Singapore Expats

Expat commuting to work from Johor Bahru

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
mofobro

Re: HH or East Ledang

Post by mofobro » Mon, 23 Aug 2010 9:28 pm

Sorry... just saw your question... If you leave HH at about 630AM you should easily be in Raffles Place office with your starbucks by 745.

We bought a bungalow, I think its phase 2b just on the cliff overlooking the golf course. There are a few left.. just drive into HH.. go to the clubhouse, walk past the restauant, and you'll see the sales office.

If you'd like a contact, I can get you one.. just PM me.

They have been very easy to do business with... my gripe is with UOB JB branch.. they could freak up a wet dream.. pardon my french.. freakin pain in the ass to deal with. I would suggest MayBank or one of other local banks. Again, PM me and I can help you out.

I will be commuting every day also.. we could car pool! Anyway, I am impressed with security at HH, with build quality (not bad for Malaysian standards) quality of amenities, maintenance... I prefer it to East Ledang which seems kinda run down to me.
ptcm wrote:Hello mofobro,

We went to see East Ledang and Setia Eco Garden last week. We wanted to see HH, but couldn't find their contact person in Singapore. Do they have an office in Singapore ?

I personally thought East Ledang's location is very good, but building quality is just mediocre.

can i ask which phase of HH you bought and what are the pros and cons between them ?

We are seriously thinking of commuting to work in Singapore. My wife has to be in the office by 7:45 am at Raffles place. What time do we have to leave HH. How's the traffice like in the morning ?

thanks a lot.

Bech

Want to live in Johor but continue to work in Singapore

Post by Bech » Thu, 02 Sep 2010 9:03 pm

TragicallyHip said
"Immigration
How do you retain your EP? PR? etc. There are lots of options to this and a bit too long to add to an already long post. But it's not a problem. You can send me a message separately and I'd be happy to talk you through it.
"

According to what you posted on Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:56 pm listed above, I want to take you up on your offer to expand on how to retain my ep and live in Johor.
I am currently have my EP and am living in Singapore, but have been toying with the idea of moving to Johor to save on living expenses.
I would have sent you a PM but the system will not let me yet.

goku1611

Question for Tragicallyhip

Post by goku1611 » Mon, 13 Sep 2010 11:36 am

Thank you very much Tragicallyhip in sharing the valuable information about living in Johor.

I'm also planning the same thing since my company is relocating its operation in Tuas.

Can you kindly pm me and share with me your experience in constructing your own house? How much will it cost per square feet or square meter including the land?

If you have contacts who are selling their land at Ledang Heights, please let me know as well.

Thanks in advance and more power to you and to your family.

creammocha

Recently moved to Johor Nusajaya

Post by creammocha » Sun, 07 Nov 2010 11:41 am

Hi all,

We've just recently moved from Singapore to East Ledang, Nusajaya. If you're interested in learning about our move experience and if you have any questions on East Ledang, feel free to visit http://expatjohor.blogspot.com/

Rgds
Creammocha

TravelingCircusof5

Post by TravelingCircusof5 » Wed, 10 Nov 2010 7:02 pm

I didn't know that JB had so much crime. I always read about people going over there to go shopping, but now it does not sound so lovely. Does the crime spill over into woodlands or is it strictly 'over the border?'

markz

Post by markz » Sun, 14 Nov 2010 1:30 pm

Hi Guys,

we moved over to HH in June, no problems at all. If you need any help, info, assistance, just give a shout.
Pretty much plugged into agents, vendors, etc etc, even managed to bring our mutts over with no hassle.
Always up for a cold one,
Cheers

Mark

markz

banks, mortgages and all that stuff.

Post by markz » Sun, 14 Nov 2010 1:41 pm

Hey Guys,
Mark again, we had no hassles setting up accounts etc at CIMB, if you need I can introduce you to them. Very nice people, also have met very good people for handling mortgages, paperwork, legal stuff etc.
I think it is time we start the Iskandar Hash House Harriers, whos up for it?
Cheers,

Mark

C&C

Staying in East Ledang

Post by C&C » Tue, 23 Nov 2010 11:00 pm

Hi, I am working in Singapore but am considering staying in East Ledang, just a couple of questions
1. How is the safety at East Ledang?
2. I am also concerned about commuting to work in Singapore. How is the traffic like during morning 6-7 plus and evening 6-7 plus at the Tuas checkpoint?
3.I understand that there is a bus from Gelang Patah to Jurong East, how is the safety at Gelang Patah station?
4.Where is the nearest wet market at East Ledang which is safe?

Thanks a lot

richard III

Post by richard III » Sun, 19 Dec 2010 9:27 am

Hi all:
I am on short final to move to leisure farm, however it's still the logistics that scare me, meaning the commuting of the kids to school in Singapore. We are waiting for marlborough, but in the meantime we have to make do. Our older kids will be no problem since they would be carpooling with schoolmates, but the little one (grade 2) would have to commute to the east coast everyday to a different school, for a while. Is there a reasonable alternative as of International Schools in iskandar for him?, maybe IB school until it's he can be placed together with the older ones.
Very little info on International Schooling on the malaysian side.
Any help greatly appreciated.

boffenl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by boffenl » Tue, 28 Dec 2010 10:06 pm

Austin Height/Heath in JB is an International School that has a decent reputation. We are also seriously considering the move too. I'll PM Mark to get details on realtors. Good luck everyone!

FinanceMan

Nusajaya Flats for Rent?

Post by FinanceMan » Wed, 29 Dec 2010 11:02 am

Greetings All,

Finding this thread was well timed! I'm currently living in a room in a shared house in Singapore, and received confirmation that my move to Asia in 2011 is a 'go'.

Can anyone recommend any short-term flats for rent in Nusajaya or elsewhere in the Iskandar project? I do not need to go into Singapore each day, probably only once a fortnight, and I do not have a car. The only requirement is reliable, fast internet access.

With all this talk, I figure that it's worth checking out. No family, so options are rather broad. Although a flat or condo would be easier (no maintenance), a house could work.

Cheers, perhaps I'll see some of you there soon!

ScoobyDoes
Manager
Manager

Post by ScoobyDoes » Wed, 29 Dec 2010 1:13 pm

Off Topic...... but you'll get reasoable deals in some of the hotels for a 'Long-Stay' type package. I know of many people that have stayed in the M-Suites or what was the Sofitel near the airport for weeks and months on end.

Just might be an option in comparison to Singapore prices.

FinanceMan

Post by FinanceMan » Thu, 30 Dec 2010 11:28 am

Good idea about the hotel. If I'd known when I moved in I might have done that (although living on a golf course wouldn't have done much good for productivity!).

Does anyone know how to get in touch with Mark Z? A few messages up he said that he was plugged into some estate agents; wondering if any of them can assist in locating an apartment.

Cheers.

ev-disinfection
Chatter
Chatter

Post by ev-disinfection » Thu, 30 Dec 2010 8:26 pm

Sigh... looks like everyone is moving Northwards...
Maybe it is because they like the Mold problems there... :D

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Thu, 30 Dec 2010 10:49 pm

ev-disinfection wrote:Sigh... looks like everyone is moving Northwards...
Maybe it is because they like the Mold problems there... :D
Nice spamming will get you know where on this forum :lol: :P SMS is watching you! :P http://www.giantmicrobes.com/us/main/gi ... originals/