :P

notwavingdrowning
Regular
Regular

Postby notwavingdrowning » Sun, 20 Jul 2008 9:28 pm

Razz

:delete: beyond gross :lol:

tingal79
Regular
Regular

Postby tingal79 » Sun, 20 Jul 2008 9:30 pm

familyof5 wrote:
Zeenit wrote:Maybe this "Lady" should learn to speak and write English properly before looking for " Caucasians"

Its sad in the 21st Century that person judge people by skin not the person.

or even judge them on their ability to speak/write english..... :shock:

They are just a bunch of losers who see red when they feel that they are not wanted.

tingal79
Regular
Regular

Postby tingal79 » Sun, 20 Jul 2008 9:47 pm

TheLady wrote: Hi EveryOne ..
I'm a newbie here.. And find out that i can widen my circle of friends..
Well Let mie introduce myself first ..
I am a Singaporean
Young Adult
Currently Studying
So the rest is for you to find out !! ^^

But ..I wou'd prefer caucasian friends **
Hope to get ur mail soon ..^^

bao.bei@live.com.sg

So what are u waiting for ..

cya[/i]

By the way, all you caucasians, after you msg her, can you also msg me? I am also only interested in you. :D :D :D

zflor

Postby zflor » Sun, 20 Jul 2008 10:29 pm

QRM wrote:
notwavingdrowning wrote:

meaning? can pm me the ans pls if it's really nt suitable for posting on public forum...just curious :roll: