Singapore Expats

my ex-maid didnt tell me my child fainted

Discuss about childcare, parenthood, playschools, educational, family & international school issues.

Sponsored by:

Canadian International School
bee72

my ex-maid didnt tell me my child fainted

Post by bee72 » Mon, 30 Jun 2008 4:43 pm

last friday i met a neighbour (hardly see them). anyway she was asking how was my daughter (3 yr old) since she fainted during the fall...i was like what do u mean 'fainted'. she then told me that when my daughter fell at the playground she fainted for few minutes then only started to cry!!! i was so shocked i told her i didnt know she fainted. all my maid told me was my daughter fell. i checked her and only found some external bruises later on. if i knew she fainted i would have brought her to see a dr. who knows she might suffer from any internal injuries...
i should have sent this maid home instead of letting her take her sweet time to transfer. my neighbour thought my maid would have told me and i would have brought her to see a dr. we are really lucky nothing happened to my daughter. i want to expose this maid's name here (nelia arellano). i think she is currently with a british expat who has a 2 yr old and a 5 yr old. she was transferred in early may.

durain
Director
Director

Post by durain » Tue, 01 Jul 2008 12:06 am

IMHO, i dont think you should name and shame the maid here. did you ask the maid why she didnt inform you?

bee72

Post by bee72 » Tue, 01 Jul 2008 9:56 am

if the maid or the agent would give a hoot about me (since i am no longer her employer/client) then i wouldn't have find an alternative to inform the current employer. sorry for misusing this blog but i just think it is the right thing to do under these circumstances. let's just hope nothing happens to the children she is taking care of now.