Singapore Expats Forum

SPR application SINGAPORE Permenant Resident Status

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
budhihalim

SPR application SINGAPORE Permenant Resident Status

Postby budhihalim » Fri, 27 Jun 2008 1:47 pm

dear ALL masters

i have a questions!
i am TAIWANESE, studied at SINGAPORE for 10 years, completed my tertiary course and come back to TAIWAN for NS!
my wife is a singaporean and my child which is 2 years old is too!
i have applied last time for PR, it is on PENDING till now, not rejected or approved!
we have get a HDB flat and my job allow me to go back singapore to set up branch office!
what should i do?
please advice!
Jeff Lin
Sales Assistant Manager

ownervz

Postby ownervz » Sat, 28 Jun 2008 4:32 pm

If your child is a Singapore citizen/PR status. It may speed up approval of your application.

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Sat, 28 Jun 2008 5:02 pm

To be honest there's not a lot you can do except wait. How long ago you apply?

If I was a betting man I would be quite happy to stick a tenner on you getting PR. I have recently got my PR with not to a dissimilar situation as you.

budhihalim

Post subject: SPR application SINGAPORE Permenant Resident S

Postby budhihalim » Mon, 30 Jun 2008 10:30 am

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:32 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If your child is a Singapore citizen/PR status. It may speed up approval of your application.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
YES! MASTER!
my child is a pure singaporean citizen, born at singapore! EVEN my wife! she is a singaporean citizen!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:02 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To be honest there's not a lot you can do except wait. How long ago you apply?

If I was a betting man I would be quite happy to stick a tenner on you getting PR. I have recently got my PR with not to a dissimilar situation as you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~i i apply on 2007 DEC and the last mail that they (ICA) mention is on 2007 FEB saying they will close the application first and when i will want to continue applying will be able to re-open it! i have get in contact with them, mail them, for the past 2 months, but no reply!
what should i do to continue this process?
reapply?
fly there to find out?
please advice!
thanks! :???: :???:
Jeff Lin

Sales Assistant Manager

budhihalim

Postby budhihalim » Mon, 30 Jun 2008 11:07 am

Saint wrote:To be honest there's not a lot you can do except wait. How long ago you apply?

u got ur PR! congratulation!
however, mine....well i guess i have to drop by singapore to find out more what has gone wrong!
Jeff Lin

Sales Assistant Manager

budhihalim

Postby budhihalim » Mon, 30 Jun 2008 11:09 am

ownervz wrote:If your child is a Singapore citizen/PR status. It may speed up approval of your application.

my baby is born at singapore and is a singaporean, so is my wife pure, pure singaporean, well, i guess i am too! i stayed there and spend all my precious child hood there too! i guess i am too part of singaporean, know where is good food, good place to drink out, where to find cheap stuffs, etc.....but :???:
i am not even PR status there..... :shock:
Jeff Lin

Sales Assistant Manager

budhihalim

Postby budhihalim » Tue, 01 Jul 2008 10:49 am

:o still waiting for reply from ICA.......sent email, dozens i think!
(no result)!!!
called, no use!!!!
i have tried TAIWAN SINGAPORE REPRESENTATIVE OFFICE!
they also told me to wait....if till another 2 weeks, still no reply, then they will help me to push!
so.......i guess......
wait lol!
Jeff Lin

Sales Assistant Manager

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Tue, 01 Jul 2008 3:55 pm

budhihalim wrote:
Saint wrote:To be honest there's not a lot you can do except wait. How long ago you apply?

however, mine....well i guess i have to drop by singapore to find out more what has gone wrong!

I submitted my application at the Singapore Oversea's Mission in London in February, heard back with approval within 2 months

budhihalim

Postby budhihalim » Tue, 01 Jul 2008 5:16 pm

Saint wrote:
budhihalim wrote:

I submitted my application at the Singapore Oversea's Mission in London in February, heard back with approval within 2 months

:roll: so i guess i should try from TAIWAN REPRE OFFICE!
that might proceed faster?
haha.....good luck to me~!
Jeff Lin

Sales Assistant Manager