Singapore Expats Forum

Expat Wife missing her Essex Girl friends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Marita

Expat Wife missing her Essex Girl friends

Postby Marita » Fri, 17 Sep 2004 12:04 pm

Hello

I moved here with my husband and 3 young children about a month ago, and everyone seems to have settled in really well.

But now the move is done, and the pace has calmed down a bit, I find I'm really missing going out with my friends.

I've met lots of new people here, which is great. But because of my situation, they are all married with children, and while they're happy to sit round the pool and share a bottle of wine (which is fab, especially on a Friday afternoon!) they're not keen to have a night out, drinking too much vodka, singing out of tune to Abba records in a cheesey night club.

Are there any like minded people out there? Not quite into the "club" scene, but not ready to hang up their dancing shoes just yet?

I think I need to take off the wife and mother outfit for a while and have a good night out!

Kay2

Postby Kay2 » Tue, 21 Sep 2004 1:35 pm

how goes it Marita? found some friends yet? not so many essex girls here for sure!

Marita

Postby Marita » Tue, 21 Sep 2004 3:13 pm

Hi

I've found a fellow Essex Girl to come to the Blue concert with me on Friday!!

Still would be good to meet some new people, not connected to kids! Even if they're not from Essex.......

dancingbaby

Postby dancingbaby » Wed, 22 Sep 2004 1:11 pm

Hi Marita,

Would love to be in your list of ppl to go either dancing or may it be for drinks. Anything goes. Just to let the hair down and enjoy a friday night out with no worries.

Do contact via email : dancingbaby16@hotmail.com

Don't worry I am not 16 but it is just a number and don't ask me why it is that No. :wink:

Postby Guest » Wed, 22 Sep 2004 3:38 pm

Thanks dancingbaby - you'd fit in well in Essex with a name like that!

My long list of people to go out with now consists of me and you! But its a good start.

Look forward to meeting you.

What kind of music do they play in the New Asia Bar?

Postby Guest » Wed, 22 Sep 2004 4:40 pm

Hi!

Would love to meet up sometime!
girly_vanilla@yahoo.com

Postby Guest » Wed, 22 Sep 2004 6:33 pm

Hurrah! and then there were 3!!

Postby Guest » Tue, 05 Oct 2004 4:10 pm

I'd like to join you guys :D . I'm female too.

Postby Guest » Tue, 05 Oct 2004 4:11 pm

i will email you guys at above emails you attached.

prettycorals

Postby prettycorals » Tue, 05 Oct 2004 4:29 pm

Anonymous wrote:Thanks dancingbaby - you'd fit in well in Essex with a name like that!

My long list of people to go out with now consists of me and you! But its a good start.

Look forward to meeting you.

What kind of music do they play in the New Asia Bar?

they play R&B, top 40's, dance, pretty cool place to let your hair down.

kellymarie

ESSEX GIRLS

Postby kellymarie » Thu, 16 Dec 2004 9:16 am

Hi,

I am fellow and loyal Essex Girl (been here nearly a year) also with family, would love to meet fellow Essex ladies, please email me, .....
kellymarie34h@yahoo.co.uk

Postby Guest » Fri, 17 Dec 2004 9:53 am

New asia bar is not good for essex girls though

polar

Re: Expat Wife missing her Essex Girl friends

Postby polar » Sun, 19 Dec 2004 1:00 am

Hi Marita,

I'm Japanese girl who started to work here from this March. If you don't mind to talk with other than your country girls, can you drop me a mail?

I also like music-anything ok, I really enjoyed watching ABBA musical here the other day!

polar_singapore@hotmail.com

have a nice week,

polar

KC

Me too

Postby KC » Thu, 06 Jan 2005 4:12 pm

:P Different background but same dilemma, I was relocated with my job and a following spouse and no kids but finding it difficult to fit in , having lived in NY prior to Singapore missing my girlfriends for shopping, coffee and girls night out... are you still looking for numbers to make a crowd???

newgirly

Postby newgirly » Thu, 06 Jan 2005 6:27 pm

I arrived on Sunday and haven't a clue where I am most of the time....
Although not true blood, I did live in Leigh on Sea in Essex for the best part of 8 years so my mates say I'm honourary Essex ....anyway, would like to meet anyone that fancies a coffee/beer/wine or all ofthe above and is fed up with their own company.

newgirly1809@hotmail.com