Singapore Expats Forum

Need help!

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
kaiyin18

Need help!

Postby kaiyin18 » Sat, 14 Jun 2008 10:31 pm

Hi there..i was just accepted by SIA to be a cabin crew. Now i just did my medical and is waiting for my work permit to be done(I am from Malaysia ). I would like to ask any seniors here when should i resign from my current job? do i wait until they issue me a work permit or SIA will actually send me a letter of offer? Cos i have to work still work for the current employer for 2 mths after i tender in my resignation letter...Pls advise me on this! thks to whoever senior out there who reply me =)

rgds
Kai Yin

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Need help!

Postby singaporegrrl » Sun, 15 Jun 2008 12:40 am

Why don't you ask directly with HR? They should be able to give you a firm answer and not some assumptions by seniors. FYI, not all cabin crew knows everything about the company especially when it concerns HR.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

Careena

Postby Careena » Sun, 15 Jun 2008 2:25 pm

Are you Catherine?The sweetie who went through the interview on 25th May?
Reality is wrong!Dreams are for real!

Plavt
Director
Director

Postby Plavt » Sun, 15 Jun 2008 3:47 pm

Careena wrote:Are you Catherine?The sweetie who went through the interview on 25th May?

No she isn't.

M
Reporter
Reporter

Postby M » Mon, 16 Jun 2008 2:30 am

kaiyin18 wrote:Hi there..i was just accepted by SIA to be a cabin crew. Now i just did my medical and is waiting for my work permit to be done(I am from Malaysia ). I would like to ask any seniors here when should i resign from my current job? do i wait until they issue me a work permit or SIA will actually send me a letter of offer? Cos i have to work still work for the current employer for 2 mths after i tender in my resignation letter...Pls advise me on this! thks to whoever senior out there who reply me =)

rgds
Kai Yin

The permit might take some time and unfortunately, having done the medical doesn't mean you have cleared your medical. I would advice you to wait for the call if not, give HR a call to clarify.

M :cool:

Tres Bien Merci

Postby Tres Bien Merci » Mon, 16 Jun 2008 9:28 am

I agree with "M". :)

It would be better you give them a call first before you decided to resign.

preetie

Not receive any email or call from SIA

Postby preetie » Tue, 24 Jun 2008 8:19 am

Hi Guys..

I need some advise..
My interview with SIA was successful and also pass my medical check up..
During my employment briefing on 20/3, i informed Sheryn that i'll be finishing my diploma 3 months time.. she told me to email her once i finish my diploma.. i just finished my diploma and im currenly waiting for my cert.. i email her may 28 and till now noone has called me or reply to my email.. i even forwarded the mail to flightstewardess_recruit@singaporeair.com.sg but noone has replied
Im feeling very tensed now... is there a way to reach Sheryn...

Pls advise
Thanks