Singapore Expats Forum

JURGENT: Jobs in singapore

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

Posts: 1
Joined: Sat, 31 May 2008

JURGENT: Jobs in singapore

Postby heenabhatiakohli » Thu, 05 Jun 2008 9:35 pm

Hi Guys,

My husband is coming to Singapore on a students pass to do his masters from Nanyang Tech Univ. I am also coming with him on a tourist visa which is valid for 1 month.

As per the university they would convert my tourist visa into a long term social visit pass.

I curently have a 8.5 yrs work experience primarily in Training & development . I recently resigned from my job. Can someone please guide me how easy is it too obtain a job in singapore on a long nterm social visit pass since I beleive the employment pass can only be givin by employer.

How can I get in singapore???

User avatar
Posts: 35167
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 05 Jun 2008 11:01 pm

You cannot work on a LTSVP. However, if you can find an employer to apply for the EP and they are successful then and only then can you legally work here. (They must convince the MOM that they need a foreigner to do the job because there are insufficient numbers of locals to fill the position or some other creative justification for wanting to hire a foreigner.


  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests