Singapore Expats Forum

Singaporeans need Visa to travel to China?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 10 Jul 2008 11:07 pm

Unfortunately, I think all passports are processed in Singapore. This is the same process that the US uses as well. You can apply through the embassy but the passport is done in the US and shipped back via dip pouch. I figure they do it the same way.

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Thu, 10 Jul 2008 11:19 pm

You're probably right. In that case it may be easier. Citizens can apply for or renew a passport online now and collect it the next day. So it would entail shipping one-way only, and speaking to the right people may get it Fedexed or at least rushed through that day's dip bag so hopefully it takes only a week or less. Her old passport can be surrendered or invalidated at the embassy when she picks up her new one.

All I'm saying is talk to the person in charge, find out how it's done and suggest as many possibilities as you can think of till one clicks in his head. If they see you really trying, they usually try harder too.

Stoven

Postby Stoven » Fri, 11 Jul 2008 11:11 am

Thanks for all the feedback but I have already given up. There just isn't enough time and too much uncertainty. I contacted one visa service company that told me they tried to get a visa for a Singaporean customer and it was rejected. All my coworkers who applied for visas also got rejected. Since I'm the only one with a valid visa, I have to travel to Shanghai alone for work.

Steve