Singapore Expats Forum

where are all the white men and gals in this country???

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
ashlee.c

where are all the white men and gals in this country???

Postby ashlee.c » Tue, 10 Jun 2008 2:45 pm

would be nice to hang, flirt even see a white guy in singapore for once when going out, maybe im going to the wrong places.....lol
so the question is..are they even in singapore, do guys in mid to late 20s come to singapore....? or am i looking for something thats not even here?

anyways had to get that out....and girls?? i need a girls night out...anyways if anyone has any outting plans please let me know, im up for some sort of adventure and funess.....:) pm me or contact me at rednut_ash@hotmail.com

cheers
21 female student from australia newcastle/melb. Doing Musical Theatre BA (hons) degree here in singapore. been here already for 2 years now so i know my way around. Feel free to drop an email always happy to help or simply meet new people.

cheers ash :)

ianlaird

Re: where are all the white men and gals in this country???

Postby ianlaird » Tue, 10 Jun 2008 3:36 pm

you say you have been here for two years...... and your asking where all the white people hang out?

errr i think you stay in to much or you are having a laugh....

Boat Quay (RAMMED WITH EXPATS)
Clarke Quay (RAMMED WITH EVERTHING)
Far east square (cbd area) (EXPATS)

ashlee.c

Postby ashlee.c » Tue, 10 Jun 2008 3:48 pm

well yeah when at uni for 12 months youre right i dont go out but now that im holidays for 2 months its time to let my hair down and im not quite sure where the hang out spots are...ive tried but clarke quay is getting boring i reckon....hahaha
21 female student from australia newcastle/melb. Doing Musical Theatre BA (hons) degree here in singapore. been here already for 2 years now so i know my way around. Feel free to drop an email always happy to help or simply meet new people.

zjules
Regular
Regular

Postby zjules » Tue, 10 Jun 2008 3:57 pm

Would be interesting to know how many PMs you get from that post :-) Do let us know....
But seriously, were everywhere!! Go to boat quay at 6+ on friday...

morton
Regular
Regular

Postby morton » Tue, 10 Jun 2008 3:59 pm

come along to FNDC - great mix of expats and locals, young and, er drinking like young :lol:

btw - luv your email address - just knew you were aussie when I saw that even before I read your tag
Divers just love going deep and getting wet (not to mention all that rubber!)

ashlee.c

Postby ashlee.c » Tue, 10 Jun 2008 4:23 pm

sweet well next week its friday night then i reckon..i all ladies night adventures on a wed have been a flop so yeah ill try a friday i think lol..i dunno about the guys being every where or maybe im not looking hard enough.....i just wanna hang with people who are more into the things i am and of similar culture, singapore, ive had enough haha

CAT777
Regular
Regular

Postby CAT777 » Tue, 10 Jun 2008 5:31 pm

ashlee.c wrote:would be nice to hang, flirt even see a white guy in singapore for once when going out, maybe im going to the wrong places.....lol
so the question is..are they even in singapore, do guys in mid to late 20s come to singapore....? or am i looking for something thats not even here?

anyways had to get that out....and girls?? i need a girls night out...anyways if anyone has any outting plans please let me know, im up for some sort of adventure and funess.....:) pm me or contact me at rednut_ash@hotmail.com

cheers

There are not so many working expats in a mid twenties (mostly students in early to mid twenties). Most of the expats are in early 30s and up (those who came with the families)...

and also, sad fact: the numbers of non-asian expat ladies are really small.

You can meet plenty of white youngsters in Insomnia on wed nite, most of them are students who are coming for couple of months and doing internership here.
Сингапурский котенок

CAT777
Regular
Regular

Postby CAT777 » Tue, 10 Jun 2008 5:36 pm

The other thing need to add: there are plenty of weird people on the forum (the stories about lovely local guy who was stalking foreign ladies on the forum are still alive :roll: ). So be aware when you arrange one-to-one meet-ups with people who send you e-mails. They may be harmless, but the experience can be quiet dissapointing
Сингапурский котенок

VZTRT

Postby VZTRT » Tue, 10 Jun 2008 7:28 pm

CAT777 wrote:There are not so many working expats in a mid twenties (mostly students in early to mid twenties). Most of the expats are in early 30s and up (those who came with the families)...

There will be a few that are coming up here from down under (gonna be working in what I'm doing) so there should be a few hanging around.
I know I met a few expats that are about the same age as me at FNDC.

Mr. X...pat

Lifestyles of the young and expatriated

Postby Mr. X...pat » Tue, 10 Jun 2008 9:55 pm

There are more early 20s xpats than meets the eye. I live with 2 others and work with about a dozen of us. Its getting popular to take a foreign job now, right out of college, and see a bit of the world wile you can! I cant say we frequent a specific place, but if your interested in meeting up during an outing, drop a line.
Surely, the long way's easier, but it's longer.

ukdesigner
Chatter
Chatter

Postby ukdesigner » Tue, 10 Jun 2008 10:06 pm

The other thing need to add: there are plenty of weird people on the forum (the stories about lovely local guy who was stalking foreign ladies on the forum are still alive. So be aware when you arrange one-to-one meet-ups with people who send you e-mails. They may be harmless, but the experience can be quiet dissapointing

But I'm nice and not weird :lol: & was I dissapointing? :wink:

Only you know it babe (CAT777 that is) :wink:
Don't p*ss me off! I am running out of places to hide the bodies.

CAT777
Regular
Regular

Postby CAT777 » Tue, 10 Jun 2008 10:46 pm

ukdesigner wrote:
The other thing need to add: there are plenty of weird people on the forum (the stories about lovely local guy who was stalking foreign ladies on the forum are still alive. So be aware when you arrange one-to-one meet-ups with people who send you e-mails. They may be harmless, but the experience can be quiet dissapointing

But I'm nice and not weird :lol: & was I dissapointing? :wink:

Only you know it babe (CAT777 that is) :wink:

Sure you are nice, i wish everyone could be like you...
Ladies, pls make sure you meet that guy while you are in Singapore. :kiss:
But weird people still exist and disturb this forum (and it's users) :evil: Need to add that Moderators of this forum (especially some particular species :wink: ) are doing a great job and help to detect some crazy people
Сингапурский котенок

CAT777
Regular
Regular

Re: Lifestyles of the young and expatriated

Postby CAT777 » Tue, 10 Jun 2008 10:54 pm

Mr. X...pat wrote:There are more early 20s xpats than meets the eye. I live with 2 others and work with about a dozen of us. Its getting popular to take a foreign job now, right out of college, and see a bit of the world wile you can! I cant say we frequent a specific place, but if your interested in meeting up during an outing, drop a line.

Yes, there are more and more youngsters are coming now, BUT the numbers are still small....

There are always people in 30-s and even in 40-s who party hard! So it's not necessarily to look only for youngsters. Most of my friends here are 10-15 yrs older than me and feel very comfortable with them
Сингапурский котенок

Lou25

Postby Lou25 » Wed, 11 Jun 2008 9:00 am

ashlee.c wrote:would be nice to hang, flirt even see a white guy in singapore for once when going out, maybe im going to the wrong places.....lol

cheers

I really was wondering the same :D
Everywhere you go in Singapore you see either attached people or youngster (early 20s).....
So if you find them...let me know!!!!!

ukdesigner
Chatter
Chatter

Postby ukdesigner » Thu, 12 Jun 2008 9:49 pm

there are plenty of white guys around. You just need to look a bit harder thats all.
Don't p*ss me off! I am running out of places to hide the bodies.