Singapore Expats Forum

Looking for Caucasian Friends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
TheLady

Looking for Caucasian Friends

Postby TheLady » Sat, 12 Jul 2008 4:45 pm

Hi EveryOne ..
I'm a newbie here.. And find out that i can widen my circle of friends..
Well Let mie introduce myself first ..
I am a Singaporean
Young Adult
Currently Studying
So the rest is for you to find out !! ^^

But ..I wou'd prefer caucasian friends **
Hope to get ur mail soon ..^^

bao.bei@live.com.sg

So what are u waiting for ..

cya[/i]
I jus wanna find more caucasian friends ..
So what are you waiting for ..
Drop me a mail ^^

chaosphere
Regular
Regular

Postby chaosphere » Mon, 14 Jul 2008 3:58 am

Must be another one of those who wants caucasian friends for the sake of having and be seen with them.

Joyful
Regular
Regular

Postby Joyful » Mon, 14 Jul 2008 10:26 am

chaosphere wrote:Must be another one of those who wants caucasian friends for the sake of having and be seen with them.

It's sad isn't it?

Coming from a multi-cultural upbringing, a singaporean chooses to look at skin color! Does that means the system failed???

Just like how I'm being discriminated in a bar where the barmaid was rude to me, but nice to my english friend!

Oh well...enough of my grumbling...life isn't fair anyways...lol

Good luck on finding your white friends!
Guilty by Association....NICE!

masauds
Chatter
Chatter

hi

Postby masauds » Tue, 15 Jul 2008 1:09 pm

Well said

anakinhay

Postby anakinhay » Tue, 15 Jul 2008 8:25 pm

Well said man...

U need to do some soul searching "TheLady"

frenzal
Regular
Regular

Postby frenzal » Wed, 16 Jul 2008 11:00 am

what are the benefits of being seen hanging around white people?

QRM
Manager
Manager

Postby QRM » Wed, 16 Jul 2008 11:30 am

frenzal wrote:what are the benefits of being seen hanging around white people?

You know what they say about shoe sizes :lol:

Levikane
Regular
Regular

Postby Levikane » Wed, 16 Jul 2008 11:42 am

QRM wrote:You know what they say about shoe sizes :lol:

They are directly proportional to feet sizes? :D

TheLady - Go take your pinkerton pills!

AmadeusCho

Postby AmadeusCho » Wed, 16 Jul 2008 1:46 pm

You know strictly speaking, there isnt anything wrong with an asian looking for Caucasian friends. You could argue they simply want to experience different languages, cultures and make new friends.

I mean, sometimes expats of certain countries and race also ask to meet like minded people too, to the exclusion of other people.

A SPG is a SPG I guess.

But sometimes this goes the other way around. There have been cases where Caucasian guys arrange outings, and then vet the interested parties so that only asian females are given the final location details. One case comes to mind, a research assistant (?) at NUS a couple of years ago. When NUS found out, he got sacked I think due to the publicity.

QRM
Manager
Manager

Postby QRM » Wed, 16 Jul 2008 2:02 pm

AmadeusCho wrote:There have been cases where Caucasian guys arrange outings, and then vet the interested parties so that only asian females are given the final location details. One case comes to mind, a research assistant (?) at NUS a couple of years ago. When NUS found out, he got sacked I think due to the publicity.

Sacked? :shock: he should have been given a medal for lateral thinking and be used as a good example for how to think out of the box. :lol:

Joyful
Regular
Regular

Postby Joyful » Wed, 16 Jul 2008 2:37 pm

AmadeusCho wrote:You know strictly speaking, there isnt anything wrong with an asian looking for Caucasian friends. You could argue they simply want to experience different languages, cultures and make new friends.

I mean, sometimes expats of certain countries and race also ask to meet like minded people too, to the exclusion of other people.

A SPG is a SPG I guess.

But sometimes this goes the other way around. There have been cases where Caucasian guys arrange outings, and then vet the interested parties so that only asian females are given the final location details. One case comes to mind, a research assistant (?) at NUS a couple of years ago. When NUS found out, he got sacked I think due to the publicity.

I agree on the cultural standpoint. Which I think is great! We are at a highly globalised state now and it's always nice to learn more about others.

Just a personal thought that as much as caucasians...if there is a genuine interest, other races/ color can be very enriching too. Like in the States, African American has their own rich culture that we can learn about...the hair braiding alone...is something that I've always wanted to figure out...lol...speaking of which, I better ask my gfs about it!

Nothing offensive...just a thought :)
Guilty by Association....NICE!

Morpheus

Postby Morpheus » Wed, 16 Jul 2008 4:52 pm

It is ironic that this is right on top of the unhappy expat group, maybe "lady" can get together with the forlorn guys in the UEG and make each happy and friends :P !

Btw, I sense much insecurity here by the Singapore men and women in slamming the poor "lady"

Mr Q
Regular
Regular

Postby Mr Q » Wed, 16 Jul 2008 5:26 pm

Morpheus wrote:"lady" can get together with the forlorn guys in the UEG

I wonder what has this "lady" got to offer?

Would a real lady need to capitalise the "T" and the "L" ? ? ?
Trying too hard me thinks . . .

http://asianladyboy.blogspot.com/2007/0 ... apore.html
:shock:

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Postby sierra2469alpha » Wed, 16 Jul 2008 6:04 pm

Yes I get the cultural differences idea - it's hard being a caucasian to actually meet and develop friendships with "locals" quickly, so I guess if the OP is genuine then it's probably not a bad idea!

I guess the sick puppy inside of me could liken it to speed dating or filling out a checklist - but then, the sick puppy inside of me wanders in and wanders out - it's nothing constant!

Now, back to my checklist....

:) P

RULDS
Regular
Regular

Postby RULDS » Fri, 18 Jul 2008 4:20 pm

Joyful wrote:
chaosphere wrote:Must be another one of those who wants caucasian friends for the sake of having and be seen with them.

Just like how I'm being discriminated in a bar where the barmaid was rude to me, but nice to my english friend!

That is interesting because being white and from the US, I feel like I am discriminated againest sometimes especially when I am at hawker centers! They always tried to find ways to charge me more (it worked the first time :) ) I feel like am a superstar sometimes because people just stare at me like when I am in the MRT. Oh well...I'm in their country. It doesn't bother me but does suprise me. Now I will just stare at them and make them feel awkward :shock: