Singapore Expats Forum

Shoe repairs?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Shoe repairs?

Postby ozchick » Mon, 09 Jun 2008 1:33 pm

Can anyone suggest a GOOD shoe repairer who can do all types of repairs e.g chipped wooden heels or repair an insole in the existing style etc. I'm not talking the 'guy on the footpath' type repairer . Appreciate any advice yeah ?
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

Matney
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Matney » Mon, 09 Jun 2008 4:54 pm

There use to be a guy at Parkway Parade, street level, near Isten. I had some soles done by him. Have you checked the yellow pages?

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Mon, 09 Jun 2008 5:21 pm

I miss those roadside cobblers. They were friendly and cheap though the quality was not consistent. Nowadays I go to the nearest Mister Minit - most shopping centres have one I should think. They are fast and good, polite and professional. Very affordable too. And if you bat your eyelids at them enough, you just might get one extra flick of the cloth when they polish off your shoes! :wink:

skye
Chatter
Chatter

Postby skye » Mon, 09 Jun 2008 5:44 pm

the guy at Parkway is still there - shop is in the centre of the concourse on level l near the toilets. I've also had difficult repair done to a pair of favourite shoes by the place in Tanglin Mall - probably a Mister Minit outlet but I can't remember for sure.

cbavasi
Reporter
Reporter

Postby cbavasi » Mon, 09 Jun 2008 8:19 pm

the place in B1 of tanglin mall is good - i had soles replaced on my husbands shoes. there is also a place right past tudor court (next the bike shop) on the corner of tomlinson/tanglin that is a money changer/shoe repair (
:roll: ) but always seems they are repairing a lot of shoes...

durain
Director
Director

Postby durain » Mon, 09 Jun 2008 8:36 pm

i think there's a mister minit in centerpoint and raffles city.

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Tue, 10 Jun 2008 2:32 pm

Thank you bewdiful peoples. Will print these ideas and start the process. Gonna get edumacated about Parkway- that's a new place to me..mm...gracias ! Hey I just thought of a 'shoe' song. 'Walk a Mile In My Shoes' (and before you refuse, criticise and accuse- Walk A Mile In My Shoes)...Joe South ? Mm good song that.....
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'