Singapore Expats Forum

where are all the white men and gals in this country???

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Levikane
Regular
Regular

Postby Levikane » Thu, 12 Jun 2008 11:27 pm

I find the same thing < 30 yrs expats are a rare commodity. I am 25 and probably the youngest in my company which has probably 100 (?) foreigners.

jpatokal

Postby jpatokal » Fri, 13 Jun 2008 12:00 am

CAT777 wrote:Need to add that Moderators of this forum (especially some particular species :wink: ) are doing a great job and help to detect some crazy people

My detector is still not quite sure about you though :P
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague

yankee_ibanez

Postby yankee_ibanez » Fri, 13 Jun 2008 10:50 am

Levikane wrote:I find the same thing < 30 yrs expats are a rare commodity. I am 25 and probably the youngest in my company which has probably 100 (?) foreigners.

That should be quite obvious, coz people in early 30's have relatively more work experience to be considered for expat compensations that an organisation gives..hence one can see expats in late 20's or early 30's in company.. fr students yeah i agree there wud be fewer international students as in Singapore masters or business schools are relatively less compared to US or Europe

krptykcookies
Regular
Regular

Re: where are all the white men and gals in this country???

Postby krptykcookies » Sat, 14 Jun 2008 1:12 pm

ashlee.c wrote:would be nice to hang, flirt even see a white guy in singapore for once when going out, maybe im going to the wrong places.....lol
so the question is..are they even in singapore, do guys in mid to late 20s come to singapore....? or am i looking for something thats not even here?

anyways had to get that out....and girls?? i need a girls night out...anyways if anyone has any outting plans please let me know, im up for some sort of adventure and funess.....:) pm me or contact me at rednut_ash@hotmail.com

cheers

Yes! they are in SG but they are hanging out at the SPG club. You should try that place if you want to flirt or see a white guy there.
Cool as cool can be

Bremen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bremen » Sun, 15 Jun 2008 12:55 am

krptykcookies wrote:
Yes! they are in SG but they are hanging out at the SPG club. You should try that place if you want to flirt or see a white guy there.

*shrug*

I've been here since I was 27 and every caucasian girl I see is usually married or carting around 3 kids.

Then again, I also avoid SPG bars like the plague and live pretty far up north, so i guess I don't get out much either. ;)
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
- Terry Pratchett

kincaidCloset

Postby kincaidCloset » Sun, 15 Jun 2008 11:43 am

Bremen wrote:
krptykcookies wrote:

*shrug*

I've been here since I was 27 and every caucasian girl I see is usually married or carting around 3 kids.

Then again, I also avoid SPG bars like the plague and live pretty far up north, so i guess I don't get out much either. ;)

Wow! you have been here since 27 and been people-seeing caucasian girl 'married or carting around 3 kids'! - that's interesting hobby :)

You are missing out on something if you 'avoid SPG bars like the plague'. It's like being in Australia and giving the Bondi beach surfers a miss coz you 'live pretty far up north' somewhere in Australia. :D

PS: how do you keep with this hobby of people-seeing without getting caught? :wink:

VZTRT

Postby VZTRT » Sun, 15 Jun 2008 7:54 pm

What is the SPG bar?

Levikane
Regular
Regular

Postby Levikane » Sun, 15 Jun 2008 11:08 pm

VZTRT wrote:What is the SPG bar?

SPG = Sarong (or Singapore) Party Girl. In shot its basically a tart trying to pick up white guys. By extension an SPG bar is a bar where you find lots of them!!!

Dont feel ashamed for not knowing I didn't when I got here either! Check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarong_Party_Girl

VZTRT

Postby VZTRT » Mon, 16 Jun 2008 4:31 pm

Levikane wrote:
VZTRT wrote:What is the SPG bar?

SPG = Sarong (or Singapore) Party Girl. In shot its basically a tart trying to pick up white guys. By extension an SPG bar is a bar where you find lots of them!!!

Dont feel ashamed for not knowing I didn't when I got here either! Check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarong_Party_Girl

lol, and here I thought it was an actual bar or something.

Well thanks for that.

Bremen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bremen » Mon, 16 Jun 2008 6:42 pm

kincaidCloset wrote:Wow! you have been here since 27 and been people-seeing caucasian girl 'married or carting around 3 kids'! - that's interesting hobby :)

Better than peeping into women's toilet cubicles with a cellphone cam, right?

kincaidCloset wrote:You are missing out on something if you 'avoid SPG bars like the plague'. It's like being in Australia and giving the Bondi beach surfers a miss coz you 'live pretty far up north' somewhere in Australia. :D

Nope. Totally different scenario. I'm glad that i avoid the SPG bars, as there's only so much of the riff-raff I can take before I wish a natural calamity would strike the bar.

In many cases though, it's fun watching caucasian men get enchanted by the girls that, by asian standards, are fugly. and once the SPGs find out I don't live in a posh condo, they avoid me too. Then I can drink my beer in peace and quiet... But why even go through the initial stage when I can just go to a non-SPG bar and enjoy a beer and not be surrounded by money-hunting, ugly tarts with white fever?

kincaidCloset wrote:PS: how do you keep with this hobby of people-seeing without getting caught? :wink:

By doing it in public, of course. I don't need to sneak around the Bukit Batok rocks like some pervs on here.
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

- Terry Pratchett

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 16 Jun 2008 10:24 pm

Hey Bremen, welcome back! You've not been around for a number of months now.

:cool:

Bremen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bremen » Mon, 16 Jun 2008 10:46 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Hey Bremen, welcome back! You've not been around for a number of months now.

:cool:

Oh, I lurk around every now and then. But you know where to find me if you really miss me that much. :kiss:

- Terry Pratchett

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 16 Jun 2008 10:53 pm

Yeah, I know! :wink:

kincaidCloset

Postby kincaidCloset » Tue, 17 Jun 2008 11:12 am

Bremen wrote:
kincaidCloset wrote:Wow! you have been here since 27 and been people-seeing caucasian girl 'married or carting around 3 kids'! - that's interesting hobby :)

popeh .. popeh ... popeh .. manyok besang budok ni. machom machom dori budok 'land down under'(?) ;)

I thought they do that everywhere, incl the 'Island of Red Mud' :D

kincaidCloset wrote:You are missing out on something if you 'avoid SPG bars like the plague'. It's like being in Australia and giving the Bondi beach surfers a miss coz you 'live pretty far up north' somewhere in Australia. :D

Nope. Totally different scenario. I'm glad that i avoid the SPG bars, as there's only so much of the riff-raff I can take before I wish a natural calamity would strike the bar.

Recap, who's asking you to visit the SPG (bar?) in the first place? :) Nevertheless you are more than welcome to do so if you want (but if you do you will stand out like a sore sticking point :) )

In many cases though, it's fun watching caucasian men get enchanted by the girls that, by asian standards, are fugly. and once the SPGs find out I don't live in a posh condo, they avoid me too. Then I can drink my beer in peace and quiet... But why even go through the initial stage when I can just go to a non-SPG bar and enjoy a beer and not be surrounded by money-hunting, ugly tarts with white fever?

I rest my case on the above comment. If I do make a comment (which is plentiful) about caucasian women this argument will never end especially with this disillussioned, once-bitten (by an SPG :D :lol:)-twice-shy beer-drinker who counts 'peace and quiet' as companions :D :lol:

kincaidCloset wrote:PS: how do you keep with this hobby of people-seeing without getting caught? :wink:

By doing it in public, of course. I don't need to sneak around the Bukit Batok rocks like some pervs on here.

I don't think you quite got the sarcarstic remark. I see you are some ' Reporter' from 'Island of Red Mud', eh :???:
Last edited by kincaidCloset on Tue, 17 Jun 2008 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quit staring at me .... you look pretty enough already

kincaidCloset

Postby kincaidCloset » Tue, 17 Jun 2008 11:16 am

Bremen wrote:

and OH btw you are really loooooooo ... ooong winded :D
Quit staring at me .... you look pretty enough already