Singapore Expats Forum

American couple looking for other couples to hang out

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
nkn1129

American couple looking for other couples to hang out

Postby nkn1129 » Sat, 31 May 2008 4:34 pm

My Husband and I have been here about a year from Los Angeles. We are looking for some other married couple in late 20's to hang out. Anyone here?

jandj303

Postby jandj303 » Tue, 08 Jul 2008 5:28 pm

Hi - I know this is a month later, but my husband and I just arrived here (we're from Denver) and would be interested in hanging out if you still are. We're in our late 20's as well (well he's 30 now I guess!).

rockchalkinsing

hello

Postby rockchalkinsing » Wed, 09 Jul 2008 5:18 pm

Hi, my husband and I are from Kansas and are in our mid-20's. He's been in Singapore for about a year and I just joined him in May. We'd love to find other couples to do things with.

jandj303

hi

Postby jandj303 » Wed, 09 Jul 2008 6:15 pm

Hi rockchalkinsing - I can't PM because I'm too new to the forums, but we'd be interested in meeting if you guys want to. Maybe lunch on the weekend or dinner next week sometime?

rockchalkinsing

hello

Postby rockchalkinsing » Wed, 09 Jul 2008 6:35 pm

We be able to do a dinner on Saturday or a lunch on Sunday. What do you guys have in mind? We've been to a few restaurants around Singapore, but are always up to try new ones.

jandj303

Postby jandj303 » Thu, 10 Jul 2008 8:40 am

Sunday sounds great - maybe we could do lunch or brunch? What neighborhood are you guys in? We're pretty open to suggestions - don't know that much about good restaurants yet since we just got here. - Jeni

rockchalkinsing

hello

Postby rockchalkinsing » Thu, 10 Jul 2008 8:51 pm

How about a late lunch on Sunday? We live in northern Singapore and there's not much around here. We usually travel a bit on the MRT to get anywhere. What kind of cuisine are you guys into? Are you thinking of doing Asian-style or finding American comfort food? We know some good places for either. Where do you guys live?

jandj303

Postby jandj303 » Thu, 10 Jul 2008 9:26 pm

A late lunch is great. We live on Orange Grove Road, just off of Orchard Rd., so there's tons of stuff around here. Maybe we could plan to meet at the Orchard Rd. MRT stop and go from there? We would be open to Asian or American. I know there's the Crossroads Cafe in the Marriott right there, but we're definitely open to any recommendations you guys have. How does 1:00 sound?

rockchalkinsing

hello

Postby rockchalkinsing » Thu, 10 Jul 2008 10:38 pm

1:00 sounds good. We're down for whatever as well. We know of a great Brazilian BBQ place, but know some other places also. Let's play it by ear. So are we just meeting at the MRT stop or somewhere close by? Here's my email address because I've heard of creepy people showing up to things they read on here.

singaporejhawk@gmail.com

Let's plan through that. Hope to hear from you soon!

jandj303

Postby jandj303 » Fri, 11 Jul 2008 3:34 pm

Hi - just wanted to let you know I sent you an email! :)

nkn1129

Please email me

Postby nkn1129 » Sun, 10 Aug 2008 9:55 am

Hey guys,

Sorry for late response! If you can email me at t1c52002 @ gmail.com. would love to meet up with any other couples from the States. As notated below we are from Los Angeles.

cheers,

Crystal