Singapore Expats

room sizes (particularly bedroom) in Singapore

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
Ebony Chic

room sizes (particularly bedroom) in Singapore

Post by Ebony Chic » Thu, 10 Jul 2008 4:17 pm

Hi all

wanted to ask a question about bedroom sizes in apartments in Singapore. When we lived in Australia we purchased a bedroom set where the mattress size is about 2m x 2m. Together with the nightstands, the width of this is nearly 3m.

I was wondering whether we would be able to find a bedroom in Singapore where this would fit comfortably (like at least 20cm space on both sides)?

The headboard on the bed is about a meter in height so the width of the room would have to be on a wall without a window.

Although I am sure that there are probably flats where rooms are wide enough, I would like to know what the more typical room sizes would be like. Just to get an idea on whether we would have to go through several flats to find one where we can use this bed.

durain
Director
Director

Post by durain » Thu, 10 Jul 2008 5:10 pm

rooms come in all sizes, all depends on the apartment you are in. 2m x 2m easily fit in my bedroom with room to spare at the side for a double too. :)

serengeti

Post by serengeti » Fri, 11 Jul 2008 1:56 pm

The newer condos have really tiny master bedrooms. But it all depends on location and your budget of course. Might need to view a few condos to find one with a decent size bedroom.

niipea

ROOM SIZE

Post by niipea » Fri, 11 Jul 2008 7:33 pm

The minimum acceptable width of the master bedroom is 3.2m while for the common bedroom the minimum is at 2.8m. These dimensions are generally acceptable by the condominium developers. Beside worried about the room size, I would suggest that you also ask about the lift size as well.

Cheers!!

Ebony Chic

Post by Ebony Chic » Sun, 20 Jul 2008 6:22 am

Thanks to all for your answers. The point about the elevator size is a very good one, niipea.

ciao,