Singapore Expats Forum

Permanet Residence

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

PiLiPaLa

Permanet Residence

Postby PiLiPaLa » Mon, 23 Jun 2008 4:28 pm

Hi All....

Can I apply Singpapore PR without the sponsorship from my employer?
I am currently holding Employment Pass....

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Mon, 23 Jun 2008 5:20 pm

Your employer does not have to sponsor you but does have to sign a paper saying they have no objections. Employers have objected in the past because it makes you subject to CPF withholding.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 23 Jun 2008 6:17 pm

Even that isn't necessary anymore. I just lost my accountant today. She applied and got it without our knowledge at all. on the 22 of May. She turned in her months' notice the following day on the 23rd but didn't tell us she had gotten her PR. Said she was going back to Indonesia. I didn't sign anything at all. The only way I found out she had gotten PR was when the iFLWB statement was downloaded and saw that her "S" pass contribution stopped on the 22nd. :o

So the employer doesn't have to sign either although I would guess it would be more beneficial. One of my Burmese Girls came in today with a letter for signature (she's been with us for two years anyway.) so I signed it anyway but it really is not a problem if the employer doesn't.