Singapore Expats

I am a New Man! \:D/

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 12 Nov 2010 12:50 pm

You wouldn't be reaching for the toaster, that's for sure.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Fri, 12 Nov 2010 11:52 pm

BigSis wrote:Oh OK, now that makes sense.

what kind of things do you have for breakfast? She said she has yoghurt and fruit nearly every day, but I'm not much of a fruit fan so that kind of thing every day would have me reaching for the toaster before the week was out!
The XXXXX way is no doubt the way to go, it's clinical for those blood tests to be understood.

Though the philosophy behind it is really very very interesting, i've almost mastered it with my own blood tests, though there are many other factors I have to deal with as I have autoimmunity disease, but I'm working on it. Ethics, metaphysics, epistemology is what it's all about to kick start the HGH

How to kick start the HGH, just as I'm getting there I buy an ice cream :lol: or 2, Now its been so long without a beer, I'm getting withdrawal symptoms :oops: :lol: Didn't realise i had enough alcohol in my body to last 5 months :shock:

I've 5kg more to drop!

Though my daughter and her friends say I look like Hulk, so maybe I have to drop 10kg more, Though its really not easy when it's all muscle :cry:

skepticalplastic

Post by skepticalplastic » Tue, 28 Jun 2011 12:30 pm

SMS,

perhaps u can share what is your secret to slimming down. U mention that it's a doctor prog so i believe u shld be able to post it here rite?

skepticalplastic

Post by skepticalplastic » Tue, 28 Jun 2011 12:39 pm

SMS,

I saw that u only PM to ppl. Perhaps u can PM to me the details if its not convenient to post it here. TIA :)

Michael_A
Regular
Regular

Post by Michael_A » Wed, 29 Jun 2011 10:11 am

congrats on this SMS, sent you a PM

longstebe
Chatter
Chatter

Post by longstebe » Fri, 01 Jul 2011 9:13 pm

It's a little late in the thread but one more pat on the back wont harm.
:)

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 01 Jul 2011 10:42 pm

As a former commercial Diver and a SCUBA diver with over 40 years of diving under my weightbelt, I was ashamed of what I had become after retiring from commercial diving in my late 40's. So much so, that I had become a walking timebomb with HBP, Cholesterol and Gout. I figured if I wanted to see any grandkids (still none at the moment) I'd better do something and do it now. I reckon I've given myself another 20 years.

Thanks! Ole men appreciate the occasional pat on the back! :)
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Post by Wind In My Hair » Fri, 01 Jul 2011 11:51 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Thanks! Ole men appreciate the occasional pat on the back! :)
At your featherweight now, all these pats on the back must be sending you reeling forward :wink:

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 01 Jul 2011 11:57 pm

Yeah, but now me feets can keep up! :cool:

DimWit Kid
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DimWit Kid » Sat, 02 Jul 2011 11:43 pm

Well sms - as you know I am not coming here that frequent - only when I'm in an extended time in Sg.... but hey, glad to see this - belated congrats to you!

I always imagine you as my ole kind grandpa - now I have to imagine ole kind skinny grandpa :D

Peace!

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 03 Jul 2011 12:06 pm

Thanks DWK, Been awhile. You do tend to disappear at intervals. Nice to see you back again!

skepticalplastic

Re: I am a New Man! \:D/

Post by skepticalplastic » Tue, 23 Aug 2011 9:43 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Some of you will remember that I went on a diet earlier this year and there are a couple of scattered ongoing updates in the Health Forum. A couple of you have even met me at seasider's before Xmas last year.

Today is the last day of my diet. It has been hugely successful. Beyond my wildest dreams actually. I have spent the past 22 weeks on a fantastic weight loss program that is more a lifestyle change than a "diet". While the credit for losing the weight goes to the Doctor who designed and oversees theses weight loss programs, I would not have know about the program had it not been for Baloo an Admin at singaporum.com who advised me that he was near finishing his run on the program with his unbelievable 49kg loss in 6 months. At that time I though :o what in the devil must I do on this diet to obtain losses like that. After reading the links that he gave me, I found that his losses were "almost normal" with others both before and since. A few losing up to 90kg in a year. Two were recently featured/interviewed on Today Tonight an Australian TV Program (last Thursday a week ago - June 6) One who just finished losing 88kg on this program in one year.

Anyway, today is the last day of my programme proper.

I started the diet on the 13th of January but cut down on some stuff one week earlier. After 20 weeks on the program I had lost exactly 25kg. I've been on a specially prepared stabilization diet for the past 16 days. This was to stop the weight losses without causing our bodies to react adversely and causing cravings, hunger and ultimately weight gain. I have lost another .8kg since then for a total weight loss of 25.8kg. I'm 1.7m tall and weighed 94kg when I started. Today, I weigh 68.2kg and I have gone from a 40" waistline to a 31". I can now wear the Tuxedo I got married in, back in 1983, for my 25th Wedding Anniversary this coming September. Do you have any idea how good that feels?

The weight-loss program does not have you taking any pills, special shakes, specially prepackaged foods or supplements (other the multivitamins - which you buy from whomever you feel like). While the diet is a low carbohydrate one, it IS NOT a high protein or high fat one. It is a balanced diet. The food is all fresh and unprocessed consisting of leans meats, seafoods & poultry and plenty of fruits and vegetables. Of course there are foods that are not allowed during the duration of the program but hey, it's a minor inconvenience considering what can happen.

The weight loss is great. But the real eye-opener is the other things that have happened due to this program. My HBP which I have had to deal with for the past decade has been borderline high around 145/95 while under medication (2 types). I am also a long time gout sufferer and cholesterol was elevated so was also taking meds for that & the gout. In February I had an appointment with my GP (usually quarterly). He noticed that I appeared to have lost weight (explanations then followed, along with links for his own research as he had not heard of the program either). I was 4 weeks into the program at that time and had lost about 6kg. He cut my Gout meds (allipurinol) in half.

Saturday two weeks ago I went again to the doc. He almost fell over. However, he wasn't complete dumbfounded as he had done some research. I, on the other hand had quit taking my BP med on Thursday so Sat was the beginning of the 3rd day without any. When he took my blood pressure he had to check and do it 3 times because my blood pressure was NORMAL at 110/70. I asked him how long before residuals of the meds would be out of my system, and he told me 24 to 36 hours max. At any rate, he stopped all my BP meds right then. He also asked me to monitor it for two weeks and ordered a full blood work-up and urinalysis. When I returned this past Saturday for the follow-up. My blood pressure was still at 110/70 AND My uric acid levels were within normal ranges as were both my good and bad cholesterol. Therefore he has stopped all of my medications now. For the first time in a decade I'm 100% pill free and literally "in Perfect Condition" health-wise. I have a BMI of 23.6 and a 14.7% Body Fat Ratio

Now comes the rebuilding of my physical self so I can strap on the scuba tanks again! I've just regained 20 years of my life. I weight the same amount that I did in July 1968 when I was discharged from active duty. That was 40 years ago.

If anybody amongst our readers needs to seriously consider doing something about their weight then I would strongly recommend that you consider getting more information on this program!

SMS
Hi SMS,

It's me again. I'm keen in your secrets/program in losing so much weight as I'm currently overweight and need to lose 10-15kg within this year. PLEASE share here or PM me. TIA!

Meggyh

Post by Meggyh » Wed, 12 Sep 2012 4:20 pm

Hi sms!
Im really interested to know your weight loss program. Need to loss weight 15kgs-20kgs in 6months :)
If you dont mind can you email me the details cos im a new member here!
My emaik : [email protected]
Im lookinb forward to your email, thanks!

ThuyChi

Post by ThuyChi » Wed, 12 Sep 2012 5:25 pm

Hi

Could you please PM me with the details of the programme too? I'm 1.65m, 72kg at the moment. Been making my own meals from scratch for a while now, eating whole grains, reducing salt and sugar. I dropped down from around 80kg to 72 at the moment and is trying to maintain while looking for an easier diet that doesn't require me slaving in the kitchen :D

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 12 Sep 2012 5:27 pm

Meggyh wrote:Hi sms!
Im really interested to know your weight loss program. Need to loss weight 15kgs-20kgs in 6months :)
If you dont mind can you email me the details cos im a new member here!
My emaik : [email protected]
Im lookinb forward to your email, thanks!
You have a PM (you can read but cannot reply).

sms