Singapore Expats Forum

Busted???? Re: Blog

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

AussieNewToSing

Busted???? Re: Blog

Postby AussieNewToSing » Thu, 05 Jun 2008 7:11 am

Dear Moderator

I am truly sorry, I was not aware of this Blog rule. This site has been a lifesaver to me, and I would never have knowingly jepoardised my standing in this site...

However...Just for the record, it is the blog of my Fiance, I have NO input whatsoever, I am sure you can see that by the way he writes. His English, being Dutch, is occasionally warped, much like my spelling.

Furthermore, your comment that of course I would find my own Blog interesting I found offensive..I do find his blog interesting, as I am sure others new to Singapore would...and wish I had of had access to such a blog when I moved to Singapore 2 weeks ago, as it was very confusing.

You are correct in that I should have been more transparent when I placed the post, but I thought it would have sounded trite. "Oh check out my boyfriends Blog" he is a highly travelled executive and a really great writer.

If I was trying to be deceptive why would I use my own name and posting name? I adore this site, and it has been a lifesaver to me over the past month since I found out we were moving to Singapre and these trying first couple of weeks.

I am not sure that this post will last more than two minutes on the forum? And I am curious, when you try to "catch" people out like you "think" you did me, why could you not have just removed post and spoken to me privately?

Your sincerely

Olivia

Yours sincerely,

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Thu, 05 Jun 2008 8:15 am

I actually did manage to have a quick look at the blog and found it quite interesting, unfortunately I can't read the rest of it now as I didn't save the link.

AussieNewToSing

Good intentions..

Postby AussieNewToSing » Thu, 05 Jun 2008 8:30 am

Last edited by AussieNewToSing on Sun, 31 Aug 2008 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jeppo
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Jeppo » Thu, 05 Jun 2008 8:48 am

Saint,

Don't you have a history in your browser? If you've been to one page of the site it should still be there.

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Thu, 05 Jun 2008 9:55 am

Ok Lah but if any advertisement must delete meh
Be Like Water

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 05 Jun 2008 10:06 am

Why not just put it in your signature as the message that was put in the original post suggested? That way no problems.

cutiebutie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby cutiebutie » Thu, 05 Jun 2008 3:27 pm

he is a highly travelled executive and a really great writer.

But he's still Dutch. :wink:
- Thank God for Darwin -

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Thu, 05 Jun 2008 3:52 pm

Jeppo wrote:Saint,

Don't you have a history in your browser? If you've been to one page of the site it should still be there.

Not a work I'm afraid Jeppo

AussieNewToSing

Yes, he is still Dutch...

Postby AussieNewToSing » Thu, 05 Jun 2008 8:34 pm

But lets not hold that against him, like he remind me, his countrymaen not only discovered my damn country (Australia) and rejected it... they also discovered Singapore...

Signing off...And thanks for all the advice Re: MY FIANCES Blog@!$*%^#

cutiebutie
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Yes, he is still Dutch...

Postby cutiebutie » Thu, 05 Jun 2008 8:52 pm

AussieNewToSing wrote:But lets not hold that against him, like he remind me, his countrymaen not only discovered my damn country (Australia) and rejected it... they also discovered Singapore...

Signing off...And thanks for all the advice Re: MY FIANCES Blog@!$*%^#

Your husband reminds you that his 'countrymen' discovered Australia? And Singapore? And he rejected both? Does he think highly of himself and his little country beneath the sea? Does he live in the past or glorify himself in the present through the past?

Is your husband's name Superglide?

(oh, I do love playing 20 questions! :D :) :D
- Thank God for Darwin -

Jeppo
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Jeppo » Fri, 06 Jun 2008 8:49 am

Saint wrote:
Jeppo wrote:Saint,

Not a work I'm afraid Jeppo

So you have one of those nazi admins, huh? My network admin here is one, and not very smart either. He wouldn't even put anti-virus on my computer for an extremely dumb reason, but I found a way around it :D

Petales Soufflez!
Regular
Regular

Postby Petales Soufflez! » Mon, 09 Jun 2008 8:48 pm

Just read your boy's blog, thanks for sharing!

One of my oldest friends works in StarHub too.

Hope he'll enjoy his few years working and living in Singapore.

Tell him to keep blogging, vive les bloggers! :D
Je pense donc je suis. Le reste du temps, je ne suis qu'une fleur.

EADG
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Yes, he is still Dutch...

Postby EADG » Mon, 09 Jun 2008 9:58 pm

EADG wrote:from your posts seems like you prefer to play Pin The Tail On The Dutchman

cutiebutie wrote:Your husband reminds you that his 'countrymen' discovered Australia? And Singapore? And he rejected both? Does he think highly of himself and his little country beneath the sea? Does he live in the past or glorify himself in the present through the past?

Is your husband's name Superglide?

(oh, I do love playing 20 questions! :D :) :D
Last edited by EADG on Mon, 09 Jun 2008 10:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ape Shall Not Kill Ape