Singapore Expats Forum

Jazz & Swing @ Esplanade Recital Studio - FREE tickets

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!

Jazz & Swing @ Esplanade Recital Studio - FREE tickets

Postby yayapapaya » Wed, 11 Jun 2008 7:09 am

Event: Jazz & Swing @ Esplanade Recital Studio
"Please call 6477 2795 for FREE tickets (first-come-first-serve)"

Date: 17th June 2008

6:30pm - 7:00pm (Collection of tickets) FREE (Pls call & reserve your tix)
7:00pm - 8:00pm (Dinner@MakanSutra, Esplanade) $5++
8:00pm - 9:30pm (Concert - no intermission)

Venue: Recital Studio, Esplanade Theaters on the Bay
(Nearest MRT: City Hall Station)

Tickets : FREE

Note: If you are unable to collect tickets before 7pm, please sms 9108 0034 (name, identification number, no. of tickets) and I'll collect on your behalf. Please inform me BEFORE 6:45pm

Contact Person: Jewel Fong, +65 9108 0034

Additional Notes:

Organized by
[SGLCEC] Singapore Language & Cultural Exchange Club

(If you're a facebook member, you can join the group to be updated for future events. If you'd like to fly under the radar, just register a facebook account, put in a nickname instead of real name, and join the group so you can be updated on our activities without revealing your real identity.)

******************* Band Info ********************

The SAF Stage Band is back! After our last concert in 2004, the SAF Stage Band will once again entertain with the ensemble made popular during the 1930s to the late 1940s in the US.Stage Band music, usually associated with jazz, swing, improvised solos and fast exciting rhythm is exactly what this concert is all about.

Hear classic favorites from Woody Herman's 'Alone Again (Naturally)', Sammy Nestico's 'Ya Gotta Try... Harder' to contemporary works from Gordon Goodwin Big Phat Band!

Joining us for that evening's show are guest musicians Mr Fabian Lim(Saxophone) and Mr Kyaw Pine (Guitar). Come Get in Line for an evening with the SAF Stage Band!

Complimentary tickets are available on a first-come-first-serve basis. Please call 64772795 for reservations. Tickets must be collected no later than 7:00pm at the door on the day of the concert.

Repertoire (to be confirmed):

Against All Odds (featuring Sax soloist)
Alone Again (Naturally)
Mack The Knife
Phunky Speaking
Ya Gotta Try Harder
Rasa Sayang or Chan Mali Chan
I Saw Her Standing There
Get In Line

Postby ngkahhui » Wed, 11 Jun 2008 11:47 am

i just call
unfortunately there is running out of tickets :(