Singapore Expats Forum

Water Spouting Features

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

chixchix
Editor
Editor

Water Spouting Features

Postby chixchix » Sun, 06 Jul 2008 5:47 pm

Does anyone know where I can buy those water spouting features..not sure what you call it but ..the thing where the water flows down something .. :oops: wait a minute,,,i think you just call it water feature...i saw some in IMM..but nothing much ..

Please help!!
Always have a smile on that face!

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Postby sierra2469alpha » Sun, 06 Jul 2008 7:26 pm

Harvey Norman had one in their Millenia store - damn expensive though.

Not sure what your project is, but try design4u.com.sg - they were in Home Decor a while ago.

Also, try some of the places up at Dempsey - lots of "water features"

HTH, P

chixchix
Editor
Editor

Postby chixchix » Sun, 06 Jul 2008 8:23 pm

okiee thanks :wink: but i have never been to Dempsey road..is there a wide selection there..i just want to put something in my condo ...
Always have a smile on that face!

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Postby sierra2469alpha » Sun, 06 Jul 2008 8:37 pm

Depends on how big your balcony is chix!

A few places can custom make some gear for you - just wander on up - the main place I am thinking of for you is next to the Red China house (or similar) at Dempsey - but ask around - all the shopholders there are very friendly.
Last edited by sierra2469alpha on Sun, 06 Jul 2008 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yoongf
Chatter
Chatter

Postby yoongf » Sun, 06 Jul 2008 9:59 pm

So far, a one stop location with tons of water feature selection wld be Joan road, otherwise known as the Thomson road nurseries. Goodwood Florist, Nature Company, Island landscape all have wide selections, and offer quite good deals when they clear off old stock to make way for new designs.

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Sun, 06 Jul 2008 11:18 pm

yoongf wrote:So far, a one stop location with tons of water feature selection wld be Joan road, otherwise known as the Thomson road nurseries. Goodwood Florist, Nature Company, Island landscape all have wide selections, and offer quite good deals when they clear off old stock to make way for new designs.

Agree this is your best bet. Plus you can get a few plants while you're there to provide some foliage around your water feature to make it look even more beautiful!

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Postby sierra2469alpha » Sun, 06 Jul 2008 11:20 pm

Yes - Thomson Rd Nurseries are good too - I forgot about those...great selection of plants as well. Very professional people also.

sillingw
Chatter
Chatter

Postby sillingw » Mon, 07 Jul 2008 12:19 pm

The ones I saw in IMM on the ground floor just outside Giant foodstores were reallly nice - looked a little more upscale than the ones I saw at the nurseries. The Nursery ones seemed to be more for outside ornamentation whereas the ones at IMM were for inside.