Singapore Expats Forum

Expat Wife missing her Essex Girl friends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!

Re: Me too

Postby Guest » Fri, 07 Jan 2005 2:58 pm

[quote="KC"]:P Different background but same dilemma, I was relocated with my job and a following spouse and no kids but finding it difficult to fit in , having lived in NY prior to Singapore missing my girlfriends for shopping, coffee and girls night out... are you still looking for numbers to make a crowd???[/forgot to say, born in Uk grew up in Australia so sort of UKish??)

Vanessa

woohoo!!

Postby Vanessa » Fri, 14 Jan 2005 4:26 pm

Hi Marita,

I moved here about 2 mths ago and also in the same situation. My husband plays music in Molly Malones (down boat quay) and I'm always sitting there on my own no one to boogie on down with. I'm a Kiwi.

Pop in and see the chick on her own :cry:

Contact me at

gvcox@bigpond.com

Regards

Vanessa

memyselfandi

essex

Postby memyselfandi » Thu, 20 Jan 2005 9:51 am

now you got me thinking white shoes girls dancing round there bags, hollywoods , the red lion , romford market place the shopping havent been back there in at least 5 yrs heard its changed a lot

moonlighting

Re: essex

Postby moonlighting » Fri, 21 Jan 2005 10:47 pm

memyselfandi wrote:now you got me thinking white shoes girls dancing round there bags, hollywoods , the red lion , romford market place the shopping havent been back there in at least 5 yrs heard its changed a lot

hia come and meet me at holland village every sunday between 6 or 7 pm and we will have a great time. : :lol:

Dancing Queen

Postby Dancing Queen » Sun, 23 Jan 2005 1:27 am

Sounds like a great idea. not from Essex, Northerner myself 2 children. would love to meet up for a boogie! :D

Nukedoc

Postby Nukedoc » Sun, 23 Jan 2005 4:37 am

is it just for the gals - or would you like some guys to keep you company as well >> I was born in Manchester (thats the only thing English in me - apart from cricket and tea - hehe) and would love some dancing and drinking
nukedoc@hotmail.com

yvonne91

Postby yvonne91 » Mon, 28 Mar 2005 6:42 pm

Hi Marita

Hope you still need more friends to make a crowd. I'm local recently married to a Dane. Don't really have many married friends so would love to meet people with similar interests and sometimes a drink or 2. Do email me at yvonneanthea@yahoo.com and hope we could have a whale of a time!!

FaithJ

Postby FaithJ » Tue, 29 Mar 2005 11:51 pm

Hi Marita,

Was wondering if I could put down my name in your list. :oops: I'm a local soon to be married to a norwegian. Please do email me at joey03@singnet.com.sg

Many thanks. :)

topolina

Re: Expat Wife missing her Essex Girl friends

Postby topolina » Mon, 04 Apr 2005 4:41 pm

Hello Marita

I'm here since 6 weeks and need to go out with other girsl.. just dancing drincking and enjoei the evenings. I'm 32 married but no children and love to dance. Would you mind to send my your email so we can cheque out to meet with other girls somewehre. sorry if my englisch is not so good, by the way i'm a swiss and italian girl.
please email me to torta@bluewin.ch

Marita

Postby Marita » Wed, 19 Oct 2005 11:58 am

:o

Blimey! How rude of me!

I made that post then never followed it up.

Did any of you ever get together?

Have now found some boozy friends, but always keen to make more!

swiss_master

Essex Lasses

Postby swiss_master » Thu, 20 Oct 2005 8:17 pm

I ve always liked hanging out with Lasses from Essex.

A bit Bond and ....

Anyways i did meet one here in Singapore.

It was at the Kaz Bar, and i think she had a thing with the Manager
of Kaz Bar who was also a babe from Mexico, a blonde as well.

Oh boy have i given away too many secrets............

Marita

Postby Marita » Thu, 20 Oct 2005 8:49 pm

Swiss master eh?

Whats that all about??!!!!

swiss_master

Lesbain Liason

Postby swiss_master » Thu, 20 Oct 2005 9:17 pm

I was just talking about a secret Lesbain Liason that i hapenned to witness a few weeks Back

Marita

Postby Marita » Fri, 21 Oct 2005 2:00 pm

Can't have been that secret if you witnessed it!

I meant, what is "swiss master" all about?

Marita

Postby Marita » Fri, 21 Oct 2005 6:46 pm

I'd just like to point out that not all Essex Girls are blonde bimbo's with questionable morals.

Some of us have are brunette.