Singapore Expats Forum

HELP! Will my EP be approved?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
h_joseph

HELP! Will my EP be approved?

Postby h_joseph » Fri, 04 Jul 2008 7:24 pm

Hi all,

I have just returned to the UK after visiting Singapore for interviews. Good news is that I got an offer of a job which I accepted. Now I have to get the EP. I am a fresh architecture graduate from a top UK university, recongnised by the MoM. The only problem is that I have little work experience in the field. I will however be earning over $2500 a month. The company I am going to be working for is one of the top architectural firms in Singapore, and they are going to be doing the application for me. All I need to do is produce the correct documentation. I have an honours degree, good A-levels etc.. I also did the test on the MoM website which said I was likely to be accepted. I cant help but have a lingering doubt in my mind though.

I know I am probably worrying unduly, but my girlfriend is a Singaporean who has just moved back and I am really counting on my application being accepted.

Help put my mind at rest :(

PS. Im a British citizen if that helps?

durain
Director
Director

Postby durain » Fri, 04 Jul 2008 7:53 pm

just chill, you will be alwright. :)

h_joseph

Postby h_joseph » Fri, 04 Jul 2008 9:18 pm

I guess the only issue is that I have no work experience. Anyone else been in this situation?

durain
Director
Director

Postby durain » Fri, 04 Jul 2008 9:44 pm

if you got no experience, then why would the company offer you a job?

h_joseph

Postby h_joseph » Fri, 04 Jul 2008 10:05 pm

The position I have applied for is architectural assistant, not architect. As a part of the 7 yr architecture course, you do a year out in industry which is basically what I am applying for. Therefore the company dont expect you to have experience. Its just the MoM might not see it like that.

h_joseph

Postby h_joseph » Fri, 04 Jul 2008 10:07 pm

And I meant to say I had no experience in the field. I have about 3 years work experience in other fields.