Singapore Expats Forum

Comestic and Plastic surgery in Taiwan

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
aneles
Regular
Regular
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon, 14 Jul 2008

Postby aneles » Wed, 17 Dec 2008 3:23 pm

hey gals & guys!

thanks for all the kind well-wishes & hugs!!! I am feeling much better as the days pass. :D

sorry I MIA-ed for the past few days - as I mentioned earlier, I went for my double eyelid revision surgery with Dr Chuang & have been 'blind' past few days cos I cant wear my contact lens OR my specs (all thanks to the cast on my nose & cause the specs to sit weirdly on my face).

removed my cast/splint yesterday & saw my new nose - i honestly cant say how I feel about nose right now.

I do remember I was shocked to see those disgusting white cyst-like acne/pimple spots all over my nose (OMG! i swear I wanted to faint). I reckoned I freaked out more abt the pimples as compared to my nose itself, LOL

at this moment, I wld say that I dont love it or hate it, + its really unfair to Dr Kao if I make any conclusive statement abt it.

My concerns to Dr Kao was that I wished my nose was more lengthened as I can still see my nostrils now. Plus I asked for a more obvious pi-chu (collumella) which I cant see right now. Dr Kao said the tip will come down & my pi-chu shld be obvious after the nose deswell.

I trust Dr Kao so I will remain patient as I continue my road to recovery (it seems to be a long road ahead). I keep telling myself that this is not the nose that I will own in the many months to come after deswelling + self-absorption takes place.

oh, another thing I thought was funny - i asked kitty to take a photo of my nose profile yesterday when Dr Kao was cleaning my nose. & Dr kao actually exclaimed that it was tooo early & not the right time to take any photos yet.

aneles
Regular
Regular
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon, 14 Jul 2008

Re: Rhinoplasty with Dr Kao

Postby aneles » Wed, 17 Dec 2008 3:43 pm

UglyPiglet wrote:
aneles wrote:Hi guys,

I am right now in Taipei! Arrived last week & finally went through my rhino with Dr Kao on the 11th. Going to Dr Chuang tomorrow for my eyes.

Tons to say, lots I went through from these few short days in Taipei - I dont know where to even start writing.

Dont mind my babble right now & will post more when I have composed my thoughts better.

1st & foremost, I need to applaud those that came alone to this foreign country (like recently handsomepiglet aka uglypiglet) - the pain, ordeal tt one goes thru after surgery (esp. autologous rhino OR going thru multiple surgeries), I'm amazed/shocked tt pple went through all that s__t & actually played it down when they wrote about their post-surgery experience.

IMHO, To sum it up - when I woke up straight after surgery - it literally felt like I just got hit by a train.

Did anyone feel pain in their eyes after their surgery? For me, when I woke up from surgery, I was screaming for my eyes as it hurt like F!!! it felt like there was needles poking my eyes constantly - gosh, the pain from the eyes was enough to divert any pain from the nose or rib.

That night was a totally horrifying time for me as there was so much pain. I begged for morphine but was denied.

To those who went thru the same op - did you guys feel similar level of pain OR am i the unlucky one that felt all these torment?

Will write more later when I get more inspiration.

BTW, there was a singapore lady tt was operated by Dr Kao last Wed (10th) & I understand that she is staying here in Kangning Apts - PM me if you wanna meet. :D

Lastly, i want to advise anyone that is planning to do their nose & eyes together - according to Dr Kao & Dr Chuang - it should be the eyes 1st, then the nose. Not the other way around. Kitty & I assumed it was nose then eyes & only after meeting the docs, we realised that we planned it all wrong. Dr Chuang even said that he might not be able to operate on us if we are still swollen on the 5th day after our nose surgery. I just want pple to know abt this so that they are not mislead & avoid wasting their days/time & extra money on accomodation.


U go girl~! The pain was gruesome right after the surgery when I still recalled the stupid nurse :mad: ask me to breathe myself as they remove the oxygen mask from me. Which actually I'm already breathing at my own. Wow my throat at that time was so dry and thirsty and the nurse refuse to let me have a sip but using the damn cotton wool soak with water to moist my lips :mad: But somehow U've to try endure the pain when u visit the toilet that night. After that night, the pain subside. For the sharp pain that u felt on ur eyes, I've not encounter it. Most probably already numb or immune after my dbl eyelid surgery...... Congrats, the very obstacles is cleared, next is rest well for your eyes. Continue to update your condition and progress, gorgeous aneles :)


Yo MR Handsome Garang Piglet!

GOSH! You highlighted another key agony - no drinks or food for 6hrs after surgery - can DIE lor.... my throat felt like I had the worst tonsillitis (sp?) infection, my lips felt like it was going to crack & my stomach was rumbling.

At least your nurse was smart to moist your lips with cotton wool. My nurse handed me some oxygen mist thingy machine & told me to suck on it. That machine is totally useless. In the end, the kindest pple (thank god!) came to my rescue, this lovely lady who was visiting her mother (living in the same ward/room as me) decided she no longer cld bear to see me whining in agony & helped wet my lips with moist Q-tips for the next 6 hrs (bless her good heart!!!).

This kind soul chatted with me thru the night & kept me sane from all those pain. She shared that nurses in the hospitals are not expected to serve patients. If you want someone to assist you, you hire a caretaker (cost abt NT1000 a day). That is how it works in Taiwan.

Infact she said the nurses were considered very kind & helpful to me & she reckons becos I was a foreigner. Her mother didnt get the same service from these nurses.

aneles
Regular
Regular
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon, 14 Jul 2008

Re: Rhinoplasty with Dr Kao

Postby aneles » Wed, 17 Dec 2008 3:49 pm

Moonlight,

I dare ask for morphine as our dear handsome piglet said he was served that lovely painkiller during his ordeal.

However, the nurse told me based on the op I went thru, I dun 'deserve' morphine.

In the end I got some painkiller injection - cant say it was comparable to morphine as I still felt pain & cldnt rest at all.

moonlight_pmdct wrote:Aneles,

why was morphine being denied???? Did they give you any pain medications??? omg this is scary!

I'll see you in Taipei next week!!


aneles wrote:Hi guys,

I am right now in Taipei! Arrived last week & finally went through my rhino with Dr Kao on the 11th. Going to Dr Chuang tomorrow for my eyes.

Tons to say, lots I went through from these few short days in Taipei - I dont know where to even start writing.

Dont mind my babble right now & will post more when I have composed my thoughts better.

1st & foremost, I need to applaud those that came alone to this foreign country (like recently handsomepiglet aka uglypiglet) - the pain, ordeal tt one goes thru after surgery (esp. autologous rhino OR going thru multiple surgeries), I'm amazed/shocked tt pple went through all that s__t & actually played it down when they wrote about their post-surgery experience.

IMHO, To sum it up - when I woke up straight after surgery - it literally felt like I just got hit by a train.

Did anyone feel pain in their eyes after their surgery? For me, when I woke up from surgery, I was screaming for my eyes as it hurt like F!!! it felt like there was needles poking my eyes constantly - gosh, the pain from the eyes was enough to divert any pain from the nose or rib.

That night was a totally horrifying time for me as there was so much pain. I begged for morphine but was denied.

To those who went thru the same op - did you guys feel similar level of pain OR am i the unlucky one that felt all these torment?

Will write more later when I get more inspiration.

BTW, there was a singapore lady tt was operated by Dr Kao last Wed (10th) & I understand that she is staying here in Kangning Apts - PM me if you wanna meet. :D

Lastly, i want to advise anyone that is planning to do their nose & eyes together - according to Dr Kao & Dr Chuang - it should be the eyes 1st, then the nose. Not the other way around. Kitty & I assumed it was nose then eyes & only after meeting the docs, we realised that we planned it all wrong. Dr Chuang even said that he might not be able to operate on us if we are still swollen on the 5th day after our nose surgery. I just want pple to know abt this so that they are not mislead & avoid wasting their days/time & extra money on accomodation.

aneles
Regular
Regular
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon, 14 Jul 2008

Postby aneles » Wed, 17 Dec 2008 3:55 pm

UKorientalgirl -

I would also think its quite a feat for anyone that cant read or speak chinese to go thru PS in Taipei.

I personally do not have problems communicating but I cant read their chinese well.

Thus I felt the barrier arised when I was given chinese documents to sign (like consent forms, hospital entry forms etc). They do not have documents translated to english. So I had to ask the nurse or whoever that is attending to me to read the document to me so that I understood what I was going to sign for.

Another thing I noticed - I suspect the docs write better than they speak in english.

ukorientalgirl wrote:moonlight pmdct,

Please keep us updated on your stay in Taipei, it would be interesting to see how you get on there with the language barrier and getting around etc. I am interested in staying in kang ning apartments also if I go to taipei next year.

Good luck and all the best

x

aneles
Regular
Regular
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon, 14 Jul 2008

Re: Rhinoplasty with Dr Kao

Postby aneles » Wed, 17 Dec 2008 4:13 pm

appletree wrote:
aneles wrote:Hi guys,

I am right now in Taipei! Arrived last week & finally went through my rhino with Dr Kao on the 11th. Going to Dr Chuang tomorrow for my eyes.

Tons to say, lots I went through from these few short days in Taipei - I dont know where to even start writing.

Dont mind my babble right now & will post more when I have composed my thoughts better.

1st & foremost, I need to applaud those that came alone to this foreign country (like recently handsomepiglet aka uglypiglet) - the pain, ordeal tt one goes thru after surgery (esp. autologous rhino OR going thru multiple surgeries), I'm amazed/shocked tt pple went through all that s__t & actually played it down when they wrote about their post-surgery experience.

IMHO, To sum it up - when I woke up straight after surgery - it literally felt like I just got hit by a train.

Did anyone feel pain in their eyes after their surgery? For me, when I woke up from surgery, I was screaming for my eyes as it hurt like F!!! it felt like there was needles poking my eyes constantly - gosh, the pain from the eyes was enough to divert any pain from the nose or rib.

That night was a totally horrifying time for me as there was so much pain. I begged for morphine but was denied.

To those who went thru the same op - did you guys feel similar level of pain OR am i the unlucky one that felt all these torment?

Will write more later when I get more inspiration.

BTW, there was a singapore lady tt was operated by Dr Kao last Wed (10th) & I understand that she is staying here in Kangning Apts - PM me if you wanna meet. :D

Lastly, i want to advise anyone that is planning to do their nose & eyes together - according to Dr Kao & Dr Chuang - it should be the eyes 1st, then the nose. Not the other way around. Kitty & I assumed it was nose then eyes & only after meeting the docs, we realised that we planned it all wrong. Dr Chuang even said that he might not be able to operate on us if we are still swollen on the 5th day after our nose surgery. I just want pple to know abt this so that they are not mislead & avoid wasting their days/time & extra money on accomodation.



Hi Aneles,

so excited for you! :D So what nose did dr kao gave you?

Aneles and kittygirl, handsomepiglet

Congrats on your new nose and finally the surgery is done, speedy recovery ok and rest well. So happy for you guys :D
Must bear with the pain for the moment, it is worthwhile afterall. :)
Do update us on the healing process and pictures ok?

moonlight_,

my nose is healing well, but i accidently bump into my nose this morning... SOB !!!

Anybody has any idea, when can start sleeping on the sideway or consume alcohol?


Hey appletree!

GOod to hear from you! Hope your nose is ok after that bump. I bumped my nose when I was trying to wear my specs & gosh it feels tender. Hope you are healing well too. Not smoking rite???? ;p

to be honest, I am not sure what nose I got - i told kitty i feel it looks like a rojak nose right now (rojak = dont look like any celeb's nose). I asked for something between Michelle Reis & Guan Yin, he said OK, doable. But just at the operating room, he popped out with a few photos from advertisement & asking me what I thought about the tip, height, shape.... oh well, hahahahaha

I am actually starting to sleep sideways - reckon its subconscious. like my brain/body knew I had to sleep straight for the 1st few days so it worked well for the 1st 4 days... & now when I feel better, I notice I wake up to see my body is towards the side.... lol

i will load some pics when I remove my stitches - prob that will be a good time to 'show off' what I have received from Dr Kao hahaha. :D

aneles
Regular
Regular
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon, 14 Jul 2008

Postby aneles » Wed, 17 Dec 2008 4:25 pm

UglyPiglet wrote:wah kittygirl8 u mean u've to share the ward with other 4girls who is doing the same procedures or just only you doing the nose alone and rest is totally not related to PS? I think I'm fortunate to have my own ward with TV and toilet and sofa somemore for my caretaker..... The timing wise is more or less the same abt 4-5hrs bah can't really recall how long Dr Hsu takes but is abt that timing bcos when I was pushed in is already 1pm plus, push out frm the operation room is abt 6pm alrdy...

And you're right i still feel like my nose bridge is quite high, look like witch or Pinocchio esp side views, I'm still hoping my nose tips can deswell and more define. But also mixed feeling, worried that too much absorption become too low not nice, too high also worried, really can't get used to it. Does anyone here feel the same as I am? Really contradicting :(


handsome piglet, you make me so envious now! you were like recovering in high style - lucky boy!!!!

For those doing with Dr Kao - the 'package' that is quoted by him includes a 4-bedder room (with ensuite toilet) accomodation at the hospital.

You can opt to upgrade - If i recall correctly, 2 bedder is like NT$2k+ & the 1 bedder is like NT$3K+. Not sure how much one had to top up if you wanted to upgrade your room...

aneles
Regular
Regular
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon, 14 Jul 2008

Postby aneles » Wed, 17 Dec 2008 4:31 pm

Jocundster wrote:
kittygirl8 wrote:Hi uglypiglet,

You mean you feel the same way too? But you looked absolutely gorgeous!!! Do you mean absorption will occur? What does that mean? Does it mean the high bridge will definitely be lower and that I am not being too paranoid now cos I am seriously feeling very depressed about it..... :(


Hi Kittygirl8,

I did my rhinoplasty with Dr Kao on the 28th Nov~ Don't get worried over the current look right now okie? hahhaa.. to be honest with you, i was abit like "wht E Hell" at first but now after almost 3 wks, the nose bridge and wings has become smaller but not totally there yet. So be patient and wait okie? A Happier girl is the way to a healthier recovery~

i was at a very bad condition after my surgery compare to others, Dr Kao actually gave me more medi~ That was caused by my playfulness, i went to Luxy (clubbing) after my surgery, inhaled 2nd smoke everyday and drank Choya almost everyday. But after he nagged me like my dad, I was more careful and less playful~

I think it will take at leas like 2 mths for a totally de-swell~
Be patient....


Hi Jocundster,

Are you the patient that went partying on the 2nd day after surgery????

Dr Kao's associate doctor (this filipino doc) was telling me that there is this patient that amazed them, can go out dancing & drinking at the disco on the 2nd day - when i heard that, i was like 'wtf??? how on earth is that possible when im still feeling so feeble & barely can walk myself to the toilet???' hahahahaha

You are quite amazing work! But its good to hear that you were able to enjoy yourself during this time - makes me feel shy that I am here whining. ;p

User avatar
mikko_baby80
Regular
Regular
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri, 14 Nov 2008

Re: Face contouring

Postby mikko_baby80 » Wed, 17 Dec 2008 10:42 pm

dimensionspectrum wrote:
You can check out Dr Cai of Miniface..his webby is www.miniface.com.tw
and Dr Chuang. Dr Cai is very very famous in Taiwan and alot of Taiwan gals go to him..i did a thorough research..now still saving up to go!

My friend went to Dr Chuang in the end bcos she was doing other stuff and she thought it wud be easier to do it altogether, not forgetting the discounts that came with it! She loved her results. Oh but in the end, Dr Hsieh of wish clinic did her face shape while Dr Chuang did her nose and eyes and lipo.

Both doctors were very helpful but Dr Cai prefers i go down to see him instead of emailing him so many questions which he says he would not be able to answer me till he sees me and do an X-ray on me... :lol:

There are a few other much raved abt doctors but not in Taipei..there were mixed reviews abt those...so i wouldnt want to take the risks...Yea it's reli a huge operation...i even read abt shaving unevenly for both sides and them having to go back to redo again..oh gosh........

I was quoted about S$11K++ for reducing my cheeks(width) and splitting my jaws(Jaw Splitting Osteotomy..i think that's wad Dr Chuang told me for the name of the procedure)...As for Dr Cai, he quoted me about S$13K++ for the similar procedure....n i was told not to do my nose 1st...bcos they will do your nose according to the face shape....sigh.. So im sooooooooo envious of u all.

Anyway, rest well, drinks lots of water, eat vitamins and wait to be beautiful!!!! Im sure u all are going to do just fine! :D
It's been a long time i visited the forum and so many of u of went for the surgery! *envy*


thanxs so much dimensionspectrum! tat was veri informative, i'll definitely let my fren noe. wow, ur gal fren is veri brave. she did so many procedures. i can't imagine the pain she hv to go through. my gal fren juz did her lipo & it's almost taking the life out of her. perhaps dr cai prefer a face-to-face consultation with u in order to make the rite judgement on wat kind of face shap suits u. yeah, its beta to do more research before making the final decision. anytin to do with face cannot play play. keke.. im sure it'll be ur turn in no time. tyty once again!! :D

kfav9
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun, 14 Dec 2008

Postby kfav9 » Wed, 17 Dec 2008 10:46 pm

dimensionspectrum wrote:
kfav9 wrote:^Is that quote in Singapore Dollars? I'm planning on going to Dr. Chuang as well, for my face and nose. There are mixed reviews about him though about the nose. I'm kind of scared, but you know all doctors are not perfect, so I'm taking a risk. Unless, someone can recommend a doctor or a clinic that's both good in rhinoplasty and face shaping.


Yes in Singdollars. I converted.
Hmmmm...my friend who did rhinoplasty with Dr Chuang...she was very happy but i didnt like it. It looks very westernised...lt's too high, it started at the eyebrow..
But she likes it! Well...personally i wouldnt go to him for rhinoplasty bcos i prefer using ribs instead of the foreign objects.

For face shaping,Dr Hsieh is really caring and professional dr. I also msn him to discuss face shaping with him..He's a little more expensive than Dr Chuang but his english is very good. I think he studied in the states or something. I cant rem. My friend is very happy with it too..and i thought it looks quite good too!

I asked Dr Kao/Dr Hsu and Dr Chuang if i can do my face and nose at the same trip..and they said, unless it's done togther, if not it's a no no...

I only wanted autologous...so Dr Chuang is out(He does it but he charges too high and he doesnt do that too often compared to Dr Hsu and Dr Kao)...that means a separate trip aft the face surgery has deswelled which can be another 6mths later. =(


So that means one can't have both procedures done it one trip? I live in the U.S., and it will be so expensive for me to go back and forth. Also, do Drs. Kao and Hsu do face surgeries as well? I'd rather personally go to Dr. Kao. He seems very good according to people.

User avatar
Jocundster
Member
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed, 02 Jan 2008

Postby Jocundster » Wed, 17 Dec 2008 11:26 pm

kittygirl8 wrote:
Jocundster wrote:
kittygirl8 wrote:Hi uglypiglet,

You mean you feel the same way too? But you looked absolutely gorgeous!!! Do you mean absorption will occur? What does that mean? Does it mean the high bridge will definitely be lower and that I am not being too paranoid now cos I am seriously feeling very depressed about it..... :(


Hi Kittygirl8,

I did my rhinoplasty with Dr Kao on the 28th Nov~ Don't get worried over the current look right now okie? hahhaa.. to be honest with you, i was abit like "wht E Hell" at first but now after almost 3 wks, the nose bridge and wings has become smaller but not totally there yet. So be patient and wait okie? A Happier girl is the way to a healthier recovery~

i was at a very bad condition after my surgery compare to others, Dr Kao actually gave me more medi~ That was caused by my playfulness, i went to Luxy (clubbing) after my surgery, inhaled 2nd smoke everyday and drank Choya almost everyday. But after he nagged me like my dad, I was more careful and less playful~

I think it will take at leas like 2 mths for a totally de-swell~
Be patient....


Hey Jocundster,

Thanks for taking the time to advise me and you're so gungho! I am like still lying on the hospital bed like a dead meat while you have already gone out partying lol! :) I will try to stay positive for now and it definitely helps so much after all your encouragement. I will check with Dr Kao tomorrow on what exactly he has given me for my nose cos mine looks very vertical straight without any gradiant which makes me freak out big time......

Hope you've since recovered well and not so playful anymore ah hehe :)



Hihi Kittygirl8,

You're welcome~ if you want to de-swell or reduce the bruises more after removing the cast, ask Dr Kao if he can make arrangement for the bio light thingy that will helps but that is on our own cost (TWD 200 per treatment/day) because this treatment need to be done at another hospital (san zhong hospital).

Bleeding is like soooo common after the surgery on the first and second day, i remember when i woke up, the blood was already dry and its kinda like a blood pancake on my face (ps: nurses in the hospital is really mean right?) I really appreciate the nurses in Singapore more now~

i went to Taipei alone and luckily there was a very kind lady that was staying in the same ward and she was taking very good care of me when i asked her. *Lucky Me~*

If you want i can send you my pictures, it is still swelling but it will go down in time, i think mine is more like the extreme case based on my bad records~ I read on website for surgery and they mentioned that most of the swelling will go down in 1 month time and the remaining will subsides until 1 year after the surgery. So don't worry~

the Website i read: http://www.realself.com/question/after-rhinoplasty-how-long-should-swelling-last

Hope the information helps~ Take care, go to the strawberry farm(chao mei yuen) or entertainment 100% live show (every tue, 1pm) if you're feeling bored okie? Both areas are in Neihu~ i went and it was fun~ Get a nice mask and walk around okie?


Cheers,
Jo

ukorientalgirl
Regular
Regular
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun, 05 Oct 2008

Postby ukorientalgirl » Thu, 18 Dec 2008 2:33 am

aneles wrote:UKorientalgirl -

I would also think its quite a feat for anyone that cant read or speak chinese to go thru PS in Taipei.

I personally do not have problems communicating but I cant read their chinese well.

Thus I felt the barrier arised when I was given chinese documents to sign (like consent forms, hospital entry forms etc). They do not have documents translated to english. So I had to ask the nurse or whoever that is attending to me to read the document to me so that I understood what I was going to sign for.

Another thing I noticed - I suspect the docs write better than they speak in english.

ukorientalgirl wrote:moonlight pmdct,

Please keep us updated on your stay in Taipei, it would be interesting to see how you get on there with the language barrier and getting around etc. I am interested in staying in kang ning apartments also if I go to taipei next year.

Good luck and all the best

x


hum, this is what puts me off going to Taipei. If language wasn't a problem I wouldn't hesitate to go.....

x

ukorientalgirl
Regular
Regular
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun, 05 Oct 2008

Postby ukorientalgirl » Thu, 18 Dec 2008 2:50 am

Can Dr Kao's nurses speak any english?

x

moonlight_pmdct
Regular
Regular
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun, 09 Dec 2007

Re: Rhinoplasty with Dr Kao

Postby moonlight_pmdct » Thu, 18 Dec 2008 11:19 am

What???!!!! don't deserve it???!!! who says!!! your rib is cut through!!! omg

This is scary and sucks!!!!!!!!

About the results after the surgery, it sounds like no one is satisfied... I'm supposed to go in 3 days but this news just make me :???: :shock: hic hic hic

:(


aneles wrote:Moonlight,

I dare ask for morphine as our dear handsome piglet said he was served that lovely painkiller during his ordeal.

However, the nurse told me based on the op I went thru, I dun 'deserve' morphine.

In the end I got some painkiller injection - cant say it was comparable to morphine as I still felt pain & cldnt rest at all.

moonlight_pmdct wrote:Aneles,

why was morphine being denied???? Did they give you any pain medications??? omg this is scary!

I'll see you in Taipei next week!!


aneles wrote:Hi guys,

I am right now in Taipei! Arrived last week & finally went through my rhino with Dr Kao on the 11th. Going to Dr Chuang tomorrow for my eyes.

Tons to say, lots I went through from these few short days in Taipei - I dont know where to even start writing.

Dont mind my babble right now & will post more when I have composed my thoughts better.

1st & foremost, I need to applaud those that came alone to this foreign country (like recently handsomepiglet aka uglypiglet) - the pain, ordeal tt one goes thru after surgery (esp. autologous rhino OR going thru multiple surgeries), I'm amazed/shocked tt pple went through all that s__t & actually played it down when they wrote about their post-surgery experience.

IMHO, To sum it up - when I woke up straight after surgery - it literally felt like I just got hit by a train.

Did anyone feel pain in their eyes after their surgery? For me, when I woke up from surgery, I was screaming for my eyes as it hurt like F!!! it felt like there was needles poking my eyes constantly - gosh, the pain from the eyes was enough to divert any pain from the nose or rib.

That night was a totally horrifying time for me as there was so much pain. I begged for morphine but was denied.

To those who went thru the same op - did you guys feel similar level of pain OR am i the unlucky one that felt all these torment?

Will write more later when I get more inspiration.

BTW, there was a singapore lady tt was operated by Dr Kao last Wed (10th) & I understand that she is staying here in Kangning Apts - PM me if you wanna meet. :D

Lastly, i want to advise anyone that is planning to do their nose & eyes together - according to Dr Kao & Dr Chuang - it should be the eyes 1st, then the nose. Not the other way around. Kitty & I assumed it was nose then eyes & only after meeting the docs, we realised that we planned it all wrong. Dr Chuang even said that he might not be able to operate on us if we are still swollen on the 5th day after our nose surgery. I just want pple to know abt this so that they are not mislead & avoid wasting their days/time & extra money on accomodation.

User avatar
kittygirl8
Regular
Regular
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon, 05 May 2008

Postby kittygirl8 » Thu, 18 Dec 2008 11:30 am

Jocundster wrote:
kittygirl8 wrote:
Jocundster wrote:
kittygirl8 wrote:Hi uglypiglet,

You mean you feel the same way too? But you looked absolutely gorgeous!!! Do you mean absorption will occur? What does that mean? Does it mean the high bridge will definitely be lower and that I am not being too paranoid now cos I am seriously feeling very depressed about it..... :(


Hi Kittygirl8,

I did my rhinoplasty with Dr Kao on the 28th Nov~ Don't get worried over the current look right now okie? hahhaa.. to be honest with you, i was abit like "wht E Hell" at first but now after almost 3 wks, the nose bridge and wings has become smaller but not totally there yet. So be patient and wait okie? A Happier girl is the way to a healthier recovery~

i was at a very bad condition after my surgery compare to others, Dr Kao actually gave me more medi~ That was caused by my playfulness, i went to Luxy (clubbing) after my surgery, inhaled 2nd smoke everyday and drank Choya almost everyday. But after he nagged me like my dad, I was more careful and less playful~

I think it will take at leas like 2 mths for a totally de-swell~
Be patient....


Hey Jocundster,

Thanks for taking the time to advise me and you're so gungho! I am like still lying on the hospital bed like a dead meat while you have already gone out partying lol! :) I will try to stay positive for now and it definitely helps so much after all your encouragement. I will check with Dr Kao tomorrow on what exactly he has given me for my nose cos mine looks very vertical straight without any gradiant which makes me freak out big time......

Hope you've since recovered well and not so playful anymore ah hehe :)



Hihi Kittygirl8,

You're welcome~ if you want to de-swell or reduce the bruises more after removing the cast, ask Dr Kao if he can make arrangement for the bio light thingy that will helps but that is on our own cost (TWD 200 per treatment/day) because this treatment need to be done at another hospital (san zhong hospital).

Bleeding is like soooo common after the surgery on the first and second day, i remember when i woke up, the blood was already dry and its kinda like a blood pancake on my face (ps: nurses in the hospital is really mean right?) I really appreciate the nurses in Singapore more now~

i went to Taipei alone and luckily there was a very kind lady that was staying in the same ward and she was taking very good care of me when i asked her. *Lucky Me~*

If you want i can send you my pictures, it is still swelling but it will go down in time, i think mine is more like the extreme case based on my bad records~ I read on website for surgery and they mentioned that most of the swelling will go down in 1 month time and the remaining will subsides until 1 year after the surgery. So don't worry~

the Website i read: http://www.realself.com/question/after-rhinoplasty-how-long-should-swelling-last

Hope the information helps~ Take care, go to the strawberry farm(chao mei yuen) or entertainment 100% live show (every tue, 1pm) if you're feeling bored okie? Both areas are in Neihu~ i went and it was fun~ Get a nice mask and walk around okie?


Cheers,
Jo


Thanks Jo, its so so nice of you for all the encouragement. I do feel slightly better now, especially after my consulation with Dr Kao just an hour ago. He showed me a picture of what my nose will look like after all the de-swelling cos honestly, it really look so bolbous now like a freak that I can't imagine how it actually should look like. He also commented I looked very different after my eyelid surgery and epi and looked kinda amused hehe.....I really wonder how my mum is gonna react when I knocked at her door when I'm back to SG. She will probably think I'm some foreigner and slam the door at me lol :)

Thanks for all the advise Jo, it's really very informative. Yes, I plan to do as much light therapy as possible before I return home next week, hopefully it will help to reduce it asap. Dr Kao also mentioned that 'Wu Kong Cao' really helps to de-swell alot alot, so Aneles and I are planning to get some before we return. I will get my mummy dearest to boil for me, not too sure how this kinda traddtional medicine is supposed to be brew. Is your de-swelling getting better now? Let me know if you would like to get any of those, I can bring back some for you. :)

Yeah, I do agree with your views about the nurse. They do respond whenever you press the bell, but they do not go outta the way to help lor, and extremely business like. There is one particular nurse who is extremely mean - she was like shouting over the intercom and demanded to know what I want when I press the bell for help to go to the toilet and she has the cheek to ask me can't i get up myself and i was thinking WTF, if I can, why do I still need to press the bell. A minute later, she walked in and demanded again why can't i get up myself - and immediately I feel like shouting back at her and said WTF again, what is your problem, but I stopped myself cos she is NOT worth it for me to get agitated about and I dont want to aggrevate my rib wound. I mean I really cant understand how someone can be so mean - especially a nurse at that. :roll:

YES, YES!! Can you please send me your pics via PM? I would love to see it. And you're so lucky to have kind soul to look after you while you were hospitalised. I was all alone in a room of 4 beds once Aneles and the 'chicken wing' auntie patient was discharged on my 2nd day....

Okay I will be a good girl and dutifully wear my mask and sunglasses too ... you take care too ok, no wonder chionging for now har hehe....:)
Closest buddy- Cold pack
Most intimate pal - Q-tip
Biggest dilemma - Identity crisis
Worst enemies - Comedy, funny tawainese talk show

kaka
Regular
Regular
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri, 15 Dec 2006

Postby kaka » Thu, 18 Dec 2008 3:25 pm

aww kittygirl will I get to see you in Taipei?


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest