Found Fine art in Singapore

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Sat, 31 May 2008 5:19 pm

QRM wrote:Funny I was walking past the shop and popped in, they are not even hand painted oil paint copies, just scanned images printed on canvas like paper, you can still see the pixalisation.

They are OK as a tongue in cheek joke present to someone who is desperate to have a Mona Lisa in the guest toilet.

Thats what called "Fine art" in Sinapore? :shock:
If you are looking for fine art, I know, a manufacturer of frames, his hobby is fine art, of which is very new, to Singapore and not really appreciated yet, very difficult to make a living. hence his move into framing.

QRM
Manager
Manager

Post by QRM » Sun, 01 Jun 2008 12:36 pm

There are a couple of legit galleries here, the MICA building has a few. The ones in the large malls are all legit paintings but overpriced, best bet is to stick with the big international auction houses. chirsties, bonhams, sothebys etc. for fine art.

ntccdomo

Post by ntccdomo » Sun, 01 Jun 2008 1:54 pm

oooo looks like my buy was not such a good one after all haha.. but i guess i was too lazy to go and get something done in china. Anyway i was staring at my pic din seem to be able to see any pixels on it either that or my eyes are getting old. Will definitely go to MICA to look for more. Hopfeully they are as cheap as what i got. :)