Singapore Expats Forum

uniform fitting

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
izzah

uniform fitting

Postby izzah » Tue, 03 Jun 2008 7:51 pm

will the be very serious during the uniform fitting? as in will they be very particular on scars/scratches like hw sia does? worried bout that..

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Re: uniform fitting

Postby queenie-me » Tue, 03 Jun 2008 9:56 pm

izzah wrote:will the be very serious during the uniform fitting? as in will they be very particular on scars/scratches like hw sia does? worried bout that..

ermmm... if you have read all the threads on all the airlines, you might know.
Different people different feeling of strictness.
Why don't you just go ahead with it? that's what I did.

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Postby singaporegrrl » Wed, 04 Jun 2008 1:30 am

There's no point asking coz nobody can answer this. When I went for the uniform fitting in August 2005, I was assuming it was because of my scars on my arms. I've tried and tried again but never made it to the uniform fitting round. In August 2006 finally, I reached uniform fitting again for the second time with the same scars I had a year before but I made it all the way and started my flying career. I'm sorry for you but some questions just cannot be answered. The only way is for you to find out for yourself.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

Plavt
Director
Director

Postby Plavt » Wed, 04 Jun 2008 3:20 am

singaporegrrl wrote:There's no point asking coz nobody can answer this. When I went for the uniform fitting in August 2005, I was assuming it was because of my scars on my arms. I've tried and tried again but never made it to the uniform fitting round. In August 2006 finally, I reached uniform fitting again for the second time with the same scars I had a year before but I made it all the way and started my flying career. I'm sorry for you but some questions just cannot be answered. The only way is for you to find out for yourself.

You are right one cannot tell what will happen; maybe it is because of the management or interviewers decisions or maybe they are more short of staff than normal. On the other hand they could be looking for people more likely to remain in the job than leave after the first few months. As you imply one doesn't know the company's criteria.