Singapore Expats

feedback on Singapore American School

Discuss about childcare, parenthood, playschools, educational, family & international school issues.

Sponsored by:

Canadian International School
daytripper65
Regular
Regular

Post by daytripper65 » Fri, 12 Sep 2008 11:34 am

Forks, I was talking about CNIS. I posted a week or so ago about a somewhat deflating first couple of days. There's been a lot of buzz about the school lately. Some things are looking up, but there are still things we're not happy with. I'm going to wait a bit longer and post an update.
-DT
Let your soul and spirit fly
...into the mystic--VM

Forks
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Forks » Tue, 16 Sep 2008 12:22 pm

daytripper65 wrote:Forks, I was talking about CNIS. I posted a week or so ago about a somewhat deflating first couple of days. There's been a lot of buzz about the school lately. Some things are looking up, but there are still things we're not happy with. I'm going to wait a bit longer and post an update.
-DT
Given the buzz surrounding the school it will be interesting to hear your update. :D
Poking, poking everywhere...

fjw

A good local/int'l secondary school for 11 years old

Post by fjw » Mon, 13 Oct 2008 1:44 am

Hello parents,

I'm going to move from the Netherlands with my 11 yo girl next summer 2009. Would someone please advise me which good local and / International Schools are best for her ? My girl also does figure skating since she was 6, therefore if there's a school close by the ice rink would be a better choice. Thanks a ton!
fjw

AussieSkater

Re: A good local/int'l secondary school for 11 years old

Post by AussieSkater » Tue, 21 Oct 2008 6:09 pm

fjw wrote:My girl also does figure skating since she was 6, therefore if there's a school close by the ice rink would be a better choice. Thanks a ton!
Henry Park as a local school does ice skating as part of its extra activities.

There is a rink at Kallang, but very small and not the best. There is a new olympic size rink being built at Jurong as part of the revamping of the Jurong shopping centre / entertainment centre and will be opening the end of 2009.

Hope this helps.

road.not.taken
Editor
Editor

Post by road.not.taken » Tue, 21 Oct 2008 6:54 pm

Probably not so helpful, but there are kids who skate (figure and hockey) from the American school. The moral of the story is that Singapore is small and you'd be surprised at what schools offer what extra-curriculars. Who knows? once you get grounded you may start a league -- that's how these things are usually done.

itsdanniuk

Hey!

Post by itsdanniuk » Mon, 27 Oct 2008 8:00 pm

I have not heard a single complain about this school ever. So you don't have to worry about it. Also, the campus is brilliant! (: