Singapore Expats Forum

Making New Friends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
CdnGirl

Making New Friends

Postby CdnGirl » Sat, 21 Jun 2008 12:18 pm

I moved to Singapore almost 6 months ago...Have made some great friends at work and feel finally settled in. Am now looking to expand my Singapore circle and hope to meet some peeps outside of work to hang out, check out cool restaurants, travel, etc, etc. =)

I'm 28, was born and raised in Canada, and am embracing the hot weather here (kinda, lol). I am fluent in English and Cantonese and just started taking some Mandarin classes, so guess I'm in need of a language buddy too!

amit_agrawal

Postby amit_agrawal » Sat, 21 Jun 2008 4:47 pm

welcome to Singapore. It is pretty to easy to settle here. u cn make lot of friend here

hoon

HI

Postby hoon » Sun, 22 Jun 2008 4:36 pm

Hey there Cdn girl i'm a local singaporean here... would love to make frds with ya.. hang out or watver yeah :)
add me on msn daniel_hoon@hotmail.com if u wish or would u rather sms or something? just let me know yeah :) hope to hear from you soon....

and i'm impressed you can take the weather even me a local its killing me LOL :) cheers...
oh n btw anyone else who wants a new frd feel free to chat yeah :)

cool_nich
Regular
Regular

Postby cool_nich » Sun, 22 Jun 2008 4:49 pm

nice to know u chn gal
i hope u can enjoy stay in sg
how long will u stay here?

CdnGirl

hey guys!

Postby CdnGirl » Sun, 22 Jun 2008 10:40 pm

Thanks for your hellos! I'm still trying to get the hang of messaging on the forum... :o

I'll be staying here for the next year or so and am eager to meet some new peeps! :)

I'll be emailing/msn those of you that have given me your contact info and we'll get in touch. I'll be able to check my emails more often than the forum.

lostindark- I can't PM you---I don't have enough posts, or something like that.... can you send me your contact info?

cheers all! :)

jakeM

-

Postby jakeM » Mon, 23 Jun 2008 9:52 am

Welcome to Singapore! U can meet more expats on FNDC.Em also planning to join with FNDC on comming friday.C u there !

mazurskyj@yahoo.com

hp..for..u

Postby hp..for..u » Wed, 25 Jun 2008 5:08 pm

i m also new to Singapore,completed two months now. also looking for company to roam around. u can mail me on hemantp1407@gmail.com

cool_nich
Regular
Regular

Postby cool_nich » Wed, 25 Jun 2008 9:55 pm

hi cdn gal
how ru today?

yan_26
Regular
Regular

Postby yan_26 » Thu, 26 Jun 2008 8:55 am

i m local gal.I m yan.I knoe english ,chinese & cantonese.
Nice to knoe u.

tks
Love U Foerver !!

hp..for..u

Postby hp..for..u » Thu, 26 Jun 2008 10:12 am

hi yan
i recently got my multiple entry visa for Malaysia.i m planning to go there on weekends. can u suggest me some nearby places to visit in Malaysia i mean near to Singapore & also cheap.
looking for your favour....
tc

masauds
Chatter
Chatter

hi

Postby masauds » Thu, 26 Jun 2008 10:28 am

Ho r u? lets we all meet up someday for coffee at city area. just add me at MSN messanger or send me email

masaud_s@hotmail.com

yan_26
Regular
Regular

Postby yan_26 » Sat, 28 Jun 2008 9:08 am

hp..for..u wrote:hi yan
i recently got my multiple entry visa for Malaysia.i m planning to go there on weekends. can u suggest me some nearby places to visit in Malaysia i mean near to Singapore & also cheap.
looking for your favour....
tc

nearby mostly Johore,if u want go further abtit will be KL.
Cheap...hmm..u can go shopping centre city square(johore),when u
come out from johore custom,u will saw the shopping centre.
Maybe u can get something cheap there.

I also not too sure,becoz i seldom go to msia.
But i think msia stuffs mostly cheaper than sg.
Love U Foerver !!

Rascal46

Re: Making New Friends

Postby Rascal46 » Sun, 29 Jun 2008 11:59 am

CdnGirl wrote:I moved to Singapore almost 6 months ago...Have made some great friends at work and feel finally settled in. Am now looking to expand my Singapore circle and hope to meet some peeps outside of work to hang out, check out cool restaurants, travel, etc, etc. =)

I'm 28, was born and raised in Canada, and am embracing the hot weather here (kinda, lol). I am fluent in English and Cantonese and just started taking some Mandarin classes, so guess I'm in need of a language buddy too!

Hi i'm a malay guy. how about a chat?
New Honda Freed

Rascal46

Re: Making New Friends

Postby Rascal46 » Sun, 29 Jun 2008 12:00 pm

CdnGirl wrote:I moved to Singapore almost 6 months ago...Have made some great friends at work and feel finally settled in. Am now looking to expand my Singapore circle and hope to meet some peeps outside of work to hang out, check out cool restaurants, travel, etc, etc. =)

add me at saiful_ella46@hotmail.com
New Honda Freed

hp..for..u

Postby hp..for..u » Mon, 30 Jun 2008 9:23 am

thanks Yan for the Information.