Singapore Expats Forum

FNDC: 20th June @ BluJaz Cafe from 8pm

Weekly meetup of FNDC - Friday Night Drinking Club
morton
Regular
Regular

FNDC: 20th June @ BluJaz Cafe from 8pm

Postby morton » Thu, 19 Jun 2008 1:37 pm

Ok ladies and gents - some of you have been giving me stick over the late post :tongue: but I think it will be worth the wait this week. Just for a change, we'll be moving away from the usual Clarke Quay/Boat Quay/Orchard Road scene, but don't fret - it's still close enough to town.

I've found a kewl little pub near Bugis/Arab sector called BluJaz Cafe.
Official address is: 11 Bali Lane, Historic Kampong Glam, 189848 http://blujaz-cafe.blogspot.com/

I think the easiest way to find it, or to tell a taxi driver, is Ophir Road between North Bridge Rd and Beach Rd.
Map here ---> http://www.bestplacesexplorer.com/details.php?info=2&id=131844080735&category=one&record=2

Nearest MRT is Bugis. Walk down Rochor Rd against the traffic, turn left on North Bridge Rd (go past the big Gothic building - Parkview Square - on the right and Raffles Hospital on the left) cross Ophir Rd and turn right - it's about 150 meters down Ophir Rd on the left.

I've made a booking under FNDC/morton/Craig on the second floor. Come up the stairs and do a u-turn into the room then another u-turn around the bar to an outdoors courtyard (or inside if it's raining). For your listening pleasure, there is a Blues/Jazz band (go figure with a name like BluJaz Cafe!!) on the ground/1st floor, and for your viewing pleasure :o a belly dancer on the third floor [-o< (from 9.30pm).

Alas, no happy hour (jeez - if you're not happy enough with music and belly dancing then I don't know how to help you :roll: ) but I believe their prices are quite good (for Singapore, anyway).

So, there it is. As usual, I'm hoping to see a good turnout. We've been getting great crowds, lately, so don't stop now.

Also, as usual, FNDC is an open invitation event to everyone, locals and expats, old timers (2 more weeks :-({|= ) and newbies, guys and gals, cats and dogs.

Feel free to give me a buzz or sms on 81369224 if you're having trouble finding us or the place, or just want to listen to an Aussie slurring his words after a few pints.
Last edited by morton on Fri, 20 Jun 2008 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Divers just love going deep and getting wet (not to mention all that rubber!)

mrfr0sty

Postby mrfr0sty » Thu, 19 Jun 2008 1:57 pm

Lol! the first Friday night drinks I'm attending and it's at the pub right opposite work! :D I'm in the Gateway Towers :)

Still it is a good bar with a good Friday vibe plus if anyone likes Sheesha there's a whole street of places next door.

Look forward to seeing you all there!

Jamie

morton
Regular
Regular

Postby morton » Thu, 19 Jun 2008 2:03 pm

G'day Jamie - I'm in Gateway, too - just moved in this week from Millenia Tower. Look forward to meeting you tomorrow night.
Divers just love going deep and getting wet (not to mention all that rubber!)

Nailah
Regular
Regular

Postby Nailah » Thu, 19 Jun 2008 3:01 pm

YES! I was stuck whether to go watch my FB friend bellydance or to attend FNDC tomorrow... Now I don't have to think cuz both events will be in the SAME bar! Yay!

clancy

Postby clancy » Thu, 19 Jun 2008 3:20 pm

Music and sheesha, woohoo! I'm brand new here but if it's ok will head down and join you. Sounds good!

Shells271180

Postby Shells271180 » Thu, 19 Jun 2008 4:29 pm

Hey there I'm keen on popping along. Another aussie! I actually have a work half day event which finishes around 8pm so need to work out how to get there! But hopefully can make it.

royk

Postby royk » Thu, 19 Jun 2008 4:54 pm

I haven't been to a FNDC would definately try make tomorrow peeps.....

rukawa

Postby rukawa » Thu, 19 Jun 2008 9:31 pm

Will be joining u guys after 9pm.

Hope to see some of familiar faces. Anyone going there after 9pm?

zebra2fire

Postby zebra2fire » Thu, 19 Jun 2008 10:45 pm

Hi..I am newbies too..maybe i m free ...will go there after 9pm....

hehe...:-P
Wei ! Wei!

ashlee.c

Postby ashlee.c » Fri, 20 Jun 2008 4:26 pm

never done any of the wndc or fndc so im a newbie at all this but i love this place, might be getting there around 9 but i would love to come tonight, hopefully ill make it :)
21 female student from australia newcastle/melb. Doing Musical Theatre BA (hons) degree here in singapore. been here already for 2 years now so i know my way around. Feel free to drop an email always happy to help or simply meet new people.

cheers ash :)

Clea

Postby Clea » Fri, 20 Jun 2008 5:51 pm

hi all,

I will be there at around 9-10pm and might bring some few new friends. It has been a while since I last went to FNDC so I'm excited to meet the new crowd.

Clea