Singapore Expats

I'm Voting Republican

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

I'm Voting Republican

Post by Strong Eagle » Mon, 23 Jun 2008 10:05 pm

For those of you (Americans) who may be going back and forth on the issues and the next president, I've found a website that has cleared it all up for me.

http://imvotingrepublican.com/

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 24 Jun 2008 12:20 am

Saw that one last week on Singaporum.com. Pretty good. :wink:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Wed, 25 Jun 2008 1:39 pm

i cannot vote for barack. he's gonna spoil everything. and i'm not even republican!

p/s: i'm serious. the world cannot allow troops to pull out of the M-E so quickly. it'll make things worse for everyone.

dans_la_lune

Post by dans_la_lune » Tue, 01 Jul 2008 4:52 pm

I used to support Hillary. Now I support McCain.

Strong Eagle

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 01 Jul 2008 10:00 pm

taxico wrote:i cannot vote for barack. he's gonna spoil everything. and i'm not even republican!

p/s: i'm serious. the world cannot allow troops to pull out of the M-E so quickly. it'll make things worse for everyone.
No way it will happen. All candidates end up with far more centrist positions once realities of office settle in. Obama is miles ahead of McCain on many issues and I see him as pragmatic.

Cheers.

Strong Eagle

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 01 Jul 2008 10:02 pm

dans_la_lune wrote:I used to support Hillary. Now I support McCain.
This is definitely a case of cutting off your nose to spite your face. Hilary and Obama are far closer in position on virtually any topic than McCain.

Reminds me of the column written by Froma Harrop explaining to unhappy Hilly fans why McCain would be better for pro choice voters. Great laugh.

POOLECJ

Post by POOLECJ » Thu, 31 Jul 2008 11:33 am

Obama can't even admit the surge was a success. forget the fact he didn't want to go to war in the first place, can't the man simply say hey it was the right decision to surge ahead. No, the man can't. and further, how if the World does this man attend a church for 20 years with a preacher spewing hate filled words and accusations and not know what's going on. I'm all for a black, lady or hispanic president. And sadyly what is happening here is the voters are caught up in Obama's rock star image. he can give one heck of a speech, as shown on his European tour (by the way, we have many more problems in our own house right now Obama, and turning on the Germans is not in the top 5).

Now politicians will be politicians, which spin and flip flopping to certain degrees. but here we are ready to put a man in office who has just a few years of experience in the senate, has never done anything significant in his career, was a proud member of a hate america church for 20 years, and is courting the World instead of his own country.

And he has not laid out anything specific on issues other than he is raising taxes on upperclass (shut the investments off), raising capital gains tax (great for our retirment plans), going to pull the troops out (thank the republicans for the surge which might allow him to do that, but better be very careful). and he will meet with Iran and Venezuala leaders who would nuke the US in a second if they had the opportunity. Great, this will be a wild 4 years of this rock star gets in office.

RULDS
Regular
Regular

Post by RULDS » Thu, 31 Jul 2008 3:50 pm

That movie was very childish. That site is backed by George Soros's MoveOn.org. I wonder why it's called MoveOn...on thats, right, it was that far left loon who was wanting everyone not to dwell on Bill Clinton being impeached as a President and have everyone 'Move On'.

I'm voting Democratic so when I sell my house, I will be taxed at 28% in stead of 14% on my gains.

I'm voting Democratic so when I actually make money I only get a small portion of it so I can help support those who choose to stay home and not work.

I'm voting Democratic so I can continue to pay $4 a gallon in the US instead of drilling in the barren wasteland in ANWR.

I'm voting Democratic so girls can chose abortion as a form of birth control.

I'm voting Democrat so we can have even a bigger government so they can take over Health Care because they have been so successful with all of the other government programs.

I'm voting Democrat so my neighbor can not have a gun to protect themselves.

NOBAMA '08!