Singapore Expats Forum

Working Overseas

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

spraykit

Working Overseas

Postby spraykit » Thu, 05 Jun 2008 10:38 am

Hi Guys,

I am planning to apply for work in Russia for a few years and wonder if i need to apply for Russia citizenship to be able to work there. Can a Singapore citizen hold two passports or hold two nationality?

If not, do i have to give up my Singapore citizenship (SC)? If i give up my SC and becomes a russia citizen(RC) then subsequently i plan to return to Singapore. What difficulties would i faced in getting back my SC? Since my whole family is in Singapore would it be easier for me to gain back SC?

Can anyone please advise me on this?

Thanks alot!

ScoobyDoes
Manager
Manager

Postby ScoobyDoes » Thu, 05 Jun 2008 11:31 am

It is impossible that Russia would demand you become a citizen just to get work. Most likely you will have to apply for a Work Permit / Employment Pass type of thing, usually sponsored by the company you will work for.

And......Singapore does not allow Dual Citizenship.

Allibert
Chatter
Chatter

What?

Postby Allibert » Thu, 05 Jun 2008 1:40 pm

Is the OP still at school?

They seem to have no idea about Riussia, work plans, citizienship, anything. Just a dreamer or too much alcohol last night?

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Thu, 05 Jun 2008 3:21 pm

Russia also does not allow dual nationality. Those in Russia who would hire you will take care of paying the appropriate bribes to insure you get your permit.

taxico
Director
Director

Postby taxico » Sat, 14 Jun 2008 4:20 pm

this is one of the most amazing posts i've come across on this forum. i vote we send him a cookie prize.

:shooting:

durain
Director
Director

Re: Working Overseas

Postby durain » Sat, 14 Jun 2008 10:21 pm

spraykit wrote:If not, do i have to give up my Singapore citizenship (SC)? If i give up my SC and becomes a russia citizen(RC) then subsequently i plan to return to Singapore. What difficulties would i faced in getting back my SC? Since my whole family is in Singapore would it be easier for me to gain back SC?

good logic but doesnt work that way!

banana
Reporter
Reporter

Postby banana » Sun, 15 Jun 2008 12:55 pm

taxico wrote:this is one of the most amazing posts i've come across on this forum. i vote we send him a cookie prize.

:shooting:

send him to the gulag!
some signatures are more equal than others