Singapore Expats Forum

Comestic and Plastic surgery in Taiwan

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
dimensionspectrum
Regular
Regular
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue, 23 Oct 2007
Location: Singapore

Face contouring

Postby dimensionspectrum » Tue, 16 Dec 2008 9:25 pm

zzzz wrote:
mikko_baby80 wrote:
zzzz wrote::D thanks 4 da info mikko_baby80
I read on other thread about Dr kim also do face reshaping, but don't know which doc is better ler.


ya most welcome~ :wink:

i believe u r talking abt Dr Kim Byung Gun. he's quite a reputable PS. all i noe is tat he often comes to Spore & gives free consultation. he's an SPR now & believe will be setting up his own clinic in sg soon. his latest visit was on 30nov08 i believe. did u get to see him? im not sure how gd he is but seems like many ppl find him for various surgery so i believe he has wat it takes. take ur time to do more research. to me, face reshaping is quite a major op. gd luck in ur research ya~ :D


but his price is very high, it's out of my budget.
Works seen here by dr chuang and dr su are amazing!!
if there any good surgeon that specialize in face coutouring in taiwan?


You can check out Dr Cai of Miniface..his webby is www.miniface.com.tw
and Dr Chuang. Dr Cai is very very famous in Taiwan and alot of Taiwan gals go to him..i did a thorough research..now still saving up to go!

My friend went to Dr Chuang in the end bcos she was doing other stuff and she thought it wud be easier to do it altogether, not forgetting the discounts that came with it! She loved her results. Oh but in the end, Dr Hsieh of wish clinic did her face shape while Dr Chuang did her nose and eyes and lipo.

Both doctors were very helpful but Dr Cai prefers i go down to see him instead of emailing him so many questions which he says he would not be able to answer me till he sees me and do an X-ray on me... :lol:

There are a few other much raved abt doctors but not in Taipei..there were mixed reviews abt those...so i wouldnt want to take the risks...Yea it's reli a huge operation...i even read abt shaving unevenly for both sides and them having to go back to redo again..oh gosh........

I was quoted about S$11K++ for reducing my cheeks(width) and splitting my jaws(Jaw Splitting Osteotomy..i think that's wad Dr Chuang told me for the name of the procedure)...As for Dr Cai, he quoted me about S$13K++ for the similar procedure....n i was told not to do my nose 1st...bcos they will do your nose according to the face shape....sigh.. So im sooooooooo envious of u all.

Anyway, rest well, drinks lots of water, eat vitamins and wait to be beautiful!!!! Im sure u all are going to do just fine! :D
It's been a long time i visited the forum and so many of u of went for the surgery! *envy*

kfav9
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun, 14 Dec 2008

Postby kfav9 » Tue, 16 Dec 2008 10:18 pm

^Is that quote in Singapore Dollars? I'm planning on going to Dr. Chuang as well, for my face and nose. There are mixed reviews about him though about the nose. I'm kind of scared, but you know all doctors are not perfect, so I'm taking a risk. Unless, someone can recommend a doctor or a clinic that's both good in rhinoplasty and face shaping.

User avatar
kittygirl8
Regular
Regular
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon, 05 May 2008

Postby kittygirl8 » Tue, 16 Dec 2008 10:43 pm

moonlight_pmdct wrote:
kittygirl8 wrote:Did anyone of you experience hair loss after the surgery or know if GA will result in such side effect? I noticed this bald patch on my head jus a minute ago which doesnt exist at all before the surgery and its kinda freaking me out. Anyone knows please advise. Thanks.

Kitty x



Kitty,

I don't think GA is supposed to cause baldness. Is it a patch that is bald or you can see your hair on the whole head falling off one by one? one of the thing that I can think of is that during the operation, they might have used tape to secure your head or appointment and then they accidently torn your hair off. hmmm that's one theory, but I think you better ask Dr. Kao.

Good luck and let us know!!! I'm kinda scared too!


Hey Feline.eyes, Moonlight & Appletree,

Thank you gals for taking the time to advise me, you gals are so sweet! :)
It seems to be this small little bald patch at the top of my head but after I went to the hair salon this morning, it seems like hair stylist was able to style it such a way that it was being covered by my hair and is not so abvious now. I asked her if she thinks I'm losing hair and she said doesnt look like it - I guess I will monitor for a while and hope it will just be a temporary thingy....will keep you gals posted on this....thanks & big hugzzzz! :)
Closest buddy- Cold pack
Most intimate pal - Q-tip
Biggest dilemma - Identity crisis
Worst enemies - Comedy, funny tawainese talk show

User avatar
kittygirl8
Regular
Regular
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon, 05 May 2008

Postby kittygirl8 » Tue, 16 Dec 2008 11:01 pm

tobehunk wrote:
kittygirl8 wrote:The Pain

Strangely, I started to feel the same pricking pain in my left eyes as what Aneles has experienced. It is truly the most agonising pain, so much so that it over shadowed the other pain from the rib and the stuffed up nose.

I was told by the nurse that we're not allowed to drink any water or take any food at least 6 hours after the surgery to avoid bleeding to the internal organs. (To 'Ugly/Super/handsome piglet', probably this is the reason why the nurse wouldnt give you water when you requested and its truly argonising especially when we would have fasted for like over 10 over hours since the night before and have to endure another 6 more hours after surgery)

The worst part is when I try to move my body and that's only when I experience the full extent of the pain from the right side, where the rib was harvested. The only word that I can describe the pain is that it felt that a part of me has been ripped/sawed off. Even a little thing like swallowing and coughing is enough to hurt the hell of of you, thus I cant imagine who those other forummer who had talked about vomitting. Other than that, the nose will keep dripping blood like mine did, its really like a pool of tap water, except its your own blood that is oozing out.
Coughing out or swallowing the phlegm is a major feat too as it will send ripple of pain to the rib area. Trying to get any sleep is difficult too as the nose will either be too stuffed up that you can't even breathe, or it would be constantly dripping with blood.

Caretaker

I would strongly suggest anyone who is planning to do rhinoplasty via rib harvesting to either have someone close to you to come along, or please employ a caretaker cos for the first two days, you would probably be 'paralysed', especially the part when you need to get up to go to the bathroom. It is impossible to get up on your own cos the pain for that little small act is enough to kill you. (so dun ever take little normal act of getting out of bed every morning for granted now ;))

What we slowly learned is to try to get up via using the left hand and the left side of your body, but that too need some skill. So for anyone planning to do this, please 'practise; getting up from the bed every morning for at least 3 mths prior to the surgery if you tend to get up via the right side, but then again, I wonder if that would help much cos the pain can be so argonising, even a mere act of moving your body is painful. The pain however would somehow dissipate if you manage to find the 'right angle' and remain at that which would make the pain from the rib seem somewhat lessen.

Well some may say that the nurse would probably be able to help on this, but somehow or rather, it doesnt seem to be the 'duty' of the nurses over here to do so. They do of course help one to get up and etc when you asked but they would not go out of the way to help you and seemed somewhat 'business like' if that's the right way to put it. My experience was for a few times, they would help you to get up, some doesnt and just stand and watch you struggle, or other times they 'disappear' after helping you get up from bed, and you would have to make your own way to the bathroom and back. With the drip on one hand where you also need to pull along the big metal stand where the drip is hung on, it also makes getting around rather immobile. So folks, dont expect any 'Japanese fantasy nurses here lol.

It would help to bring along a straw for drinking, lip gross for the dry and cracked lip and a small compact mirror where it helps to see better when you are cleaning the inside of the nose with the q-tip while in bed cos the nurse aint gonna help on that either. Its good to bring along 2 packs of ice pack so you dont have to wait for it to freeze up all the time. Of course it would be good if the hospital can provide.


OH.MY.GOD......wow... kittygirl8... really have to thank you for the very detailed experience... very good... really gives us who wan to do the rib graft surgery some thots.... i think i can speak most of us here.. we appreciate your details... at least it will help us mentally n physically prepared to if we wan to do the rib graft path.... BIG THANKS!!

ur description of the pain ordeal really scares me... and im a guy... hahah... but at least i know how bad it can get...

some thots... did dr hsu tell u what nose will he be trying to achieve for you?
i notice ur rib graft was also on the right side - same as uglypiglet. any reason y?

when they operate on u to take the rib, was it the same day they did the nose as well? cant u rest a few days before the nose after the rib ops?

and wat type of rooms did u stay in the hopital? i mean was there like type a or b ... share with how many ppe? or can u have a room all by ur self? and how much the cost?

lastly, really get well soon!! and post up the pics for us to see... its so scarey hearing how much pain u guys have to go thru... so its better to see the after of the surgery to make it worth while...

GET WELL SOON OK?!! AND SPEDDY RECOVERY!!


Hi Tobehunk,

Thanks for your kind thoughts, appreciate that.

The reason I shared my experience and had written a very detailed one as I hope that those who are planning to go down this path - that is with rib harvesting, are mentally and physically prepared with it. It is definitely an ordeal - well at least for me - and I hope whatever I shared with serve as some form of guidance for anyone else who needs it.

To answer your question, Dr Kao was the one who did my nose, not Dr Hsu. To be honest, I am unsure why it was taken from the right hand side of the body and yes both the rib and rhinoplasty was performed on the same day - that is why it took 5 long hours or more as compared to other such as silicon implant etc. I stayed in a room with 4 other patients and understandably it is also much cheaper. I understand they do have others that comes with 2 rooms with TV throw in but I am unsure about the price. The package quoted by Dr Kao for me includes 2 days hospitalisation stay so I can't advise you exactly what is the room charges.

Kitty x
Last edited by kittygirl8 on Tue, 16 Dec 2008 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Closest buddy- Cold pack

Most intimate pal - Q-tip

Biggest dilemma - Identity crisis

Worst enemies - Comedy, funny tawainese talk show

User avatar
kittygirl8
Regular
Regular
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon, 05 May 2008

Postby kittygirl8 » Tue, 16 Dec 2008 11:12 pm

To those who has done rhinoplasty via rib,

I have just had my follow up consultation with Dr Kao and when the cast was removed for the first time since my surgery last week, to be honest, I was very tramautised by what I see in the mirror. The bridge between my eyes seems to be way too high for comfort and it makes my profile and my face looks like an alien with a witchy look. Does anyone of you face this similar thing before?

Will the bridge go down any further? I was hoping that it is way too high due to the swelling, otherwise I really dunno how I could ever live to see myself again.

Sob :(
Closest buddy- Cold pack

Most intimate pal - Q-tip

Biggest dilemma - Identity crisis

Worst enemies - Comedy, funny tawainese talk show

UglyPiglet
Member
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat, 18 Oct 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby UglyPiglet » Wed, 17 Dec 2008 12:02 am

wah kittygirl8 u mean u've to share the ward with other 4girls who is doing the same procedures or just only you doing the nose alone and rest is totally not related to PS? I think I'm fortunate to have my own ward with TV and toilet and sofa somemore for my caretaker..... The timing wise is more or less the same abt 4-5hrs bah can't really recall how long Dr Hsu takes but is abt that timing bcos when I was pushed in is already 1pm plus, push out frm the operation room is abt 6pm alrdy...

And you're right i still feel like my nose bridge is quite high, look like witch or Pinocchio esp side views, I'm still hoping my nose tips can deswell and more define. But also mixed feeling, worried that too much absorption become too low not nice, too high also worried, really can't get used to it. Does anyone here feel the same as I am? Really contradicting :(

User avatar
kittygirl8
Regular
Regular
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon, 05 May 2008

Postby kittygirl8 » Wed, 17 Dec 2008 12:10 am

Hi uglypiglet,

You mean you feel the same way too? But you looked absolutely gorgeous!!! Do you mean absorption will occur? What does that mean? Does it mean the high bridge will definitely be lower and that I am not being too paranoid now cos I am seriously feeling very depressed about it..... :(
Closest buddy- Cold pack

Most intimate pal - Q-tip

Biggest dilemma - Identity crisis

Worst enemies - Comedy, funny tawainese talk show

User avatar
mikko_baby80
Regular
Regular
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri, 14 Nov 2008

Postby mikko_baby80 » Wed, 17 Dec 2008 12:21 am

thanxs for all the detailed info fr kittygirl & aneles! sounds like an extremely bad nightmare but finally all is over. hope u gals are coping well now. *BeaR HuGz* im getting so frighten. my day will be on 27feb. hope i'll pull through like the rest of u did. wishing all gals & guys get well soon!

boii18
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 609
Joined: Fri, 04 Jan 2008

Postby boii18 » Wed, 17 Dec 2008 12:43 am

UglyPiglet wrote:wah kittygirl8 u mean u've to share the ward with other 4girls who is doing the same procedures or just only you doing the nose alone and rest is totally not related to PS? I think I'm fortunate to have my own ward with TV and toilet and sofa somemore for my caretaker..... The timing wise is more or less the same abt 4-5hrs bah can't really recall how long Dr Hsu takes but is abt that timing bcos when I was pushed in is already 1pm plus, push out frm the operation room is abt 6pm alrdy...

And you're right i still feel like my nose bridge is quite high, look like witch or Pinocchio esp side views, I'm still hoping my nose tips can deswell and more define. But also mixed feeling, worried that too much absorption become too low not nice, too high also worried, really can't get used to it. Does anyone here feel the same as I am? Really contradicting :(


Hi your bridge is now not exactly very very high, as it is below the eyelid line, and it will get lower. Trust me its fine, you're just not used to it.
lip lift (somyos) - sept09, eyes, lip redn in taipei - dec09

User avatar
Jocundster
Member
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed, 02 Jan 2008

Postby Jocundster » Wed, 17 Dec 2008 12:50 am

kittygirl8 wrote:Hi uglypiglet,

You mean you feel the same way too? But you looked absolutely gorgeous!!! Do you mean absorption will occur? What does that mean? Does it mean the high bridge will definitely be lower and that I am not being too paranoid now cos I am seriously feeling very depressed about it..... :(


Hi Kittygirl8,

I did my rhinoplasty with Dr Kao on the 28th Nov~ Don't get worried over the current look right now okie? hahhaa.. to be honest with you, i was abit like "wht E Hell" at first but now after almost 3 wks, the nose bridge and wings has become smaller but not totally there yet. So be patient and wait okie? A Happier girl is the way to a healthier recovery~

i was at a very bad condition after my surgery compare to others, Dr Kao actually gave me more medi~ That was caused by my playfulness, i went to Luxy (clubbing) after my surgery, inhaled 2nd smoke everyday and drank Choya almost everyday. But after he nagged me like my dad, I was more careful and less playful~

I think it will take at leas like 2 mths for a totally de-swell~
Be patient....

moonlight_pmdct
Regular
Regular
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun, 09 Dec 2007

Postby moonlight_pmdct » Wed, 17 Dec 2008 9:59 am

Kittygirl,
From what I have read about others' experiences so far, yes the height of the bridge does go down.

But from what you just described, it scares me!!!!! lolz I have to get back to work/school in a very short amount of time and definitely do not wanna to look like an alien!

kittygirl8 wrote:To those who has done rhinoplasty via rib,

I have just had my follow up consultation with Dr Kao and when the cast was removed for the first time since my surgery last week, to be honest, I was very tramautised by what I see in the mirror. The bridge between my eyes seems to be way too high for comfort and it makes my profile and my face looks like an alien with a witchy look. Does anyone of you face this similar thing before?

Will the bridge go down any further? I was hoping that it is way too high due to the swelling, otherwise I really dunno how I could ever live to see myself again.

Sob :(

UglyPiglet
Member
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat, 18 Oct 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby UglyPiglet » Wed, 17 Dec 2008 11:26 am

boii18 wrote:
UglyPiglet wrote:wah kittygirl8 u mean u've to share the ward with other 4girls who is doing the same procedures or just only you doing the nose alone and rest is totally not related to PS? I think I'm fortunate to have my own ward with TV and toilet and sofa somemore for my caretaker..... The timing wise is more or less the same abt 4-5hrs bah can't really recall how long Dr Hsu takes but is abt that timing bcos when I was pushed in is already 1pm plus, push out frm the operation room is abt 6pm alrdy...

And you're right i still feel like my nose bridge is quite high, look like witch or Pinocchio esp side views, I'm still hoping my nose tips can deswell and more define. But also mixed feeling, worried that too much absorption become too low not nice, too high also worried, really can't get used to it. Does anyone here feel the same as I am? Really contradicting :(


Hi your bridge is now not exactly very very high, as it is below the eyelid line, and it will get lower. Trust me its fine, you're just not used to it.


I think I'm still not use to it., well did tell u initially i request for much higher one at eyebrow level but Dr Hsu say unnatural refuse to do. I'm glad he did that, otherwise I'm a freek by now and will be troubled again....

kittygirl8>>>yeap don't worry about it, the bridge will get lower at least 5%-15% read thru something about absorption on rib for nose surgery. I hope is true then, both U and I will look better :)

dimensionspectrum
Regular
Regular
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue, 23 Oct 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby dimensionspectrum » Wed, 17 Dec 2008 2:02 pm

kfav9 wrote:^Is that quote in Singapore Dollars? I'm planning on going to Dr. Chuang as well, for my face and nose. There are mixed reviews about him though about the nose. I'm kind of scared, but you know all doctors are not perfect, so I'm taking a risk. Unless, someone can recommend a doctor or a clinic that's both good in rhinoplasty and face shaping.


Yes in Singdollars. I converted.
Hmmmm...my friend who did rhinoplasty with Dr Chuang...she was very happy but i didnt like it. It looks very westernised...lt's too high, it started at the eyebrow..
But she likes it! Well...personally i wouldnt go to him for rhinoplasty bcos i prefer using ribs instead of the foreign objects.

For face shaping,Dr Hsieh is really caring and professional dr. I also msn him to discuss face shaping with him..He's a little more expensive than Dr Chuang but his english is very good. I think he studied in the states or something. I cant rem. My friend is very happy with it too..and i thought it looks quite good too!

I asked Dr Kao/Dr Hsu and Dr Chuang if i can do my face and nose at the same trip..and they said, unless it's done togther, if not it's a no no...

I only wanted autologous...so Dr Chuang is out(He does it but he charges too high and he doesnt do that too often compared to Dr Hsu and Dr Kao)...that means a separate trip aft the face surgery has deswelled which can be another 6mths later. =(

User avatar
kittygirl8
Regular
Regular
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon, 05 May 2008

Postby kittygirl8 » Wed, 17 Dec 2008 3:13 pm

UglyPiglet wrote:
boii18 wrote:
UglyPiglet wrote:wah kittygirl8 u mean u've to share the ward with other 4girls who is doing the same procedures or just only you doing the nose alone and rest is totally not related to PS? I think I'm fortunate to have my own ward with TV and toilet and sofa somemore for my caretaker..... The timing wise is more or less the same abt 4-5hrs bah can't really recall how long Dr Hsu takes but is abt that timing bcos when I was pushed in is already 1pm plus, push out frm the operation room is abt 6pm alrdy...

And you're right i still feel like my nose bridge is quite high, look like witch or Pinocchio esp side views, I'm still hoping my nose tips can deswell and more define. But also mixed feeling, worried that too much absorption become too low not nice, too high also worried, really can't get used to it. Does anyone here feel the same as I am? Really contradicting :(


Hi your bridge is now not exactly very very high, as it is below the eyelid line, and it will get lower. Trust me its fine, you're just not used to it.


I think I'm still not use to it., well did tell u initially i request for much higher one at eyebrow level but Dr Hsu say unnatural refuse to do. I'm glad he did that, otherwise I'm a freek by now and will be troubled again....

kittygirl8>>>yeap don't worry about it, the bridge will get lower at least 5%-15% read thru something about absorption on rib for nose surgery. I hope is true then, both U and I will look better :)


Hi UP, Moonlight, Jocundster,

Thank you so so much for your kind encouragement and assurance! It really freaked me out when I saw my new nose for the first time yesterday and I am still pretty much tramautised by it. I really really hope Dr Kao know what he is doing for my nose and that the weirdo witchy alien lookalike nose will not be the final one........any idea how long does it take to de-swell and for resorption to kick in?

hugzzzz everyone!! :)
Closest buddy- Cold pack

Most intimate pal - Q-tip

Biggest dilemma - Identity crisis

Worst enemies - Comedy, funny tawainese talk show

User avatar
kittygirl8
Regular
Regular
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon, 05 May 2008

Postby kittygirl8 » Wed, 17 Dec 2008 3:19 pm

Jocundster wrote:
kittygirl8 wrote:Hi uglypiglet,

You mean you feel the same way too? But you looked absolutely gorgeous!!! Do you mean absorption will occur? What does that mean? Does it mean the high bridge will definitely be lower and that I am not being too paranoid now cos I am seriously feeling very depressed about it..... :(


Hi Kittygirl8,

I did my rhinoplasty with Dr Kao on the 28th Nov~ Don't get worried over the current look right now okie? hahhaa.. to be honest with you, i was abit like "wht E Hell" at first but now after almost 3 wks, the nose bridge and wings has become smaller but not totally there yet. So be patient and wait okie? A Happier girl is the way to a healthier recovery~

i was at a very bad condition after my surgery compare to others, Dr Kao actually gave me more medi~ That was caused by my playfulness, i went to Luxy (clubbing) after my surgery, inhaled 2nd smoke everyday and drank Choya almost everyday. But after he nagged me like my dad, I was more careful and less playful~

I think it will take at leas like 2 mths for a totally de-swell~
Be patient....


Hey Jocundster,

Thanks for taking the time to advise me and you're so gungho! I am like still lying on the hospital bed like a dead meat while you have already gone out partying lol! :) I will try to stay positive for now and it definitely helps so much after all your encouragement. I will check with Dr Kao tomorrow on what exactly he has given me for my nose cos mine looks very vertical straight without any gradiant which makes me freak out big time......

Hope you've since recovered well and not so playful anymore ah hehe :)
Closest buddy- Cold pack

Most intimate pal - Q-tip

Biggest dilemma - Identity crisis

Worst enemies - Comedy, funny tawainese talk show


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests