Singapore Expats Forum

MANS' MAKEUP TOPIC (HOT)

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
maihai

MANS' MAKEUP TOPIC (HOT)

Postby maihai » Thu, 26 Jun 2008 12:23 pm

is there any info abt guy need plain make up to actually hid some of the acne scars?

can intro me some products?
Last edited by maihai on Tue, 08 Jul 2008 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

pisces81

Make Up for guys

Postby pisces81 » Mon, 30 Jun 2008 11:47 am

Try M.A.C

maihai

Re: Make Up for guys

Postby maihai » Mon, 30 Jun 2008 3:24 pm

pisces81 wrote:Try M.A.C

is it more for female? cos most of the guys doesnt wanna to get spotted they put on powder makeup etc. jus plain make ups =) i heard mtm have such but its very very expensive....

endlessx

Postby endlessx » Mon, 30 Jun 2008 7:56 pm

Don't over do it, i did saw some guys with rather obvious makeup (face too white compared to neck, hands etc) during walk-in interview... :-|

maihai

Postby maihai » Mon, 30 Jun 2008 9:43 pm

endlessx wrote:Don't over do it, i did saw some guys with rather obvious makeup (face too white compared to neck, hands etc) during walk-in interview... :-|

haha that was what i meant...but average a makeup cost how much? man can use female make up o.o?

pisces81

Make up

Postby pisces81 » Mon, 30 Jun 2008 10:58 pm

Well it really depends on how you see it. Make up is generally for everyone. Im sure you know male actors and models wear them all the time for work. Just leave out the lipstick, blusher and eyeshadow lah. Bronzer maybe optional but not too much. Lip balm (not gloss) is a must cos dry chapped lips are an absolute turn off. If you have minor blemishes and discoloration, just concealor will do the trick. If you choose to come with a superb model-like complexion, you may opt for just a simple 2-way foundation. Careful not to wear light coloured clothings coz if you sweat a lot there might stains on your collar. And please don't attempt to borrow your mum's or girlfriend's (or boyfriend's) foundation due to the difference in skin tone. Please also don't select a foundation just by looking at the samples displayed at the counter. Guessing games comes with a terrible (and embarrasing) price. Thats where you will end up like corpse bride. Finally, invest in quality skincare products cos all the expensive make up in the world cannot save you if you have baaaaad skin.

maihai

Re: Make up

Postby maihai » Tue, 08 Jul 2008 9:08 am

pisces81 wrote:Well it really depends on how you see it. Make up is generally for everyone. Im sure you know male actors and models wear them all the time for work. Just leave out the lipstick, blusher and eyeshadow lah. Bronzer maybe optional but not too much. Lip balm (not gloss) is a must cos dry chapped lips are an absolute turn off. If you have minor blemishes and discoloration, just concealor will do the trick. If you choose to come with a superb model-like complexion, you may opt for just a simple 2-way foundation. Careful not to wear light coloured clothings coz if you sweat a lot there might stains on your collar. And please don't attempt to borrow your mum's or girlfriend's (or boyfriend's) foundation due to the difference in skin tone. Please also don't select a foundation just by looking at the samples displayed at the counter. Guessing games comes with a terrible (and embarrasing) price. Thats where you will end up like corpse bride. Finally, invest in quality skincare products cos all the expensive make up in the world cannot save you if you have baaaaad skin.

excellent information i bet u spend all ur earnings on skincare products? =D

Sofia888

Postby Sofia888 » Tue, 08 Jul 2008 10:36 am

when you have your grooming lesson, guys are allowed to put on concealers and define their eyebrows.
"Never Let Anything Get In the Way Of Your Destiny.."- View From the Top

maihai

Postby maihai » Sat, 12 Jul 2008 2:18 pm

Sofia888 wrote:when you have your grooming lesson, guys are allowed to put on concealers and define their eyebrows.

huh wad grooming lessons?

pisces81

Postby pisces81 » Mon, 14 Jul 2008 9:26 am

That is where they teach you how to portray a standard clean cut image suitable for a flight attendant. Hair, skin, face, body, smile, make up, styling and all the works. So if you happen to be the typical straight male please don't freak out. Remember face value is the number one unspoken criteria for cabin crew jobs, aside from your degrees and diplomas.

maihai

Postby maihai » Tue, 15 Jul 2008 10:39 am

pisces81 wrote:That is where they teach you how to portray a standard clean cut image suitable for a flight attendant. Hair, skin, face, body, smile, make up, styling and all the works. So if you happen to be the typical straight male please don't freak out. Remember face value is the number one unspoken criteria for cabin crew jobs, aside from your degrees and diplomas.

where could i get myself registered wif this lesson and how much does it cost for the whole course?

pisces81

Postby pisces81 » Tue, 15 Jul 2008 11:40 pm

Wahlau where got! Its part of the cabin crew training module which you have to undergo when you get selected by the airline company.