Singapore Expats Forum

Which Credit Card has rebate on big item purchases?H

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

SittingBull

Which Credit Card has rebate on big item purchases?H

Postby SittingBull » Wed, 02 Jul 2008 11:44 am

Hi, anybody knows of credit card having promotion, giving big rebates of up to 10 percent for purchases of items like jewellery in Takashimaya etc? I understand that DBS do have it once a year, for a very short while.

On that note, which are the more popular ones among you guys? My expenses are primarily petrol and dining.

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Postby sierra2469alpha » Wed, 02 Jul 2008 11:50 am

Hi there

Tangs has a store card which gives you (I think) 7% "sort-of" rebate. I say sort of because the amount is held for your next purchase. For example, purchase #1 is $100 - get 6% (or whatever it is) so that $6. Next purchase is $100, less 6$, total cost $94. Take 6% off 94 etc.

In terms of dining - we're swapping to Amex - Tattler etc. has a restaurant guide that shows heaps of restaurants offering 15-30% off, 1-for-1 offers etc.

We use HSBC Premier Mastercard but HSBC are a pain and their deals, while they have them, don't seem to be as good as Amex.

Hope this helps.

PS. do a search (up on the top right) for credit cards - there have been HEAPS of postings which may well help you! Cheers! P & C