Singapore Expats Forum

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Sat, 14 Jun 2008 4:52 pm

Got to agree OZ, the text came over a little high and mighty, even for a tired traveller, it's easy done, becasue the communication from the brain to the keyboard is along way to go, and you now how much it can change by the time it gets to the monitor :lol:

I've done the same a few times myself, even with my own family, where they have phoned me up, because they felt our chat was getting a little over the top. :shit:

Apologise and move on, GC is correct to point it out to you, and income tax well what did you mean by that? I was paying 48% tax in Denmark and still couldn't get a book, until my residence permit came through, and you know, It's supposed to be free movement in Europe, for Europeans too, Each Country still have their own laws, and residence documents are issued, but it was in fact the computer system needed the registration ID number, only, it took ages 10 weeks, before i could use the library in Denmark, until my documentation had all been done. Just because tax is paid doesn't give you any exemptions That's life!

So really our comprehension skills need to be looked at when typing, to see if we really mean what we are trying to say, I love that exclamation mark too much too :lol:

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 14 Jun 2008 5:04 pm

:oops:

"....I am not as clever or well written as you are..I am highly uneducated...I have no illusions there.."

AussieNewToSing, I'm just an ole farmboy. I don't have much of an education either. I just have 60+ years of experience, that's all. And even then, it gets me into trouble often enough!

Anyway, thank you for a much gentler post. Sometimes we all have teething pains. :wink:

sms

Levikane
Regular
Regular

Postby Levikane » Sun, 15 Jun 2008 11:05 pm

cutiebutie wrote:your diamond-giver Dutch-boy a very unhappy Gouda-Guy

Solid gold! An instant classic line!

Return to “General Discussions”