Singapore Expats Forum

Looking to make some new friends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
jenctan

Looking to make some new friends

Postby jenctan » Fri, 13 Jun 2008 1:43 am

Hey,

My job relocated me to Singapore about 3 months ago, and since then have managed to make most of my friends from work.

Im looking to break into the expat circle and anyone else who is interested in music, travel, art, culture and life in general!

Im currently living in Novena, would like to move out and share a place with like-minded people.

Im 23, female, grew up in Newcastle, Australia. But my dad is Singaporean and my mum is Korean, so throw in an Aussie accent, a taste for drinking, music, and an appetite for life, and get to know the rest!

Jen

P.s. I just got back from a trip in Paris, and would be extra happy to meet some French people to chat with.

scottish_lass

Postby scottish_lass » Tue, 17 Jun 2008 3:11 pm

Hi Jen

Can't help you on the living thing, but would love to make friends. I love music, books and travel, as well as outdoor things and sport. I am nearly 30, hail from Edinburgh in Scotland and have been in Singapore for a week. I am working in the north of Singapore as academic staff in a polytechnic. Keen to make some new friends... interested...??

Jako

Postby Jako » Tue, 17 Jun 2008 3:50 pm

Hi guys,

I'm from france, I'm working for internship here (Boon Lay, very far from city ;() and I am booored of singapore, so if you wanna can meet people, would be good :)

I'm also currently looking for a place to share with like-minded people and it's not easy (Yeah I want to be able to cook, and to invite friends at home...) !!!

Jen I can chat with you if that can make you extra happy haha (in french?)

jenctan

Postby jenctan » Tue, 17 Jun 2008 4:17 pm

Yes I would love to hang out Scottish lass.

And, it would make me very happy to chat (in French). You made me laugh. This is exactly what I want, and tried. I love cooking, making dinner parties, having friends over. I realised very quickly that its not usual here.

My email is jenctan@hotmail.com.

Looking forward to meeting you!

scottish_lass

Postby scottish_lass » Tue, 17 Jun 2008 4:28 pm

hi jen,

have sent you an email so hopefully hear from you soon :)

Have a good day :)

ianlaird

Postby ianlaird » Tue, 17 Jun 2008 5:05 pm

only 1 week, you must be loving the weather, I raine from Cumbernauld and been here 9 months, dont plan on going back

Oh i do miss living in Stockbridge!

scottish_lass

Postby scottish_lass » Tue, 17 Jun 2008 5:07 pm

Cumbernauld uh! East coaster myself, although was living and working in Stirling for quite a while :) Enjoying the acclimitisation so far !!

wrvishnu
Regular
Regular

Postby wrvishnu » Tue, 17 Jun 2008 5:29 pm

add my msn if would like to chat or interested in being my friend
its_vishnu@hotmail.com

zflor

Postby zflor » Tue, 17 Jun 2008 10:53 pm

i love to cook too. will be fun to cook n enjoy the food together...

jbl

Postby jbl » Thu, 19 Jun 2008 9:50 am

been to scotland and love the scenic highlands with the mountains, lakes and sheeps. especially oban, the small town along the coast. missed it.

tried learning french once but the problem with new language is if there's no one to practise with, you'll lose it quickly. probably only remember a few key phases now.

perhaps we can organize a dinner party with cooking? i love to cook (but not the washing up ha!) otherwise we can have dinner somewhere in town over a friday night, just for a start?

cheers,
john (a singaporean looking to expand my circle of friends)

Shells271180

Postby Shells271180 » Thu, 19 Jun 2008 10:18 am

Hi I'm new too and would love to meet more people. Please let me know your emails and can keep in touch or arrange something!

Jako

Postby Jako » Thu, 19 Jun 2008 12:30 pm

woa a dinner party with cooking, would be interested !!! :)
I'm an awesome cooker !!! (kidding of course, but I like to cook)

Let me know if you plan this :D

PinkMiracle

Postby PinkMiracle » Thu, 19 Jun 2008 3:45 pm

Well I can't cook :oops: but I could always buy food to bring over! :wink: Let's set something up soon!

masauds
Chatter
Chatter

hi

Postby masauds » Thu, 19 Jun 2008 8:55 pm

Hi all

lets we arrange something to meet for coffee

my MSN is masaud_s@hotmail.com

cheers

zflor

Postby zflor » Fri, 20 Jun 2008 7:13 pm

coffee wld be nice for a start... we cld discuss more on the detail if we organising the cooking session.

i'll be free next sat 28/6 :D let's catch up soon! (tis wk abit tight down by work :cry: