WNDC - 2008-July-02 at Public House, Bras Basah Road

Weekly meetup of WNDC - Wednesday Night Drinking Club
ChicagoMike
Regular
Regular

WNDC - 2008-July-02 at Public House, Bras Basah Road

Postby ChicagoMike » Tue, 01 Jul 2008 3:57 pm

Hi Everyone,

decided to try a new place this week. This one is a cozy little pub between Dhoby Ghaut and City Hall, near SMU. The full address is:

Public House
9 Bras Basah Road #01-05
Hotel Rendezvous
Singapore 189559
tel: 6333 5313

I stopped in there last recently and the inside is a bit small, but there are also outdoor tables (and smoking section), a pool table in side, and (what I would call british / belgium) football decorations, and a nice selection of beers and drinks.

they also serve food (which looked good).

Also, they have Happy Hour every day, ending at 9pm... BUUUUT, you can pre-order your drinks during Happy Hour! :-) 20% off.

hope to see y'all there, starting at the usual time 8pm

mike

ChicagoMike
Regular
Regular

getting there

Postby ChicagoMike » Tue, 01 Jul 2008 4:06 pm

forgot to add some info on getting there...

it's about a 5-10 min walk from Dhoby Ghaut, walking in the same direction as traffic flows along Orchard Road, then follow the road to the right as it turns towards City Hall. The bar will be on your left.

or, for the truely lazy, there is a bus stop almost directly in front of the bar. Take the number 7 or 175 bus from Dhoby Ghaut, or anywhere along Orchard. It will be the first bus stop after Dhoby Ghaut.

you could also walk City Hall. I'll leave it to you to figure out the best path... shouldn't be more than 10 mins, since you can nearly see Chimes from this pub...