Singapore Expats Forum

well hello....

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
jon

well hello....

Postby jon » Sat, 18 Sep 2004 6:38 pm

hi

I have just moved to singapore on a 3 month posting with my company (very short notice hance lack of preparation!).

Would like to know some expat hangouts - locals in my office are really cool but they don't seem to share the english enthusiasm for weekends (aka good food and a few drinks :)).

Spent 3 weeks here back in may so know my bearings and am staying in Tan Chong towers which is about 5 mins walk from City Hall MRT.

Anyone know the sort of places where I will find like-minded indivuduals? If not no worries....

Jon, 23 year-old spurs fan from Bournemouth.

Sasha

Postby Sasha » Sun, 19 Sep 2004 5:48 pm

Boat Quay (Harry's and such), Mohamad Sultan Road, Any Irish/Brit pub
.. and obviously you will soon enough have a sweet young thing attached to your hip... you'll be arright then!!

Postby Guest » Sun, 19 Sep 2004 6:24 pm

Sasha wrote:Boat Quay (Harry's and such), Mohamad Sultan Road, Any Irish/Brit pub
.. and obviously you will soon enough have a sweet young thing attached to your hip... you'll be arright then!!

I have been warned about the legendary SPG's - just can't seem to find them :D

Was in Boat Quay and Mohammed Sultan last night - good fun. Tried China Blacks but the queue was too long so ended up at chijmes. It all goes a bit blurry after that....

Thanks for advice.

jon

Postby jon » Sun, 19 Sep 2004 6:26 pm

^ that was me by the way - forgot to login....

SillyOldGirl

Postby SillyOldGirl » Sun, 19 Sep 2004 11:26 pm

Hey Jon, you need not try to look too far ... Soon, you will find them approaching you :wink: Well, there are many nice places in Singapore besides clubbing n pubbing ... Hmm, in order to know the life of Singapore, get to know a nice local irregardless of race and sex and soon the stay here will be more fun and eye opening than all of you think :D hee hee heee
Just a smile always makes a difference ;)